Possible keyboard and dialer from HTC Sense 5.0 leaked
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Jan 2013, 22:15
We've only heard a little bit about what will be coming with HTC's UI layer, Sense, as part of the 5.0 upgrade which is expected to be a central part of the new flagship HTC M7, due to be announced soon. But now, there has been a leak which claims to be the dialer and keyboard from Sense 5.0...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. PhenomFaz posted on 07 Jan 2013, 02:39 5 0
yup this looks bad especially when the three-dot options button takes up an entire freakin row!!
16. Berzerk000 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 03:41 5 0
They gave an option to turn that off in Sense 4.1 I believe, and instead of there being a whole bar for the menu button, you just long press one of the capacitive buttons.
2. Hunt3rj2 posted on 06 Jan 2013, 22:33 7 1
It's very nice to see that HTC is finally ditching gradients.
4. protozeloz posted on 06 Jan 2013, 22:39 5 1
And still that dumb physical button thing.... God they never learn
5. blingblingthing posted on 06 Jan 2013, 22:59 2 3
It is a software button. What is wrong with it? Should it not be there or bew somewhere else? If so, may I ask where?
6. fahqman posted on 06 Jan 2013, 23:10 1 2
why are you asking these questions like you're the HTC? You may already like the sense 5 without trying it for yourself but people hated sense for years.
11. Igneel posted on 07 Jan 2013, 00:20 2 0
I think what he means is that, they use 3 soft touch Android keys which is Back, Home, Recent and left the Menu button alone on-screen and take up some space. I really think it doesn't make sense even though its Sense :P
13. ojdidit84 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 01:53 0 0
The recent button is irrelevant because you can change the recent button to act as menu/recent button with tap/longpress. They should make that the default. The on-screen button can be change in sense settings.
17. protozeloz posted on 07 Jan 2013, 05:44 0 0
Problem is why make this more complicated? Use on screen buttons
9. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 06 Jan 2013, 23:41 2 1
What physical button, you mean on the device itself? The DNA has no physical button aside from the volume and power buttons everything is soft touch buttons, which to me are irritating because the only way to wake the damn thing is to press the power button, would be great if the Home button would wake the phone or at least have it in the damn options to set what button you can use to wake the phone. Sense is still garbage in my eyes and DNA Sense 4.xx is still lacking is simple things, file explorer, ability to customize the long press of the soft touch buttons, problems keeping dates in order in the sms, the overall poor way the sms built in app works it's slow and updates in a poor manner. I understand wanting to make your own mark on Android but honestly don't omit things that are useful and don't go making things overly complicated and make sure your tweaks work for the user and not against them.
18. protozeloz posted on 07 Jan 2013, 05:46 0 0
The DNA has on screen buttons? Proof of it didn't happen, second, you can tell because the screenshot has no on screen button except for the menu overflow button
25. gwuhua1984 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 10:20 0 0
He did say anything about on screen buttons... He said "soft touch"
12. jed27 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 00:26 0 0
Did you mean the 3 dotted menu button on the bottom of the keyboard? You can change the settings to get rid of it. Or did you mean you the capacitive back-home-recent apps/menu buttons? I prefer it to onscreen buttons.
14. KingKurogiii posted on 07 Jan 2013, 01:55 0 0
yeah, it's gonna take something pretty badass to get me off of onscreen function keys. o:
20. protozeloz posted on 07 Jan 2013, 05:51 1 0
Keys you can move any way you like (root) that have the functions needed all the time and that go away when needed plus they are helping make devices smaller, look at the razr M for example and the S4 leaks
26. KingKurogiii posted on 07 Jan 2013, 14:26 0 0
yeah, plus instant access to Google Now on command or with ROM's like AOKP & CM10 shortcuts to any app you chose from the launcher ring.
19. protozeloz posted on 07 Jan 2013, 05:49 0 0
The soft keys are supposed to die, and yet we have HTC going at it, they prove an advantage over the other things. I can tell because they don't appear on the screenshot 1 and there is a overflow button under the keyboard witch indicates that
10. Igneel posted on 07 Jan 2013, 00:16 4 0
Xperia Keyboard is a lot prettier and cleaner. This Sense Keyboard looks like it's cramped up.
8. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Jan 2013, 23:33 1 0
not bad, not bad. i am intrigued. i may keep an open mind about Sense 5 if i keep seeing more of this. i still think the keyboard just looks too busy though. o:
22. TheKookiemonster007 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 08:41 0 0
i've seen more picture's of it on TheVerge i like it not to much skin over the already nice Android Jelly bean.
23. TheKookiemonster007 posted on 07 Jan 2013, 09:03 0 0
oh wait it wasn't on The Verge but on a dutch site called 'Tweakers'.