Police in Britain now able to monitor cell phones
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2011, 09:34 posted on
Police in Britain have obtained a surveillance system that can intercept communication, obtain user data, and track a cell phone’s position. This system has caused concern with both lawyers and privacy groups…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hammertong (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 May 2010)
And they can sell the recordings to the tabloids.....oh wait....they already are.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Big Brother is watching you - literally.
3. mozes316 (Posts: 142; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
I already know that London is not having that... Nope, no way... And I will be damned if they try and pull that in the States...
5. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
WOW...!! next thing you know they will be monitoring your farts too!!
6. superguy (Posts: 288; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
In short "Trust us! We won't break the law!" Famous last words from government ...
This is just ripe for abuse. It's one thing with a warrant. It's another just to do it whole sale.
Orwell did have Big Brother starting in London. Sadly, it looks like he's only about 25-30 years late in his predictions.
7. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Holy privacy infringement Batman!!! I think it's about time for a FIRE SALE!!!!!