Poll results: How often do you use the S Pen stylus of your Galaxy Note 3?
0. phoneArena 10 Mar 2014, 09:53 posted on
More than a third of the respondents have barely taken the stylus out of its silo for anything more than showing off in front of friends and family. Last year, just 22% said they've left the stylus gather dust in the silo for the most part. Still, over 40% are using the S Pen every now and then in both cases, which bodes well for the future representatives of the Note line...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4336; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Believe it or not, I use the S-Pen here and there, but definitely more than I thought I would use... lol
The more I use it the more handy it becomes... It's actually fantastic.
6. maherk (Posts: 1117; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Most of those who voted No don't even own a Note phone, they voted to backup their future arguments that the S-pen is useless.
8. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4336; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You are SO right. lolololololololololololololololol
9. elitewolverine (Posts: 1937; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
meh i just dont use it that much. Granted my note 3 sees limited use anyways, but it is far from a 'must' have for me.
On a 8" or 12" etc tablet, maybe, but i can type faster than i write on the spen.
I can see its usefulness however for apps that would benefit from it, like photo touch up is much nicer with a pen.
14. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
You're completely right, but there is another side of the coin and that is those who dont have it but they are Samsung lovers, so they vote in its favor.
P.S: I didn't vote because I don't have Note3, peace.
24. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1012; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
lol so people that don't have the note and don't like it will vote no definitely
but people that don;t have one and want one won't vote yes
not a very strong argument
ps didn't vote either !
27. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Finally .. someone who speaks english.!
Ladies and gentlemen... the wise has spoken.!
30. Furbal (Posts: 387; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
use it everday (work) on my 10.1 2014 edition, never used it on my note 3 when I had it.
2. LGisgood (Posts: 465; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
NOT THAT SO IMPORTANT!
I 'LL RATHER TO CHOOSE LG G PRO 2 FOR HAVING AN OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZER(O.I.S.) THAN NOTE3'S S PEN.
3. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 400; Member since: 24 May 2011)
why are you shouting? chill, life's good.
4. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4336; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey man it's all personal taste.
Remember the Galaxy Note 3 came out BEFORE the LG G Pro 2. Whomever wanted the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 probably already got it by now. Now If I were on the market for a phablet, my only 2 choices would be the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & the LG G Pro 2.
If you want the ULTIMATE in productivity the Note 3 wins (S-Pen can do amazing things)... If you want EPIC photo's the LG G Pro 2 wins...
See it's all PERSONAL choice...
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
If I had the extra money laying around I would have bought a Note 3 a long time ago, the G Pro 2 just isn't up to par with other announcements as of late.
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4336; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah bit that 5.9 inch screen & that camera are FREAKING EPIC...
10. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4336; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
**BUT** I swipe too fast. lol
17. ePoch270 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
You wouldn't have made that mistake if you had used a Note 3 with its stylus!
25. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
What up SAE! You ever try to go from a swipe capable device to one that isn't? it feels kinda like going from a motorcycle to a bike, no disrespect to those of you with those devices. But it really is true what they say, "Once you start swiping, you really hate typing". (Totally made that sh!t up, it sounded good in my head.)
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 2137; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Wonder how many non-users voted just to mess with the poll.
12. AfterShock (Posts: 2900; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I certainly didn't.
I find this interesting an look forward to how far note goes with it in the future as well.
13. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3597; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol look 2825 voters(trolls) i bet most of them are samsung/android haters or the moro*nic lumia fans with their sh@ty 1520. If the poll doesnt have any relation to you and your device dont vote.
15. elitewolverine (Posts: 1937; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
And yet completely ignore how many people that dont have the device, and voted yes because they think they would use such a feature.
What we have here is a common droid worrier
23. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
This guy is constantly coming to WP article's bashing, and speaking negatively, about WP... Look at his attitude.. Heck, look at his profile picture... Probably not someone who had a proper....
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
So, you're actually calling someone a troll!
What exactly is it you do on a lot of WP articles?..... I know you're not calling someone a troll..
look at your comment above.. Doesn't sound like someone who respect's others platforms of choice, and even Android fans can see that you're a hatter... "Moronic Lumia fans and their $hiti 1520".... Yeah, that doesn't sound like a troll.....
Go ahead, troll yourself out of this one...
16. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 529; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I haven't used the S Pen on my Notes a lot in the past, but it sure is handy when I do need it.
Go Note, or go home.
20. decent4u (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Even by IGNORING the people who do not own the NOTE and the TROLLS there are almost 65% people who use the S Pen.
I think the S pen only became useful with the Note 3.
26. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I think many people don't realize how handy it is because they don't make an effort to use it. Some even forget it's there. I love it for texting, typing emails, playing games, etc, etc. It's not for everyone, but it really is a standout feature for many of us and at this point I can't see myself buying another device unless it has an integrated stylus. You other manufactures had better start thinking about including them with all of your Note competitors.
29. Tazer2365 (Posts: 44; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Remember what Steve Jobs once said at the iPhone unveiling in 2007, " a stylus? Who needs a stylus? You put it in and then pull it out and then you lose them. Yuck."
31. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
even the people who use it the most were like meh i use it here and there, so all of the people who flip crap over a damn stylus can just go jump off a cliff. It's no innovative the DS gameboys have had them since day 1 and they rarely get used. It's a nice thing to have, but to need it so operate? Hardly
33. anleoflippy (Posts: 313; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I'm not gonna vote because I don't own any Note series since the first generation.
I can imagined someone who is constantly moving such as someone who is travelling for work uses the S-Pen a lot for better work management.
34. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 91; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I have a business and I take Paypal Here credit card and I use the S pen for customer to sign the screen and enter their email info to get a receipt and it looks high tech, I love it.