Poll: Which iPad would you get and why?
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2013, 15:00 posted on
Alright, alright, alright, settle down! Yes, the new iPads are now a reality, and the holidays can’t get here faster...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
39. takeja (Posts: 35; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Why? In compare to multi user environment with moving objects on desktop with a smooth, fast, simple, cheap and great inbuilt quality nexus 7 is an iPad a tricycle
Don't waste time with an outdated iConboard
Buy a device with the biggest app market and freedom without security issues when installing just from play market
14. quakan (Posts: 1357; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Glad that wasn't an option. Trolls would've messed up the accuracy of the poll.
16. sorcio46 (Posts: 435; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
So if don't like Apple products, I am automatically a troll, dude WTF?
18. quakan (Posts: 1357; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Didn't say that, but we all know the trolls would've sabotaged the poll so it would look like no in the world wants an iPad.
25. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Its not sabotaging the poll if your only giving youre opinion. (That is unless you vote an excessive amount of times.)
34. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
It is sabotaging a poll asking which iPad you would get if you give an option of "neither". It isn't a poll asking what tablet you would get, it's asking which iPad you would get if you got one of the new iPads. Obviously plenty of people would get different tablets.
And he was saying there are so many trolls that they would sway the polls in that direction, not that one troll is voting again and again.
5. bfuller2006 (Posts: 58; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
well to replace my ipad 3 32GB from VZW think i may just get the Air Wifi in 32 or 64GB
6. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
Nexus 7 2013 for me please. Still, I currently have the N7 2012, I think I'll just wait.
35. Finalflash (Posts: 2779; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
The 2013 one is so much better in almost every way. The bugs have mostly been sorted by now too. I replaced my 2012 with the 2013 and sold the iPad mini I bought as well (though that was just to try it out). Might get the mini 2, but there isn't really a compelling reason to get it compared to the nexus 7 now. Costs too much (400 plus tax) and then you have to get a case for it too, otherwise it'll go to hell in a month (never had to for either nexus 7).
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 19801; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Mini2, I already have an iPad 3 for full size.
21. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Ha! I saw both your profile pics without reading your names, and for a second I thought apple4never was agreeing with his own comment!
27. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
this guy keeps messing me up lol, id scroll past the comments, see his pic and be like, i never said that !
9. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Seriously, i'm impressed with the design but not to be amazed of it. Common apple, what's a matter with you. Where's the innovation?
10. PhoneCritic (Posts: 672; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Waiting for the next Nexus 10 by Asus. But, if I had to choose a iPad it would be the min-because of price. The same specs but cheaper 7.9 vs 9.7 no big deal.
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
iPad mini 2. There's really no reason to get the Air, it's all the same specs, but the mini actually has a higher pixel density. The display isn't so much smaller that it would drastically affect your usage.
12. Arsen (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
NONE OF THE ABOVE.
Im no troll btw. My old iPad 2 still works fine for me so no upgrade for me.
13. Esteban4u (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
Too bad there was a "None" option. IOS is too restrictive. I would say IOS is controlled and restrictive as a cell phone / tablet OS as Verizon is to Android devices. I'm looking forward to leaving Verizon to get a Google Nexus 5.
15. quakan (Posts: 1357; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
The "none" option was not participating in the poll.
22. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
There should be a option for NONE
23. hmd74 (Posts: 476; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
He he he! Only 319 votes! LMFAO
Only 319 people who visit PA are buying iPads!!!
24. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Considering that the user-base here has always been vastly Android-biased, I'm surprised it's not lower than that.
28. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Considering the user base of iPhones is largely comprised of people who aren't nerds, geeks, or technology lovers like ourselves that isn't a surprise. I won't say that every Android user follows technology news, but I feel like more Android users do so than iPhone users.
30. joey_sfb (Posts: 5358; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
My colleague has been asking us on the IT dept. I always ask them to hold for the iPad mini 2.
They should be happy now. You are right there are mostly non-geek that love Apple. Geek will find iOS to be boring.
I just overclock my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 feel like a new tablet now....
26. runzlord (Posts: 223; Member since: 13 Oct 2013)
The mini would be a great companion to my yoga! But i hate ristriction, sorry ios! I cant buy you
29. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
New iPads got awesome design, sadly ios7 brings'em down...still 5 years to go until next UI revamp and I've got already headaches every time I see an i-device hands on video.
Tastes... I prefer my 3D tornado with icons that are blown away from it!
31. androidswagg (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
There should be a third optoin that says " i don't care"
32. JunitoNH (Posts: 1613; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
If you didn't, wouldn't be reading article.
33. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2250; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Will replace my iPad 3rd gen, for Lumia 2520
36. luigi0824 (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Too much apple hatred and lumia trolls here! We all know that ios is better that windows rt(real trash) I'm an android user
37. Dastrix (unregistered)
38. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I wonder how many people would still pick a Nexus 7 2013 over a ipad mini 2 if the price was the same? That would be an interesting poll. And how much would you be willing to pay for a mini 2 over a nexus 7 2013? Price being the same I would go for the iPad mini 2 without any reservations.
40. Esteban4u (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
Your statement lacks any technical merit. I work in IT and I can tell you from what I've seen in corporate IT environments, that IT workers and people who are more tech savvy tend to prefer Android devices simply because it isn't as dumbed-down as IOS is and it's also less restrictive, allowing users to access parts of the OS like the file system which gives the Android OS more of a computer-like feel as opposed to a consumer-like device like iPhones and iPads. There's better multitasking, apps can actually share data between each other in the background, better notifications and there's more sharing/exporting options for your data to external services. Some of these features have only recently been added to IOS 7, but with limited functionality/not as good an implementation. I totally understand the appeal of IOS devices, especially since the overwhelming majority of smartphone users aren't as technically savvy, ...yet.