Poll results: LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One: which one would you pick?
0. phoneArena 13 Aug 2013, 09:17 posted on
Just last week, the LG G2 launched kicking off the fall season of new phones and it wowed us with a nearly bezel-less front panel…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Fernandezxc (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
non of them i'd go for xperia Z, simply cos its design is way better than any of them
2. baza58 (Posts: 19; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
is design more important than display for example for you?
3. anleoflippy (Posts: 318; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
The display and camera quality is already good after some firmware updates. It is also inexpensive than the three smartphones mention in the poll. I'm guessing Fernandezxc is someone who does not care about viewing angles.
But then again, who am I to judge.
39. Fernandezxc (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Well if u r going to spend cash, why spend on something that looks just like the rest (galaxies). I would prefer the xperia cos it stands out from the crowd and anyway i prefer if the viewing angles are less, gives u some privacy
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I would go for all 5™
Cause all 5 of them are great devices. Obviously the G2 has a better Cpu.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
for me I'll pick the Z ULTRA and will wait for U.S. release unless I see the HONAMI
48. JEEPOFFROADV8 (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Apr 2009)
lol umm no it isnt. the display also sucks on the z. i would take the htc one any day over the z. infact i did a sweet black ONE
4. anleoflippy (Posts: 318; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I already have the Xperia ZL. But if I were to choose other than the phone I have, it would be the HTC One or the Sony Honami simply because the HTC One is already cheaper than the Exynos version of the Galaxy S4 and it's features and somewhat impressive call quality. The Honami because Sony tend to price their phones cheaper in the Asian market (Malaysia specifically) and their design and features although I cannot judge because it is not released yet buy seeing the rumours, I expect good things.
10. anleoflippy (Posts: 318; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
*buy by seeing the rumours, I expect good things.
5. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
If I were to go back to android, I'd get an HTC ONE. I know the camera isn't cracked up to be what they promised, but the screen is beautiful, sense 5 is actually enticing for once, and the construction and design of the phone is, well beautiful. One of the best looking phones to date.
6. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Can I say Samsung galaxy s4? :)
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Is that you wendygarrett.....
Yes you can
9. ryan5609 (Posts: 99; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Assuming there is unlock method found for my VZW GS4, I will stick with my GS4. I am not a fan of touchwiz and would much rather have a vanilla 4.3 ROM. The G2 looks awesome, but I am also not a huge fan of how LG has skinned their UI. But if an unlock method is not found within the next couple of months, I will seriously consider the G2.
15. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
32. ryan5609 (Posts: 99; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Yes, that is for root only. There is no known UNLOCK method currently available for VRUAME7, which is what I am currently running.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?
12. lpratas (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Wait for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE Advanced with Snapdragon 800.
21. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Will it be like the exynos octa version and not have the right bands for the US carriers?
13. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I would say probably the G2, then the HTC One. I don't really care for the GS4.
14. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
sad part of this poll for htc is being number #2 in this poll isnt equating to the sales numbers for them. gs4 is selling alot more than htc one.
17. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
That's because the average smartphone consumer knows little about these phones, and the Galaxy series has a reputation as being the best (and they very well may be). It's the same reason people still buy iPhones. Those of us in the know weigh our decisions on other factors.
20. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Lol, so you're telling me that LG G2 will sell double the gs4 because of the poll tells that?
23. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
LG would be liucky to get 1/10th of Samsungs sales.
28. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I don't believe any of us actually said that. Quite the opposite in fact. What I said was that I would choose the LG or the One over the GS4, but the general public would not.
24. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Of course it isn't.
This poll is on a tech website for phone techies.. we know our phones and what we want. We aren't the average consumer.
If this was a public poll taken out on the street, I the results would be MUCH different.
On sites like this, these polls follow the HW specs really. On the street, the polls follow the marketing. :P
16. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
surprisingly people prefer lg g2 & htc one over s4 but it won't happen actually because lg don't release it worldwide soon & overpriced it and previous number shows s4 selling better than one
25. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
1 word: MARKETING.
EVERYBODY knows Samsungs phones - who knows about LG? (average consumer)
26. lola99 (Posts: 31; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
Sprint customers do, b/c we have so little choice and they carry a fair number of LG relative to everything everything else.
42. Jillxz (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
The average consumer may know more than you are giving them credit for regarding Knowing about LG. Many regular consumers coming from a feature phone know quite a bit about the LG feature phones , which were quite popular and given good reviews by customers. So they are liable to just choose the same brand in a Smartphone. Not many regular users know about Samsung either. As they don't keep up with the tech world.
18. synot (Posts: 277; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
People dont always buy the phone they vote for in polls ,a lot of these people still end up buying the S4 when they arrived at the store.
19. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2712; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Funny that even though the G2 wins the poll, the S4 will sell more than double both of them combined.
22. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
its like that people may like rio,dubai,bangkok,singapore,delhi but when they asked to live in permanently they always choose new york and london because they offer very balanced overall facility just like s4.
people like wp8 and other phone like rio,delhi etc. but not buying them.
27. Sondae (Posts: 194; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
This is a surprise that LG G2 is on the top. Still i go for s4.
29. OGman (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
How is this a surprise? The G2 is superior in every way besides marketing power.
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
G2 only won because of the Snapdragon 800 and OIS.
49. pocketdrummer (Posts: 20; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
and because of the RGB sub-pixel LCD display. I can't stand pentile.
and because of the 3000mAh battery. I'll never carry around a spare battery. I'll forget it at home or lose it.
58. Jobayer (Posts: 152; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Also because of the superior surface area to screen area ratio , sammy doesn't even stand a chance with S4 in this field, maybe S5 looking forward to it . agreed with pocketdrummer.
31. poping (unregistered)
i like thin bezels... still s4 for me...
57. Jobayer (Posts: 152; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
LG 2 ,bows away S4 in teams of thin bezels .
33. epicandroid (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
S4!! only G2 comes close. The rest doesnt matter.
34. masonboy (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
I had the gs4 it is a decent phone but I prefer HTC ONE hands down. I don't care for the gs4 cheap build of plastic the phone itself is plain and ugly it has over saturated color. It has unnecessary features that most people would never use. Now the HTC has a gorgeous body with excellent color it's smooth and it runs fast. It's def more durable than the gs4 and the LG. LG is know for crappy phones so therefore would never by one. Hands down HTC is the best plain and simple.
35. masonboy (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
And just because the gs4 and iPhone have more sales doesn't make the phone better. It's all about name brand with most people. I look towards the build and quality of the phone which puts HTC ONE 1st place in my book.
36. AfterShock (Posts: 2968; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
One, would be my first choice, then G2 and then any other after that.
40. poping (unregistered)
there's a huge difference between voting and buying...
people might vote for g2 but would actually buy an s4 due more obvious reasons...
43. masonboy (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Correction people might vote for the gs4 an g2 but would actually buy an HTC ONE for obvious reasons...The BEST PHONE EVER! :)
50. pocketdrummer (Posts: 20; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Blinkfeed and that terrible camera killed it for me. If blinkfeed was either optional or better than flipboard, then the UI wouldn't be bad. But, forcing it on us is stupid.
Also, the Ultrapixel camera is a step backwards for HTC. The auto-focus is still crap, and white-balance is crap, and it takes worse pictures than the One X it replaced.
I'm going to put my phone in a case anyway, so I can care less if the body is made from aluminum.
52. masonboy (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
I never had a problem with the camera I think it's great but then again I'm not taking pictures every hour either lol. Or every day. I like blink feed but it's all opinions anyway. I mean every phone I've had including the gs4 I've always changed my stock to apex or nova for my own style anyway like most people do. I've had the one x it's a lot slower tho than the HTC ONE. The build is better and more durable.
44. bybgpaul26 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
The galaxy s 4 is the best phone hands down! I bought the htc dna with beats and the sound was low it did not have beats headphones or even stock headphones ! The galaxy sound was way better was it because I wasent using beats headphones? Well If I had to spend that kind of money to make the htc have beats sound then I could just buy them and use um on my s4 and it would probably sound just as good if not better ! Also I had to charge it three times a day over one time a day with my galaxy s4 I had the s3 before trying the htc and I brought it back within a week to get the s4 and love it!
51. DONUT (Posts: 307; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
am i the only who thinks polls like this are not good? i mean, every time a new flagship phone comes out, and if they conduct a poll, of course the new flagship phone wins. they should wait for the Note 3 and etc to come out and do a proper poll instead of comparing this brand new phone with the newest goodies to phones that arent all that anymore. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra SHOULD be on the list considering its specs are similar to the G2. #justsaying
53. masonboy (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
G2 and gs4 suck f!@? the Sony experia z it's a mid range phone. who cares if it's water proof lol HTC ONE still is the best
59. Jobayer (Posts: 152; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
ooooo ultar pixels crystal clear photos with narrow paper like bezels and is better because it taller then s4 :D
55. erickjasonyu (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Its all android, so they're asking which design
56. TMach (Posts: 387; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Of course, people say the LG G2! It is new and not even released yet! It is called novelty......Personally, I suddenly find I like having the option of 64gb additional memory which means the ability to expand memory has become key.......so Xperia Z to the front of the queue and then S4!