Poll results: Do you like the iPhone 5's alleged new design?
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 11:22 posted on
We asked you yesterday if you like the alleged new design of the iPhone 5. You know, that prototype that's been leaking all over the place. Well, in short, you said...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
If you don't like apple, it's your responsibility to not to click on apple news
18. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
thats all there is on this place have to read something
25. Commentator (Posts: 2606; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
...Then don't come to the site? This is Apple's day, let them have their fun.
31. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its apple's day. expect it to be like this for at least the next 48 hrs. the same thing happens when samsung releases a new product.
27. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Iagree,,, its nothing new,, just a stretch iPhone 4/4s .. -,- nothing new...
33. Sprintfan (Posts: 68; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Not an Iphan but you could say the same for the galaxy 2 and galaxy 3. Eventualy the technology is going to slow down next year.
37. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea.... no its not. There are major advancements coming out in the next 2-3 years. Just because Apple doesnt push the envelope doesnt mean the computer/phone industry is slowing down.
Its quite the opposite, its taking off.
5. Captain_Doug (Posts: 833; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I looked at it the other day, not really a fan. I like the idea they were going for but it was a bit thick and had a lot of bezel. Seemed like a much larger phone but it's only a 4.3" screen. If they upped the screen or slimmed the device, might be worth another look.
10. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Just wish they would give us reliable release info on the 920. I will be purchasing one for a family member as soon as it is actually out.
Assuming it is on Verizon. Sigh.
32. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well if u add mechanical hardware to stablize image things will get bigger and heavier i am not wrong floating lens contains spring to stablisze with some mechanicla stuff in it and it is 4.5inches the other one is 4.3 inches
38. Captain_Doug (Posts: 833; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
i saw the 4.5" screen spec after i posted and was too lazy to change my post. my bad.
15. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
sure i liked the Lumia 920 , but tonight is iFan's night . Dont ruin their night . I
6. Savage (unregistered)
People are trolling. Lol. More can't turn me on votes! Hahahaha.
Well' its true.
7. drazyw (unregistered)
Nothing against Apple but it just feels old and tired.
8. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the coolest looking feature on the entire phone is the speaker grill on the bottom lol.
12. andromede (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
yeah ofcourse the lumia 920 is the best this year ! even if i have SGS II !
14. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
GS2 is a year old outdated phone
22. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
You are literally comparing a phone released a year ago with a phone that hasnt been released ?
17. Aeires (unregistered)
I like the back of the all black version because it's sleek looking and flat, hate when phones wobble when sitting on the desk, usually from huge camera bumps. The speaker grating looks cool and I've always liked the round volume buttons.
What I've never been a fan of is the clunker home button. Nothing says grade school like a big "click me" button. IMO it contradicts the technical feel they are trying to achieve with the rest of the phone. It's also a waste of surface area, make an oval capacitive button and recover several millimeters that can go into the screen instead.
20. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Personally and Allegedly, iAm keeping my iPhone 4 because this new design is ghAstly iTell you, ghAstly! Besides, my iPhone 4 has practically the same hardware it's just an ⅛ of an inch smaller.
24. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
so outdated and boring, even the display are lame. Can't beat Samsung latest AMOLEDs. Time for Nokia and Htc to shine this time with there upcoming models.
26. luxzy801 (Posts: 138; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
Not feelin the two tone back at all, plus, it looks like its a fingerprint magnet. Nice shot at trying something new, but personally, I think they missed on this one (Especially with phones like the SGS3, HTC One series and the Lumia and ATIV phones out on the bench ready to come into the game)
28. Lyngdoh (Posts: 226; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Just stretching the phone does'nt give it a new design. Its still the same design. Just stretch iphone.
29. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I think a white version will look a lot nicer...
30. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Can someone Tell me why this artile is a lie or is it me who cant find "NEW" design in that phone :( which it was polled for
34. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Are you serios? iSnore 5 looks exactly the same just different body aka case thats taller and a different color. Told all you apple lovers the phone was going to be garbage compared to everything else.smh apple we phone arena users could have designed a better phone
35. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6881; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why would anyone want a P.O.S. crappy iPhone that looks the same? same crappy home screen since the original iPhone
36. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6881; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Umm NO it only lost a inch off it's fat bezel body everything else still the same stop posting B.S. articles
39. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1236; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
this is posted after the Iphone 5 debut and I think the design of the iphone 5 is a design
that is an Evolution of the Old designs that conform to previous Apple design patents to some degree. it's great improvements are 9 by 16 hdtv screen, 4 inch retina screen,
and it is thinner than previous iphones, Metal back, new modern I/O connector. I think Apples Iphone 6 smart phone case will be a radical departure from this design because Apple designers should not stay fixed on this design even though it is a tried and true design All in all the Iphone 5 design may de a bit dated but this is a very good smart phone. I am a Nokia 920 fan. I do not knock Apple or Android products. Folks as they say different strokes for different folks. Apple fans will enjoy the Iphone 5
40. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1236; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I might add now that the iphone 5 is here Samsung and others know what not to Copy!