Possible factory unlocked Apple iPhone 5 prices show up on Apple website
0. phoneArena 05 Nov 2012, 00:09 posted on
Searching for "factory unlocked iPhone 5" on the Apple.com website reveals an unofficial price list that starts at $649 for the16GB model; the prices match those listed in a report about a comparison page on Apple's website that showed unlocked pricing for the handsets in the U.S.and Canada...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Nobody cares!!! Except for sheeps! LUMIA 920 is what we r looking for ;)
13. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Upto $849 for a phone...thats coming in the $1000 category...where are the good old days when you could just buy an apple from your grocery store for a lot less :)
2. chronopc (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
$649 for iPhone 5 vs. $349 for Nexus 4. Sure is expensive having that Apple logo on your phone.
9. MeoCao (unregistered)
And I love that big beautiful screen, notification center, google now...
... Oh I forget that revolutionary PhotoSphere, sorry there are so many exciting features.
Who cares about that apple partially ate by somebody else.
23. khanrehan99 (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Totally agree with you man. Android is always revolutionary and offers something with each new update as opposed to apple keep fixing "bugs". GO TEAM ANDROID!!
11. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Don't pretty much all high-end smartphones (except for the Nexus) have high price tags, not just the iPhone? Seems like every logo makes your phone more expensive.
And the Nexus 4 is only a deal if you buy it retail. If it's true that companies like T-mobile will sell it for $200 w/o LTE then that would be a major rip-off.
And aren't there 101 apps in both the Play Store and the App Store that have the same functions as Photo Sphere? Let's hold off on calling everything Google does revolutionary.
17. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Correct it lol, Nexus priced at 599 Euros and In google play its 300 euros... hahhahahahah
3. KazEmpire (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
649$ for 16GB Model? FTW! its the double of Nexus 4
Give me 1 good reason why i shouldnt pay less and get alot more?
24. khanrehan99 (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
There is no reasons except if you are a sheep haha,,,NEXUS ALL THE WAY!!
6. KazEmpire (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
it means you can use on any carrier in the world.
14. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
they unlocked the LED display thats why its "Unlockled".. but still wrong bec. its LCD.. hey check it out..
5. Savage (unregistered)
This is daylight robbery. Making this phone costs no more than $200. Ain't paying thrice the price just for "quality"
10. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
That is not expensive enough, in my country the 16gb iPhone 5 sells for $1000...
15. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Where you live ?
16. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
It's probably because of taxes . Here in Malaysia we have no tax for phones and tabs . But our automotive tax is crazy ! It cost USD 106K just to buy the Mercedes e200 base model with no options ticked
20. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
no no...because the iPhone 5 hasn't been sold in my country yet, maybe january 2013, it's a "black-market" version so the seller can ask any amount they want, "THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO PAY FOR AN IPHONE 5, DEAL WITH IT OR YOU WON'T GET YOUR HANDS ON IPHONE 5" i live in indonesia
Apple products are usually pricier in developing countries, and cheaper in developed countries,
in the meantime. the nexus 4 will be sell for 550 bucks in my country, yeah im not kidding, because my country has no google play store,
you all who was born in the states are very lucky :( take me there right f**kin now
21. juanmag4 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
In Argentina we paid 10 times the value.
Americans are lucky
22. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
it is ! 1000000000000% lucky ! i wanna move to us !
25. khanrehan99 (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Dude, dont make a phone that much of a serious deal. There are many other things you can focus on. I mean i know its nice to have high end new electronics to play with but paying over $1K is ridiculous and a complete waste of your hard earned money.
12. fistigons (Posts: 330; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Noob question: If you buy an unlocked phone and then put it on a network does it then become locked? If so how easy is it to unlock? I know if you buy a phone from a carrier they can unlock it for you after your contract is up, but since you aren't on a contract with an unlocked phone it seems like it shouldn't lock.
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
If you buy a factory unlocked phone your carrier can't lock it if you put it on their network, at least to my knowledge
19. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
well in india its prized 38,000 rs that's converted to Us Dollars to 600$ ( current rate )
So I don't think its expensive. here s3 is almost 34,000 rs ..... So only 4000 up...
26. juwansome (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Just buy an iPod Touch 5G and tether it to your Android ;-)