Poll results: HTC One M8 Duo Camera - useful innovation or a gimmick?
0. phoneArena 31 Mar 2014, 03:06 posted on
We asked you last week whether you consider the new Duo Camera set on the HTC One M8 an innovation for the sake of it, or something truly practical, whose effects you would be using on a regular basis. It turns out that more than half of the 2241 respondents (56%) would prefer that HTC went with a larger camera resolution, or kept the OIS technology from the One, instead of inventing the Duo Camera module...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. damokles (unregistered)
It doesn't look thaaaaat bad at all. I miss the sharpness a lil bit, but otherwise it's a alright quality.
14. vincelongman (Posts: 2326; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Personally, I would have much preferred OIS over Duo camera
22. damokles (unregistered)
totally agree, even though I take more pictures than recording videos :x
2. mr.techdude (Posts: 568; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Nothing beats hardware functionality compared to software, so cut it out guys.
21. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Check out L925 blurring effect (which is software) compared to HTC One M8.. guess who wins?
4. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
But this camera is most amazing camera in case of option s and great focos ability..
Maybe 8mp becomes this camera to real monster.
5. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
that stupid dual cam for focus? it cant even get close to 20cm distance for close-up shots.
17. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
yes. im serious.
source is on phonedog.com comparison video.
9. mr.techdude (Posts: 568; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
You don't even have the device first of all to even talk soo confidentlly, or r u being paid from Sammy.
16. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
. go check phonedog.com comparison against nokia refocus app and this htc dual lens mr."tech"dude.
18. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
and i'd rather get paid or get free phones by nokia than samdung.
6. GMS85 (Posts: 162; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
You guys need to check this out
8. mr.techdude (Posts: 568; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Thank you, atleast it gives some interest for the BIG megapixels worshippers. I always had faith in HTC.
15. vincelongman (Posts: 2326; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The HTC M8 is capable of f1.8
At f1.8 the blu effect should happen naturally
I don't see why HTC added another camera and their software effects
it make the blu effect a bit too strong IMO
29. vviicckkyy05 (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Mar 2014)
That's a great set of samples.. Love It..
10. gigaraga (Posts: 1416; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The camera duo has faster autofocus? It's just like what the Samsung Galaxy S5 has isn't it?
19. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
they have different methods to get faster focus.
11. SamsungELITE (unregistered)
another gimmick from HTC haha
20. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
im waiting for a third camera on the back :D
30. Ashoaib (Posts: 2641; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Thats not bad... 3rd 4th 5th camera, all have different fields of focus and then joined together by software algorithm to give one perfect shot in which all corners will be perfectly focused... no object in the picture will blur out then...
31. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
lol this comment. why not just use an edof camera
24. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Says the fanboy of the master of Gimmicks. At least the 'gimmicks' HTC has are actually useful unlike Samsuck.
28. SamsungELITE (unregistered)
ooohhhhh noob spotted
12. GreekGeek (Posts: 909; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
HTC's stubbornness to stick with the 4 MP is beyond me......Plus the Lytro thing ugh, it looks atrociously fake
26. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
And your daftness that higher megapixels mean better images is beyond me. Megapixels don't matter. And the Lyrto thing is awesome. And doesn't look fake. You are just a daft basher.
13. skyline88 (Posts: 376; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
same gimmick like the UltraPixel, promised great photos, great amount of lights, but totally hopeless during daytime. after the Desire HD, there's no more faith in HTC anymore.
27. zachattack (Posts: 616; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
No phone camera gets professional results, and this poll is the dumbest s**t i've ever seen. An excuse to further bash HTC for using an 4ultrapixel camera which funny enough can easily compete and do better than the current flagship cameras. Phone Arena you disgust me with crap like this. I tested the phone at my verizon store and the photos came out brilliant. Whoever uses their phones for professional photography is using their damn phone wrong.