Possible pricing for affordable iPhone emerges
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2013, 12:29 posted on
The budget-friendly iPhone has been making the rounds with various leaked images of multi-colored...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 2383; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
These prices will depend on the final specs of the phone. I would say that the pricess are reasonable if the specs are on par with the iPhone 5.
4. TechDork (Posts: 292; Member since: 10 May 2010)
I ultimately agree. If the specs are that of the iPhone 5, then this would be a great snatch. But, from what we know of them now....yeah, 40 thumbs downs lol.
11. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 530; Member since: 07 May 2012)
specs won't be on par with the iphone 5,regardless of the specs it won't be worth that much, these companies just overcharging for the crapass product they make,that's were MediaTek and chinese OEMs are coming, like xiaomi good phones reasonably enough price,screw apple!
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
my guess is probably 129$ because you're paying for the paint job/logo. when u can buy a Android phone from .99-49$
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 21317; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude you should really do yourself favor, and log off. Boy lol just wowwwwwwww
45. sharifsumit (Posts: 22; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
a 99$ android !!! have you tried any of those ? how they performed ? use one and let me know.
26. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I totally disagree, I feel these prices are $348.99, $448.99 and $548.99, respectively, overpriced.
27. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I'm talking bout with 2yr contract. those prices you put are FULL PRICE.
28. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
My point exactly; they should be an iPenny, respectively, with a '2yr contract'!!
29. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
is that cheeper version of iphone?
oh com'on better to buy Xperia SP, One X, S3, and Lumia 720-820.
2. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
$349 ..Xperia SP is a better deal ..or a lumia 820
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
...or a LG Optimus L7 II... or a ...Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 and many more...
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
18. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
You are wrong man,these handsets are full of lag with terrible SoCs.
I'm sure this affordable iPhone will crush these android midrange phones in terms of speed and smoothness.iOS doesn't need a dual core to run smooth.
Anyway I'm dissapointed with the design,so much cheap plastic.
20. thelukewarm (Posts: 18; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
''IOS dosen't need dual-core''.................... what about games and some apps...... f**k you and your IOSH*T 7
39. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The 4s and above are dual core, aren't they? Sake for, what, the iFat2 and up?
21. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
the Xperia SP got a Dual core s4 , same for the Lumia 820 and im pretty sure they wont be packing anything more than a Dual core A5 in that phone (due to cost ) ..as you said , iOS doesn't need high specs , but for future updates , it will ....so therefore to the average sensible customer , the SP is the overall best package - fast processor , great design , good camera , good battery ,LTE support , expandable storage ..the "Budget" iphone is therefore made for people who want a iphone to show off and be a part of the high society ...so it is sort of like a porsche boxter - which is the "poor mans" porsche for the wannabe 911 fans
22. papss (unregistered)
um the n4 does anything but lag
25. HASHTAG (unregistered)
That's what I'm saying. Never lagged when I owned the N4.
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
If there was no Android phones I would only buy the lumia 820 over this budget iPhone
16. selena1000 (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
you cant say an iphone for $349 isnt a big deal
23. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i guess the phone is aimed at teenagers and white collar workers who want a mid range phone with a desirable logo on it .....its not over priced but with taxes and stuff , this will cost $370 to ship and in some countries it will cost more than the 4S due to taxes , so it might be a tough sell
41. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
rumor has the color models will probably be for china and India and such
5. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
It's amazing to me that people post out of ignorance and for the simple fact they don't own or even touch the phones they are mentioning. I've owned a iPhone 5 and currently in a HTC One and both are great phones. Otherwise don't comment if you are on a $1 phone on contract or on a model that's more than a year old.
37. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
I had three Verizon iPhone fives. Every one of them were garbage. The screen lagged from the lock screen and worst of all the battery life was horrible. I mean like 11/2 screen on time! Really!
42. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
See if Warranty Customer Care will give you a Lumia 928 as an exchange.
7. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
100$ for doubling the memory.i dont think it costs that much.even if it would,u can simply add support for sd card(coz its low cost phone afterall)
9. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
There's the problem of inability to install apps on SD cards due to speed reasons. Android has stopped support for installing apps on the SD card since jab I think.
17. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
With iPhone 5/4S's specs this will be a hit.
300 euros is quite cheap,but of course,here,in Europe we have stupid taxes which will make this phone costs around 400 euros(at least ~100 euros in addition).
19. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
If it has the exact specs of the iPhone 5 but in a plastic casing, then the $350 price tab would be reasonable. Otherwise, Nexus 4 is the way to go (where the Play Store is available at least).
24. papss (unregistered)
I just got my N4 and love it so far.. one nitpick is that the Google V keyboard doesn't have a .com button like my Lumia 920 does..
31. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Looks cheap. Apple selling only premium products...no more.
43. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Premium only in price. Early iPhones and new ipods and macs are plastic with cheap Chinese internals with some decent silicon CPU and GPUs.
32. TechnoTechyes (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Jan 2011)
I thought they were 'only' being manufactured for Indian and African markets.
33. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Still overpriced compared to generic 1080p China phones with faster specs
34. papss (unregistered)
I would rather pay more than buy anything made by a Chinese company if I can help it. Plus I can imagine Apple will support there products far longer
36. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Actually, there are some really good companies bringing some really great products! It would be worth if you lived in China! Xiaomi, Oppo, Huawei, Lenovo,etc. are surely well known companies now! :)
40. papss (unregistered)
48. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
he meant the cheapo fake branded china phones. but you get the idea..
35. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Yeah! Now even the poor can show off their new iPhone! :P
38. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
All iphones are overpriced. The 5 should be no more expensive than a Lumia 620.
46. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if it has decent specs then i may pick one of these up to have as a backup.
47. DKJnr (Posts: 24; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I really think that Apple is getting this wrong. I don't see how they will succeed in the budget smartphone market. They might only succeed in diluting the brand. Secondly, other OEMs for Android or Nokia are releasing very good budget smartphones at lower price points.
Apple is known for innovation, quality and most other attributes that support it's premium brand position and they have been extremely successful at it. Why try to compete with ZTE (if you get my point)? I believe they should stick with old strategy of older handset being the budget phone and just focus on innovation for new releases. For instance, upgrade iPhone 5 to iOS 7 (with better extras than currently available) & reduce price for budget minded but release a game changing iPhone 6 at the same time as their topline phone. Or launch a completely new budget brand.