Prayers have been answered, the Google Nexus 4 is not sold out!
0. phoneArena 27 Nov 2012, 19:30 posted on
Despite apparently selling out minutes within going back on sale at the Google Play Store, the Google Nexus 4 is NOT sold out as Google had problems keeping up with the huge increase in traffic; Google says if you're having problems buying the phone on the Google Play Store, try again soon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4001; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Google really needs to handle product launches better.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
It does lol... Stop hating please
4. sorcio46 (Posts: 407; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
When you have millions of customers that constantly want to buy something from your store, this happens :-)
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
lol he's here for the mocking.....haha........but hes an alright guy :)
22. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Agree with you, but still more bearable than Wendy.
26. nacho69 (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This phone does also unofficially support T-mobiles forthcoming LTE network(it has a band 4 LTE radio and power amplifier on board), so it is future proof for t-mobile customers.
27. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
And I was right, again.
I said it's an inevitable server outage.
No matter how capable Google is, there are always limits to server traffic handling.
5. ShadyGambino (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
The 16GB version is shipping in 2-3 weeks.
The 8GB version is shipping in 7-8 WEEKS.
Looks like I'll be ordering the 16GB version.
9. Zero0 (Posts: 583; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I was going to order the 16GB version anyway, but the shipping date for the 8GB version is insane.
The only reason they haven't "sold out" officially yet is because they're letting people order almost two months out.
24. Retro-touch (Posts: 263; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
It seems that figure increases based on how many people order, its currently at
4-5 weeks for 16GB
8-9 weeks for 8GB
6. jan25 (Posts: 416; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Google, how about you show some love for the rest of the world.
14. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
I think if google released outside the USA. The servers would crash and the delays would be horrendous. Google simply did not expect the type of push by the 4, and 7.
It's unfortunate but they should be able to compensate by opening google stores and having a larger stock prior to announcement in the near future.
The better question is now that google has standardized a new and better way to sell the most up to date tech and bottom line prices how will apple change their business practices.
Knowing Steve jobless apple, they will not change much. However if apple decides lower prices of apple products i will be the first to admit I will return to apple products outside the iPhone
8. mydi.maus (unregistered)
Google play just showed me some love about giving me a chance to proceed on my order,....thanks GOOGLE ;)
12. amiaq (Posts: 495; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
No one at the moment can match up Apple marketing - unfortunately
13. caustictoast (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
I ordered my 16GB earlier today with a 2-3 week delay in shipping. They may have gotten some but they are listening to criticism and letting you order past their stock. There's 7-8 week delay for the 8GB that I was going to buy originally (but spent the extra 50 because I didn't want to wait until January)
15. JayMoney88 (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Oct 2011)
GOT MINE ORDERED AND IT'LL BE HERE IN 2-3 WEEKS, F*** EVERY ***HOLE WHO WAS TRYING TO SELL THIS AMAZING PHONE FOR HIGHER THAN THE PLAY STORE!!!!
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5917; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Just checked availability of the 16Gb edition. Ships in 4 - 5 weeks is effectively Sold Out.... Personally, I am enjoying my LTE-enabled Note II right now. Am I being biased?
19. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
order one, say ships in 2years, it still be up to date right
21. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I think its fair to assume elgoog was not prepared for the want of this device. I may be wrong and someone feel free to correct me, but I don't remember them having troubles like this with the gnex.
23. rishs17 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Finally got my Nexus 4 - 16 gig :)
They've said 4-5 weeks for shipping but thats all right - its a small price for getting a Nexus in 400 bucks.
Had a question though - is it finally confirmed when you get a receipt and an order number from Google or is it still possible to get screwed over?
Im just surprised because it went on sale at 12 pm and I booked mine at 9pm which, by past Play store experience, makes it seem iffy.
28. ymp72 (Posts: 11; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I call Google Play customer support and talked to the staff and her supervisor. They both told me the phone is sold out. Later I saw the sign online saying not sold out, and finally get to buy two 16GB model.
29. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Lol there is people buying the 8gig version and selling it for $500 plus on other sites.