Possible Nexus 5 (LG-D820) passes Wi-Fi certification with gigabit support
0. phoneArena 16 Sep 2013, 21:40 posted on
The evidence has mostly pointed towards LG model D820, and likely D821 as well, as being what we are generally calling the Nexus 5. There was a bit of skepticism on that front for a short time, but overall the consensus says that those models are the next Nexus handsets. We've seen those models pass through the FCC, and now two different models of the D820 have passed Wi-Fi certification...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. rcjrdrummer (Posts: 12; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I just need to know if this is coming to Verizon or not....
9. Jklaz (Posts: 134; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
This ^^. I need a phone off contract. Id go craigslist G2 if the nexus 5 isnt but its so suspenseful
15. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
It will have a CDMA variant, so Verizon will get that.
3. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
What's general guess of price?
More I look, more it don't matter though.
6. marshalmin (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
In asia pricing is really matter as we have to buy full uncontract price and + vat 7 percent . Google should make fair pricing like nexus 4.
4. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Duh it's obviously refers to the Nexus 5S and Nexus 5C :)
5. marshalmin (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
I thought Motorola gonna make Nexus 5 , even one of the staff post about Motorola making N5 . What happen to it , Motorola make premium feeling phone and mostly expensive but when it make google nexus phone pricing is Google decision which is fair .
8. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Anyone else think this line of phones looks ugly? Never saw anything attractive about this phone beyond the on time updates
10. Jklaz (Posts: 134; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
On time updates, good specs, and cheap off contract price is way more attractive than any design in my opinion. The N4 was a good looking phone. But the leaks of this one haven't exactly shown a stunning design I agree
11. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
i guess but off contract will never appeal to me, specs are the same nowadays on every phone just depends who changes it up for the best combo. I think most phones look good but these phones feels uninspired
12. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
@Michael, the D820 has all chances to be the Nexus 5, but the D821 seems to be a CDMA version of the LG G2, please correct that...
In the FCC the D820 has: 5" screen, 68.2mm wide, 131.9 mm tall and Key Lemo Pie.
While the D821 has 5.2" screen, 70.9x138.5 mm and Jelly Bean 4.2.