To illustrate that point, we rounded up all the current 2014-crop minis last week, and asked you last week which one would you pick, if you had to choose. Needless to say, more than half of our 2092 of our respondents picked the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact as the best "mini" version to get right now, as the phone indeed offers a no-compromise approach to shrinking the Z1 flagship - it sports almost the same specs, but in a body fit for a 4.3" display, which is much more manageable in your hand than the flagship, which should be the whole point with the "mini" craze. Despite that the Galaxy S5 mini specs are nowhere near the flagship S5, it still scored a distant second in our poll, proving that the flagship naming scheme of Samsung is working. There's an important caveat here, however, as the second place actually went for the yet-announced G3 or Z2 mini handsets, so the scales might tip in their favor for the second place in the end.
- 2014 'mini' flagship versions roundup: which one would you get?
- Samsung Galaxy S5 mini 12.57% (263 votes) (263 votes)
- Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 52.29% (1094 votes) (1094 votes)
- HTC One mini 2 11.81% (247 votes) (247 votes)
- LG G2 mini 2.72% (57 votes) (57 votes)
- Huawei Ascend P7 mini 0.43% (9 votes) (9 votes)
- Oppo Find 7 mini 0.76% (16 votes) (16 votes)
- ZTE Nubia Z5s mini 3.44% (72 votes) (72 votes)
- I'll wait on the eventual G3 mini and Z2 mini, and then make up my mind 15.97% (334 votes) (334 votes)