Poll: does customization get you excited for the Moto X?
- Does customization get you excited for the Moto X?
592 votes (592 votes) Yes, but only if I can customize EVERYTHING
687 votes (687 votes) Yes, any customization is good
61 votes (61 votes) No, I don't want too many choices
124 votes (124 votes) No, nothing Motorola announces would excite me
1. Yubnub (Posts: 100; Member since: 23 May 2013)
No, nothing Motorola announces would excite me
3. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
It's not existing any of us bad species we all ways change the rom and kernels and stock apps its not a big deal
21. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
4.6" 720p S-AMOLED
1.7Ghz Snapdragon 600
8mm Kevlar body
Android 4.3...or 5.
That doesn't sound enticing enough?
22. Commentator (Posts: 2399; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
...Sounds kind of like a Galaxy S 4 with a lower-res screen and better build quality. No offense, but that doesn't sound enticing to me at all either.
23. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Right, you got something S4-ish so it's not cool enough. You expect something better right? Well sorry, but you won't get something totally out of the box. The current situation won't let you. That's where the current competition of hardware war has led our mind to think.
Unless this thing comes with a gigantic 6+ screen, 1080p, snapdragon 800...people will never be satisfied or simply enticed.
But my point is the fact that customizing the X phone to anything i want, so far as the rumors go, is an edge higher than anything right now.
24. Commentator (Posts: 2399; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That's why it's not coming out RIGHT NOW. That doesn't mean I can't dream larger, right?
Why does everyone on this site have to be such a boring realist?
25. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Lol, i'm not stopping you from anything man. I'm just making a point...
28. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 633; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
It will be available in around $250-$320. And that something kinda Galaxy S4 will be pretty exciting for the people who cant afford S4. Isnt it?
2. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Nope...it's an uber-geek thing, a niche...I'm not a niche person
18. unbiasedcommenter (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
You wouldn't come to a tech blog and comment multiple times a day if you weren't an 'uber-geek'.
4. Commentator (Posts: 2399; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Everything or nothing. If I can choose the internals, screen resolution, etc. then this is a major step (somewhere, not necessarily "forward") for the smartphone industry. If they only let me choose the screen size/color of the phone then I couldn't care less.
5. evarod48 (Posts: 137; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
if they let me choose the release date, that would be pretty cool
6. RudioX (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
The only thing i would want is the be able to choose the real Google experience nexus OS, dual boot or something similar!
7. PK1983 (Posts: 171; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
How about a way to control NSA/govt. spying on you.
Level 0- No spying
Level 1- Minimum spying.
Level 2- TSA style
Level 3- Gitmo style
Level 4- Satellite dish in butt.
8. bootroot (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
2 size of batteries
2 materials for back ( Kevlar or aluminum )
2 assignable buttons ( could be Photo / video / light / call ..)
Sold with 4 sheet of printable decals
9. Deadeye37 (Posts: 78; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Can I customize which carrier I can use this on? Thats the customization that I'm most interested in.
10. mas11 (Posts: 1028; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I care more about the hardware than the customization.
12. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yes hardware would be great nice quad core hopefully intel based or do we know what cpu is backing the x phone. the ability to buy double size battery with proper battery protection expand sd support to 128gb and 4gb ram because linux and android should be able to support it.
13. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
dont forget to keep mini hdmi which has been a great addon to the moto brand.
14. lyndon420 (Posts: 1735; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Never had a Moto device so I don't know if I should be excited about their hardware or not. I'm more anxious to see what Google does with them and where it will go from there.
15. GoBears (Posts: 346; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I'd be so much more thrilled with an unlocked bootloader. There are so many talented devs that take care of my customization needs.
16. papss (unregistered)
I want a phone with all motos tech built in.. I hope the specs that were rumored are not true
17. StreetNerd (Posts: 705; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
i remember when Nokia introduced the Lumia 800, Americans were tweeting like "Nokia? do they still excist?"
but to us EU, we have the same bout Moto :') it was like 10 years ago i saw a Moto device xD
26. Whateverman (Posts: 3196; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I really want to be excited, but Moto has been a serious let down as of late. I hope this is a new beginning.
27. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
If i can customise the hardware like screen size, resolution, battery, processor,os and camera that would be great..
Like 5inch qHD amoled screen, 4core processor, 5 mp camera, 3000mah battery and stock android.
29. Sniggly (Posts: 6991; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Any level of customization is cool. If the phone is strong enough to handle being out of a case, I think people will like being able to personalize their phones, especially the color. All the time I get asked of phones like the Droid DNA and such, "Does it come in any other color?"
I mean, extreme customization works for cars, why not phones? Look at the Mini Cooper. There are almost literally no two which are completely alike.
30. JMartin22 (limited) (Posts: 973; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I'm so-so on this issue. I see hardware customisation as a way for manufactures to nickel and dime you more of your money, while not a guarantee that you'll have the best hardware for a whole year.