Poll results: Are Samsung's Galaxy Note II and its magic S Pen real innovation or a gimmick?
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2012, 03:17 posted on
Last week, we were swamped with events, new features and products, but even after all the hype is gone, the Samsung Galaxy Note II phablet, with its distinct…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It is true innoovation they made stylus cool and useful. iPin coming soon we patent the shape of pins
18. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I dunno but judging by the two thumbs down you got, some people thinks a smaller-pin dock connector is much more innovative than s-pen.lol! But don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you.
36. DonkeySauce (Posts: 174; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
It can't be real innovation if it wasn't made by Apple - (sarcasm)
2. D.Aceveda (Posts: 366; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
It makes playing Draw Something so much better
3. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
makes it a hell lot easier to take quick notes... i like it!!
4. BobleDom (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
With this result, we can concluded that PhoneArena is full of fandroids. It's just a stylus. There's no new innovation or special. Pathetic
6. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
those 1081 votes are not from phonearena..lol...you have lots of things to learn baby!!
10. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
i m not a newbie here.....using phonearena for more than a year....i know you are new to this site...don't show it off okay?.....
12. E.A.David (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Look at the post on 4th September. PhoneArena post up the poll. There's a lot of readers reading PhoneArena as well
32. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
its not juts a stylus, bu I guess you may never actually understand
34. fervid (Posts: 183; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Yes, round corners is so much more cutting edge technology...what was I thinking loving my spen and how it makes my life 10x easier than any phone I've ever owned or used.
5. tedkord (Posts: 6512; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's innovative because it does more than a stylus.
7. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Well, it is a Samsung. Better say something nice or nothing. So...nothing:)
9. BobleDom (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Samsung has now officially turned Samsung users into mindless sheep. It's the circle of idiocy.
11. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
with this result, all the samsung haters are f*cked off.....
15. darkvadervip (Posts: 358; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I thought the HTC flyer starter with the S pen first
19. Gaytor (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
In Bangladesh ( a country bordering India ) and an absolute fan of the Note. I always wanted a phone that size. Love the stylus and in moments of high stress when i dont feel like using the finger in tight corners, the stylus does it! Apple sucks becaise of the Apple ID requirement and the need to go ituning and give credit number, learn to how tp do itune without credit card which. why cant they just simply allow free download without credit number? Dumb control freaks. 1 month and the ipad lies around unused ofcourse having the glorious Note just makes ipad redundant because Note rulz!
20. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Whether it's samsung's gimmick or innovation with the note 2, it's better than being cheated with fake photos and videos. Right nokia?
24. E.A.David (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Better than false advertising.
S beam doesn't work at all
21. Savage (unregistered)
A simple stylus would be a plastic stick with no other function than tapping on the screen. Apple made stylus phones useless in 2007, Samsung made them useful again. They redesigned it, made it usable and it is more functional than a plastic stick. So yes, it is innovative.
30. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
If it was iPen, it would have been innovative but unfortunately it is called S Pen so...it's gimmick. Righ, Apple?
31. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
I applaud Samsung for innovative products and bringing services and happiness to it's android lineup. In my world Samsung is android and there no product on the market better period. I own the current Galaxy S3 had the Galaxy Nexus and will getting the Galaxy Note 2 when launched on Tmobile day one. Software wise nobody beats Samsung. They push innovation 2gb of ram, pop up player, smart stay dam it's endless what the Galaxy lines are capable of. Apple wish they could provide this much innovative solutions to it flock of uneducated simpleton's who have no knowledge of technology.
33. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
@ BobleDom. LMAO.. OK.. I used iJunk before, in the way of the 3g and then the 4.. Big Fruity hasn't innovated since the 1st incarnation of the iPhoney, stolen tech from others. Big Fruity will have its major win tossed out. You can't patent a square with rounded corners. You can't patent a rectangle with rounded corners. Sorry Boble.
I am a HAPPY Fandroid. Why? Because I can control MY user interface, complete customization without having to jailbreak my phone to get to do what I want it to do. Big Fruity controls your A: Apps you can use. B: You phone is property of Big Fruity. After all THEY own every piece of content YOU buy.. Don't believe me, just ask John McClane. "Yippee-ki-yay" .. Big Fruity will be TOAST when He does with them!
35. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
If you have used a Wacom tablet before, this is innovation -- many years ago. Samsung's just fast enough to team-up with Wacom to come up with the integrated stylus in the smartphone arms race..
41. Myrith (Posts: 55; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Yeah, I agree. The pen itself isn't innovation since the technology's been around for ages, and the "hover" concept isn't new. And, Wacom-enabled tablet PCs have been available for years.
I do applaud Samsung for putting it with a phone and breathing a new life into the technology, though. Now that the Note's so popular, they've probably also encouraged some competition so that we can have more product choices now. I've been waiting for more Wacom-based products to come out.
37. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I don't know... stylus has been around for so long... can't really see it as an innovation. The phone itself is more of an innovation.
38. alan_1230 (Posts: 81; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
Way better the Apple so to be called innovations !
39. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 537; Member since: 20 May 2012)
iPeeps shouldn't be allowed to vote. Same for southern people.
40. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I used imate jam (HTC Phone basically branded as IMATE) a Windows based phone that had stylus way back in 2005/2006. Nothing new or innovative about this. So stylus is not innovation ... it's at best reincarnation :)
42. Kite09 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Gotta say its definitley 10x more innovative than anything Apple has released since the 3gs.