Poll results: Sony Xperia Z2, did you like it?
11. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
they finally made a good screen, otherwise their phones are great anyways (though they need to put in thinner bezels)
But Sammy 5 was a big let down mostly on the design front.... Not changing the design of the fone for the 3rd year straight was a mistake
We might be looking at a possible premium F series but even that does not justify the same design for the S5
16. vincelongman (Posts: 4164; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
IMO the Z2's too big, its nearly 1 cm bigger than the G2 and the Z1 C is too small.
Hopefully the Z3 will have thin top and bottom bezels like their ZL.
Then it would be just about prefect.
Or hopefully they release a 4.7+" version the size of the Moto X.
37. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
yes to me 4.5" - 4.7" seems like the sweet point for screen estate luxury/ergonomics
31. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Love that phone. I really hope Sony does well this year and catch up to Samsung
3. iamoa (unregistered)
This is one perfect device.
4. GMS85 (Posts: 208; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I love sony, and it's a great phone no doubt, but still not convinced they surely can do better than this, I'll keep my Xperia Z1, and I will wait for All New HTC!
47. TMach (Posts: 452; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Also love HTC but it will only offer something different not necessarily better. Personally, I am beginning to dislike/get bored with Sense and leaning more to Sony's minimalist overlay on android! Also already owning the HTC One, will take a major shift for me to consider the All New HTC One!
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is just one perfect beast of a phone, but Sony should've add an IR blaster on this one. But nevertheless, good job Sony!
38. oister85 (Posts: 480; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Ir blaster is huge let down for me man. Overall is great phone
7. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
One.of the best smartphone of 2014, putting Galaxy S5 to Shame
30. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
2014 just started. Lot of phones to come. Apple is yet to show anything, HTC will obviously have a say. Note series will also be there. Moto is also there. Not to forget typical Sony 'Tax'.
Z2 = Z1 + better display.
Nothing revolutionary. it doesn't have a single thing that competitors lack. No wonder Apple/Samsung sells 10x phones compared to Sony.
35. pyradark (Posts: 829; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
People are adapting little by little back to sony. Even the sammy and apply takes years to get what they are now.
45. Feanor (Posts: 676; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I think all competitors but Apple lack premium construction.
All competitors but Samsung lack water proofing.
All competitors but HTC lack stereo speakers.
The Z2 is the most complete device at the moment.
Also which Sony tax? It seems that Z2 will be same price or slightly cheaper than S5. Amazon.de has the Z2 €100 cheaper than S5.
48. TMach (Posts: 452; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Nothing revolutionary but depends how you define revolutionary! The iPhone has kept the same design language for a number of years and Samsung has not significantly changed it's design language since the S2! As for Sony tax, not sure what that is about! The Z2 is slightly cheaper than the S5 which taking the less than premium construction of the S5........the Z2 is also cheaper than the equivalent iPhone 5S and the gap will no doubt be bigger when the iP6 is released. Oh well, guess haters are always gonna hate!
8. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Oh yes, everything is promising on paper. But there are some concerns already, camera lens soft spots, darkening (at least not whitening) at screen angles or Erica Griffin spotting quick decolorization of the plastic finish between the metal frame and screen...
So whether I like it or not will have to come down to extensive testing and feedback, but I love the POTENTIAL of it.
9. v3n0m (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
Combination of excellent performance and usage of premium materials. This is only the beginning of huge success for Sony Mobile.
10. ysk79 (Posts: 39; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Just make it a bit lighter and probably shave off some length..and take my money
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Of course we liked it! It's the best smartphone so far :D
13. mas39 (Posts: 80; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
It's a shame that the bezels are still so large, maybe due to water proofing, but then again they could have left the water proofing out as well. Like the powerful sound though, but I'm still going for a 5.9"+ phablet for my next phone, which will either be the LG G Pro 2, the One Max or the rumoured Nokia 1525, but I have another 6 months to decide so I shall take my time.
39. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Im 100% with you on that. The Note line spoiled me. Im currently using the Note 3 but i want a larger screen. If the Note 4 wont come with a larger 5.9"+ screen then the successor to the Lumia 1520 will be my next device. I recently bought the 1520 and its an amazing device. WP looks beautiful on that screen.
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Hope that it should sell well as compared to Sammy's flagship.
15. pyradark (Posts: 829; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
If they sell it in US instantly, it will boost on sales
19. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, but Sammy is much faster in device availability.
40. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Also, they MUST do away with Carrier Exclusivity.
Else they wont catch up to Samsung.
The Z2 is a beautiful fone +1000
18. hk0805 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
PA is asking for a poll on Z2. It was an obvious choice of the readers leave aside yours.
Bring on a similar poll for S5 (which you'll like) and you'll be able to see a definite disconnect. It was a huge disappointment.
You'll liked S5 since you'll were paid by Samsung.
21. CreedFrancis (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Yes! I hope they change the design next year tho before people start complaining about it.
23. davenycept (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Too much extra space on the top and bottom.. S5 and the F-series will destroy them in sales
26. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Those extra space is for 1/2.3" sensor, stereo speakers and IP58 certification
And agree with you it still to soon for Sony to beat samsung when it comes to sales especialy when samsung still doing their aggresive marketing and dirty tricks.
Slowly but sure there is many people starting to "shift" from samsung to other manufacturers just like me from GS2 to Z1Compact.
For non Samsung die hard fanboys htc all new one, LG G3, Nexus 6, Z2 and Z3 will be a much better options than f series.
24. SD123 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
You are not only like S5 you also getting PAID by SamSung :D ( Amin it PA )
28. x88yunkw (Posts: 118; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
actual sales speak. no point to ding dong ding dong here.
29. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
This phone makes me wonder. Is this xperia z2 going to be this years HTC one? Are many people going to like it but not many buy it?
33. SonyPS4 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Sony got everyhting right in this phone. What they need is better marketing like their PS4. Sad to see Xperia get lower sales than it deserved. This and Z1 Compact is one of the best smarpthone so far.
42. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
The problem is Carrier Exclusivity.
If they do away with that then alot of people will buy Sony
34. Sonny_09 (Posts: 49; Member since: 24 May 2013)
Liking it is one thing, buying it is another.
43. isprobi (Posts: 637; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I like it. But I decided to buy a Z Ultra for the large screen as a trade off for a lesser camera.
44. Federated (Posts: 261; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
This is a perfect phone. I love it. Having said that I might still wait for the Z3 towards the end of the year due to a newer SoC (SD 805 it is). Im still enjoying my Z1s. I'm happy with its performance. Lag-free and snappy. SD 800 is very well-optimized on the Z1s.
46. hurrycanger (Posts: 1557; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I missed the poll. xD
I like it. Sony is getting better and better. (I won't get one for myself though)
49. TMach (Posts: 452; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Handtec blog also running a poll as to which their readers prefer and the vote is 83% for the Z2 and 17% for the S5!
50. bluemath (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Outstanding, very premium look, clear winner...Sony Xperiaz2... I wanna buy this...