Pre-order period begins in India for the Nokia Lumia 520
0. phoneArena 29 Mar 2013, 14:27 posted on
The low-end Nokia Lumia 520 is now up for pre-orders in India where the device can be reserved for 10,499 Rupees ($197 USD) which includes a free 8GB microSD card and the device is expected to be available for shipping during the second week of April while the free microSD card deal expires on April 7th; the device has a 4 inch WVGA screen with a dual-core 1GHz processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ishtiak (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
It could be my secondary handset soonest as my primary one is note 2...Good value for money no doubt.
18. Andrea (banned) (Posts: 52; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
You cant even update the phone, dont like wp
8. wrm2013 (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I will also add im wearing off of the "I need a bigger screen" idea and looking at a smaller screened phones
7. wrm2013 (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Can you explain how? I had a gs2 and now have a gs3. After each update my ram gets eaten and my phone lag. Im looking at buying a windows phone.
12. Andrea (banned) (Posts: 52; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I can give you my wp if i can get your gs3 ??????
21. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
not enough to run temple run in Windows Phone 8, it is true, check out the news, Temple run for Windows Phone 8 requires a Gig of RAM. WTF???
4. jacobspeeds (Posts: 36; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
look at how cheap it is! and if a pc can run xp on that, then a phone can easily run windows phone easily...besides windows is very efficient in handling resources
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
First PC that i bought in 1995 had only 4 MB RAM and 512MB Drive loaded with Windows 95. Upgraded that to 8MB RAM and 1GB disk to run Oracle 7 back then. This RAM/CPU speed insanity is nothing but stupidity and a means by vendors to keep milking the same cow over and over again. Use your brain and not the spec sheets and you will save lots of money :)
9. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
That' great! When do pre orders start for indoor plumbing?
14. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
The day you are available as a Plumber ...
10. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
look at lumia 520 he is jumping around........!!!
15. varuntis1993 (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
a great phone at that price point, with decent specs and a nice looking phone but all is not done yet when we are not able to play a simple game like temple run 1 on it.....srsly nokia it is the time u switch to andriod first and then we will switch to lumia as i think microsoft is not able to attract big app developers to create apps for them and and most of the good apps aren't free.......i have lumia 800 and i know how it feels when there are no major software updates and not being able to play simple games that even a $150 andriod phone can do it and yeaa even some of the new windows phone 8 does not show temple run in windows marketplace as it requires min 1gb of ram
16. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
You really think low end Androids could play games that the 520 is unable to handle? Even the OS lags on those cheap droids, nevermind games! Also, they'll probably release a patch in the near future that allows temple run to work with just 512MB, since that should still be plenty...
20. varuntis1993 (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
but when.....when there is new temple run in the market..come on man wake up,,,,we all know what type of hardware is nokia capable of making and i also never criticize the hardware of lumia, it is one of the best out there in the market.....lumia is not able to get breakthrough because of it's os and not the hardware
17. US_Eminem (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
who told you that min 1 gb is required to play temple run . Bash PA for such fake news . My friend yesterday downloaded it on his lumia 620 ..
Also if u see the cover photo of windows phone india page then u can find temple run running on 620 (512 mb ram).
Here is the link:-
19. varuntis1993 (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
pls read the comments below the same pic of the fb page to get ur answer about 620