Poll: what new Motorola device makes you most excited?
- What new Motorola device makes you most excited?
282 votes (282 votes) Motorola DROID MAXX
84 votes (84 votes) Motorola DROID Ultra
104 votes (104 votes) Motorola DROID Mini
937 votes (937 votes) Motorola Moto X
414 votes (414 votes) I'm still not impressed by Motorola
1. imkyle (Posts: 911; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I think the Droid line is loosing it's momentum.
15. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
The Droid X was a good phone and a huge success, but everything since has been compromised in some way.
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2800; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yes but after the 2.2 update it went down hill from there. Some might argue with me and that's fine but I bought the Droid X when it first came out and loved it(would have loved the EVO better though) but Sprint network sucked at the time and Verizon was the best(still is) I had nothing but problems with the Droid X after it got 2.2, 2.3 was slightly improved but it still had a lot of bugs, random reboots, crashes, freeze ups, and signal issues.
The OG was the same way, loved it on 2.0 but after that, it got a lot of bugs. BUT in the end, I loved them and they will always have a special place in my heart, lol
32. Sniggly (Posts: 6199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
See, I had reboots on 2.2, but the only bug I remember from 2.3 was the keyboard disappearing bug, which was fixed with a subsequent update.
25. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
In fairness, the original MAXXXXXX (why so many x? Dumb on malibus, dumb on phones) gave the line some spark, but wasn't so compelling as to give a huge sales boost. The new one's battery life is impressive, and the cores bring it up to par with the G4 and the like, but it's an uphill battle against Samsung's market share and consumer mindset.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I was all excited, then i saw that there was no memory expansion slot...and my excitement reduced to half.
Waiting for the X.
13. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I doubt the X will have memory expansion either. Your options for microSD will soon be Samsung or Samsung.
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I thought they would have slots...like the RAZR M. It's disappointing that it tops at 16Gigs, except for the Maxx.
And no offence, but i'm not a Samsung person...nothing against them but it's not me. I still have Sony as my option though.
26. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Lumia 625 has MicroSD, and it's only entry-level.
4. sniper1087 (Posts: 258; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
the only thing that I think is cool is mirroring as well as "ok google now" that while driving could be really useful, concern on the battery side.
6. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I feel like they got the big parts of what makes a flagship phone in 2013 but they missed crucial other flagship specs like only having 296 ppi and the lack of wireless AC.
8. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 570; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Not impressed at all, I hope the Moto X at the very least has a HD1080P display, but going by leaks, that ain't gona happen.
Couldn't they fit at least a S600 CPU and HD1080P Display in the Droid Maxx??? Just to bring it up to scratch with the latest flagships?
Anyway, good luck to Moto, they'll need it.
9. bigstrudel (Posts: 399; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I'd rather have the dual core. Better on battery and identical real life performance.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
You guys can have the big guns, i Will be looking to get the mini. As Motorola finally made the phone I been asking for, for a loooong time now. A 4.3 inch, HD screen, top notch processor, 10 mp camera, nice kevlar design and a 2000 mAh battery!!!!!
YESSSSSS! I feel I can stop checking out phones now lool (just kidding) but really though this is my dream phone moto thanks
11. Genersis (Posts: 132; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Either the Motorola Mini or the Moto X.
I think the mini makes me the most excited, I just hope it comes to the UK...I wonder what it would be called....Moto Mini? Milestone Mini? Would they bring back RAZR? Hmmm....
12. cR203 (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
It could just be me that feels this way but the droid line is dead to me. It was never that exciting but I think its on its last leg.
28. Jillxz (Posts: 109; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I agree. It's dead for me also. Wish Verizon would stop using that name.
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Hey Michael, I just checked out the Verizon website for the Moto mini and under the spec sheet it says it has a 2130 mAh battery.....jus letting the PA staff know cuz other articles are saying it has a 2000 mAh one
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5173; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LOL No one cares bout Verizon version of the MAXX y cause it's only for Verizon they get all the goodies with hefty battery and SD CARD. While our X Phone is CUSTOMIZABLE if u buy it through them.
27. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Because few, if any, really care about them anymore. Pretty much dead to the world since 2010, and still stuck there.
33. Sniggly (Posts: 6199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Because that's not what the article was about, troll.
29. steelew (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I would love a droid maxx NOT on verizon, unlocked. That would be perfect. I don't have anything against verizon but I want a great phone on straight talk. I guess I could buy it used and use it on straight talk anyway...maybe I will.
30. speckledapple (Posts: 873; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I think the thing that many of the people here forget is that people do not care so much about the things we care about. We look for super specs that are pretty much the cutting edge and pretty much crap on anything that is not that. These are not the most high performing phones on the market spec wise but it clearly has some punch where it matters (battery life being one) and that is what customers will be going after. That said, these are pretty damned good phones. I aim to see how well they do as I already know several people who will upgrade to these.
31. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1529; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Moto X is fading all these devices with good design and features. :)
34. Sniggly (Posts: 6199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hmm. While I love the battery and size of the MAXX, the Moto X is going to have the wider market appeal due to its significantly lower price.