Possible video of Ice Cream Sandwich on a Nexus S
0. phoneArena 28 Sep 2011, 17:37 posted on
Video has come out that shows what is supposedly an early build of Android Ice Cream Sandwich running on a Nexus S that someone bought on eBay, of course it could also just be a fancy launcher skin...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
again fake... Android never puts their dessert name on the phone... double fail as we have seen this picture before.... hmmmm
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google never puts the dessert name on the *finished* version of a phone, but we all know that Google still probably hasn't decided whether this is Android 2.4, 4.0 or 3.5.
12. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
true... so is this is Android way of losing a prototype?... at least the one from Apple was entertaining.... good story Michael like always.... though
14. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
we kinda see leaks from newest versions of android like a month from release.... I remember when Gingerbread was going around and with honeycomb too, I think they are done intentionally
57. bobnnate (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
there definitely done intentionally.it builds hype and makes people want to see more and potentionally buy
53. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Google does not stoop down to apple's level of super security systems and losing prototypes.
They'd rather have one person leak some of it and put all the hype in there, unlike all these articles with senseless hype about the iPhone5.
We need more hype and iSheep will buy this product since iSheep just buy products because of the brand and hype.
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
unless android is using launcher pro on the next version, id say this is a fake.. and a boring one at that. it looks a lot like the last fake. lol
20. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
its good to remember that if the device has touch buttons like the nexus S some things may need to be arranged, if newer devices have no touch buttons and use a slightly different layout for the user interface we might be looking at how ICS looks on a device with touch buttons on it... maybe? just maybe
33. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
look at the launcher icon on the bottom. thats launcher pro. its a custom rom.
43. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I have seen that icon elsewhere. It's also on the xperia launcher, this could be a Custom rom alright, but what has my senses tingling is the user, he might have bought a moded phone without notice, but the accuracy of the previous 4chan guy with this might be a bit weird, we can always say someone took the 4chan post and tried turning it into something real like, but again things need time to be worked out and I must say that thing looks faster, so it's hard to tell its some cooked rom
19. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2278; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I agree,, and this is a great looking launcher, available in the android market :)
23. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
wrong 1.you cant download a status bar from the market.
2. The camera app is different (cant download that either)
2. The running apps list cannot be downloaded from there either
26. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
they don't need to be on the market if you are a good dev you can make some
35. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
we call that a "custom ROM". My phone has one. doesnt look like stock/manufacturer either. There are plenty floating around, especially at XDA.
25. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Fail entirely. That looks stupid, why not keep it the same and Green is better than blue. But then again, Android is so ass backwards.
29. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
actually yeah, i like the green better too. it should be blue for tablets and green for phones or make a theme setting.
36. JGuinan007 (Posts: 684; Member since: 19 May 2011)
The Miz is right GREEN is better than BLUE if this is real I will have to jump off android and buy an Iphone 4s or 5 darn them for making it stupid blue!
40. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I can think of way more reasons to jump ship. Coming from Android to iOS is like coming from a turd filled bag to a shiny golden apple.
41. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
To bad you can't eat golden apples or even wear them they just stand in there and shine
30. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Android should focus on geting Gingerbread to all the android phones before they add another update.... just my 2 cents
38. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Android does focus on getting Gingerbread out, carriers don't. Blame your carrier, not Android.
52. Fayez` (unregistered)
this launcher is available in market. check it out
2. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Mention of ice cream sandwich make me hungry I am going to store now see you guy tomorrow.
4. Ivan6479 (Posts: 249; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Honestly why is Phone Arena wasting everyone's time with this fake garbage?