Poll results: Is the Galaxy Tab S Samsung's best tablet ever?
73.21% of those who voted (1,306 users) agree with Samsung, believing that the Galaxy Tab S is indeed the best tablet the company released thus far. 478 voters (26.79%) disagree, apparently thinking that the presence of an Exynos 5 Octa 5420 processor, or the lack of a stylus (found on the Note series) are some of the reasons why the Tab S isn’t Samsung’s greatest tablet.
Both Galaxy Tab S models - the 10.5-inch and the 8.4-inch one - sport Super AMOLED displays with 1600 x 2560 pixels, being the world’s first tablets to feature high-res AMOLED screens. Of course, the two slates offer more than just advanced displays, including 8 MP rear cameras, 3 GB of RAM, expandable storage space, fingerprint scanners, and Android 4.4 KitKat - all in ultra-thin packages.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and Tab S 8.4 are available in the US and other markets since June. The 10.5-inch model costs $499, while the smaller 8.4-inch one can be yours for $399.
1. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It surely is Samsung's best ... design and cosmetics.
With SuperAmoled and Exynos5433 octocore.
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I thought it came with the E5433?
It says E5420 here.....
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I sneak away just to play with the tablet at work lol. The screen is just absolutely breathtaking.
2. Randy_g (Posts: 20; Member since: 10 Jul 2014)
Well its only the best tablet because this website are full of Ifanboys and Sammy fanboys
11. maccess (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
No no.. Even sammy's hater will love this tablet when they see it in real life..
41. Ashoaib (Posts: 2283; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
so what if its plastic?... your tooth brush is also plastic, why not find metal tooth brush for you as you seems not liking plastic...
look at the display of tab s, do any other tablet offers such a stunning display?
14. na7noo7 (Posts: 263; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
True, I don't like Samsung but I think the Tab S is a great Tablet.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Correction: Nokia and Sony fanboys. The two herds are always in Apple and Samsung articles, just like you are right now. Ironic?
23. AlbertAribe (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)
Your a Shamesung fanboy, not me. Just saying that plastic and you need to accept that because I saw on your profile that your using Shamesung Galaxy Note 3 if I'm not mistaken.
28. tech2 (Posts: 2186; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Nice logic. Since he is using a Note 3 that makes him a Samsung fanboy.....smh
29. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 488; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
just look at his comments he is samsung fanboy. (like you )
31. tech2 (Posts: 2186; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
LOL.....do understand the meaning of the word 'fanboy' ? It is a person who chooses a product/side (in this case an OEM) without a logical explanation. Now I challenge you find me anyone one of my comment where I don't state a logical reasoning behind my point.
BTW, I've also spoken against Samsung and Google on several occassion but your biased eyes only sees what it wants to see and ignores the rest. That's not my problem.
Read comment 3 on this post:http://www.phonearena.com/news
Also comment 3 on this article:
34. fost4real (Posts: 27; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
my premium solid(metal) feel HTC One M7 dented badly when i dropped it. i regretted cos plastic would have been different.
37. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm using a HTC M8. Definitely a Samsung fanboy lol.
3. Busyboy (Posts: 346; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
That rush to comment first so you get more likes lol
4. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Is it bad I don't like this JUST because I dislike the shape of the home button D: :x
5. DONUT (Posts: 307; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
it isnt only Samsung's best, i personally think its the best android tablet
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The Nvidia K1 is, Android's best and powerful.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It makes any other tablet (besides iPad Air) worthless.
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3309; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
One thing that surprised me about the Galaxy Tab S was that in inverse text mode, i.e. light colored text on a black background, ebooks are actually quite readable.
The slight fuzziness of pentile for anti-aliased fonts is much harder to discern when text is on a dark/black background, making the text itself more legible.
Inverse text mode is also nicer to read at night as the entire screen is not lit up, like a normal tablet or Kindle paperwhite.
Now all Samsung has to do is convince Amazon and others to optimize their ebook viewers for inverse text mode. Unfortunately, this isn't too likely as there would be no compelling reason to buy a Kindle.
33. Krjal (Posts: 64; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
While I'm not a huge fan of TouchWiz (hate it actually) I do love the amoled screens and inverted colours for reading are great for saving battery life too.
I use it a lot on my tab 7.7 reading at night.
7. derivativex (Posts: 79; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
a better debate is it the best tablet right now? make that discussion happen PA hehe
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Almost everyone on the net. Take a step into reality and accept Samsung just made the best Android tablet in history.
30. Fishbowl (Posts: 14; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
The dude above you needs to grow up. Especially with the whole Shamesung and plastic=bad stuff he's been spewing. This tablet is great, but it definitely has its faults. Battery life is great when watching videos, but it is a juice sucker when you browse websites. Most egregious is Samsung's money-saving decision to use their Exynos 5420 processor in the Wi-Fi models. The Mali GPU just isn't suited for the high res screen. Users have said they experience more stutters on this tablet compared to the Tab pro 8.4, even with the extra gig of ram it sports. They should have used the S800 or waited for the S805.
That said, the AMOLED screen is gorgeous and I love how thin/light it is.
16. Totse2k15 (Posts: 272; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Imo, Tab S 10.5 is the best Android tablet atm. Sammy best tablet atm, too.
24. realjjj (Posts: 112; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
It's a horrible tablet,it really is.
If It was 250$ ,then it would be a great tablet but at 400$ it's huge ripoff.
26. maccess (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
Lol.. Yeah then you get an lcd screen , an s4pro with 320 adreno and 2Gb of ram.. Sounds like nexus 7 2013 right?? Lol.. This one beats the nexus 7 2013..
35. gigaraga (Posts: 1218; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
How much more battery do you want? If you read GSMArena reviews they say record their battery life on the higher end of the spectrum...close to iPad. So iPad has disappointing battery life too?
27. Federated (Posts: 239; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
Battery is a major disappointment in my opinion. I held it and it feels cheap compared to Sony Z2 tablet or Nokia Lumia 2520.
32. skyline88 (Posts: 330; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
best Samsung tablet? yes of course, but i'd take the Note Pro anytime.
best Android tablet? yes, but barely.
best tablet in the world? sorry, dont think so.
36. GreekGeek (Posts: 843; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Hardly the best Android tablet because it has an SoC that is weaker than a jurassic Snapdragon 800.
Display is just one part of the equation.
Price/Performance king still goes to the Tab Pro 8.4
38. Sid91 (Posts: 82; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Just bought 8.4 tab S yesterday, i sold my ipad air and got this with lte network, I never liked android tablets (Phones are awesome) before but this is brilliant so far it looks and feels premium,especially the official leather book cover, the software is designed for tablets and in my opinion a home run and is more comfortable, the only complain I have is the battery isnt as good and the book reader apps are not on par with the ibook app of ipad.
39. tiara6918 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I just wish they had a 12" version like the note/tab pro editions