Possible Nokia Windows Phone 8 prototype spotted in the wild
Obviously, the smartphone is alive and kicking, and by the looks of it, Windows Phone 8 is installed on it. Or who knows, it might be an older experimental handset running Windows Phone 7.8.
redesigned Metro interface, with funkier live tiles and more space on your home screen, will be present on both releases.
Yet don't expect this boxy Windows Phone handset to ever land at your local cell phone retail store. It is most likely made for developers to play with, while the better looking Nokia smartphones are the ones we will get to try out. That, however, will not happen until later this fall.
source: WP7 via WMPoweruser
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2962; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Looks thick, slide out keyboard maybe?
7. maverick786us (Posts: 117; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
If it is thick, it might be a stripped down version of PureView camera
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it may just be a Test Device much like that Samsung that was used for WP7.
3. saurabhstark (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
I hope nokia's WP8 phone is not this one...it's ugly & thick...
4. Life_Engineer (Posts: 8; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Hehe it looks like iPhone! I can smell a lawsuit coming...
U don't need that Nokia! U have enough trouble...
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1826; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol tahts demo phone this is what Nokia will replay to Apple
5. Osman (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 May 2012)
lol people its a prototype or u can say they had to make a prototype to check their progress! its not gonna b in market...
14. snowgator (Posts: 3205; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I guess whatever it takes to keep WP8 and Nokia in the news!!
8. aayupanday (Posts: 516; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
That's gotta have a Snapdragon S4 ticking inside it !
9. mattmurs (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
If the phone is real, I just wonder how many lawsuits Nokia will have to go through to actually release it, since the whole design looks like an iPhone 4 just a bit thicker!!!
10. StreetNerd (Posts: 703; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
its an old prototype, u see the old windows logo? ;)
18. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
cant be mistaken for an iphone plus apple doesn't have the balls to sue Microsoft they already pay them for the ipod and ipad
19. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
its surely not what nokia is gonna release, nokia does far better designs then this....this just a test for the os