Police in Cambridgeshire switching from BlackBerry to Windows Phone
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 04:26 posted on
It's not just large corporations and governmental agencies that are dropping BlackBerry. In the U.K., the Cambridgeshire Constabulary is getting ready to replace the fleet of 4000 BlackBerry handsets it uses, with 8000 Windows Phone units. The reason for the switch is apparently the improvements in security found on Windows Phone 8.1. MDM manufacturers have been working hard to support Windows Phone 8.1, and even BES will soon support Windows Phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
37. arenanew (Posts: 251; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
android is hang mobile . i chose andriod but replace all google service like map , search and youtube becoz its drain baterry fast and no use . window is fast and secure never hang personally iam using lumia 610
10. tech2 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Good thing they didn't for Android or ios as it would've distracted police officer's attention on so many awesome gamezzz and appzz.
15. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
To bad gaming on mobile is sh!t and that apps have been coming.. nice try though
23. joey_sfb (Posts: 4983; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Agreed. Only WP phones are getting are the sh!t games and apps.
24. sip1995 (Posts: 1503; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
So GTA Sab Andreas is a sh!t game, right ?
55. joey_sfb (Posts: 4983; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Ask billgates. I playing order and chso online now. And its great for me.
26. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
No mobile games in general are sh! T.. I'm laughing at you if you are using that as a pro for android
35. tech2 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Only graphical games on mobile are 'sh!t' not all. If what you're saying were true then games wouldn't have been the most profitable section of the app stores.
Games like flappy birds, candy crush, quiz up and several other card and puzzle games have no significant benefit by playing on a big screen.
Such games are for people who just want to do casual gaming when they've free spare minutes and don't want to whip out a 7-incher out in a public (-that's what she said)
45. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Again, games on phones are sh!t period. Touch screens are no good for any game period. Telling yourself otherwise is laughable at best
47. tech2 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Sales figures of these touch screens based games say otherwise.
Some of them like flappy birds were earning $50k a day ! Not to mention its free so just in advertisements its that figure.
80. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Since when do sales equal great? Those games all play on the basic flaw we as humans have... addiction for progress. They offer nothing more and yes they are all sh! T
56. joey_sfb (Posts: 4983; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You must be an old man. Touch screen game play is the future. Ask Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft how's their wii u, ps4 and xbox one sales.
Even PC games is in the decline. Anyway I played in all platforms.
79. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Lol no I'm no old man. Tell me, what is the most important thing about a game besides the fun factor? Game play and how is that touch screen gameplay? Responsive? Nope. Good feedback? Nope..
19. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Yes, they would play dress up and cooking games while on duty on their Androids and iPhones,
29. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1926; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Not to mention, the security issues.
17. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
The business I work for has recently switched from Blackberry to Windows Phone. The vast majority are Lumia 520s I believe, although I have seen some 625s too.
48. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
WIndows Phone also offers that, along with a few more nifty features and apps.
34. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Yeah cause Google never bribed anyone I'm sure. get off your Google juice you're drunk
36. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
And the award for the most dumbest comment goes to... wax33! Congratulations!
38. jojon (Posts: 304; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
A massive Gov and commercial market awaits Nokia WP, not just England, but world wide. They have the stepping stone range and the OS and now even WP tablets, the ideal companion for their Nokia phones. With the slow and painful demise of BB, where else is this monster market going?.. not to Android or IOS, for different reasons, and certainly not because they are poor phones. Imagine the hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of Gov and commercial users that will now use WP on a daily basis regardless of what they own privately. It is fair to say many or most will love them, and convert privately to the WP. This is a stunning marketing strategy by Microsoft to position themselves as they have, to pursue this massive market segment that is slowly opening up before them
66. meanestgenius (Posts: 7867; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Microsoft is going to have a REALLY TOUGH TIME trying to get governments to convert from BlackBerry to WP, let alone wrest control of the mobile enterprise market from BlackBerry. Not only does BlackBerry command over 60% of enterprise, but it has 16 out of 20 G20 governments as customers. The main reason? BlackBerry is deemed more SECURE. And to prove how things are moving in a positive direction in enterprise for BlackBerry: they just added over ONE MILLION BES licences. That's HUGE. MS is good, perhaps better than the rest when it comes to security, but they are not better than BlackBerry.
53. slaggyb (Posts: 201; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This cops ain't smart at all. Replacing 8700 and 9210 blackberries with windows phone plan ridiculous. How do you expect such old technology to still compete in this modern age. They can't use the new BB10 because it be complicated for them. Good for you Cambridge cop. Windows phone is still a far cry
62. meanestgenius (Posts: 7867; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Just look at the BlackBerry's that they are replacing! The Cambridgeshire Police department should have definitely upgraded to BB10. They are making a huge mistake.
67. tenzin (Posts: 105; Member since: 20 Dec 2013)
Bill is smart guy firstly broke the best EU firm Nokia and now offering his spy sh.t for kickback into masses