Plastic shell for low-cost Apple iPhone leaks in green
0. phoneArena 29 Jun 2013, 16:02 posted on
A leaked picture shows off what is supposedly the plastic shell for the low-cost version of the Apple iPhone; the shell is green and is similar in color to one of the plastic rubber bumpers that is available for the iPhone. The leak comes from a gentleman who has connections to some of the factory workers in China...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i do not love apple so much but this looks cool man ... ............
6. zero1 (Posts: 12; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
I swear to god ppl like to buy apple products only cuz it's American.
7. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
American-based design company that pays no corporate taxes its home country, with its products mostly made in China, and which makes none of its hardware products itself (until the new mac pro hits production anyway, but that may be made by a third party as well)
51. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Design in America made in China.
13. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
people thinks that it is very premium phone. ................so to show their class/richness they buy apple product..........the real technosavy mostly goes for android......
16. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Tech savvy people buy iPhones as well and don't think people don't have the same smug attitude that iPhone users used to have a few years ago that now own Galaxy phones.
27. joey_sfb (Posts: 4451; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
smug attitude normally come from the non techno savvy lot. anyway let leave them alone as they buy what their friend told them it's cool and most are now holding galaxy s4 now or at least until iPhone 5s comes around.
41. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i mentioned the word 'MOSTLY'.........
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 16212; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude people can buy the phone for whatever reason they want. Who the heck cares what you, or I say? So what you say the real technology goes to android... Only techies care about that. The mainstream consumer, the ones apple targets care about a good user experience. You should too, cause iPhones deliver a damn good one
42. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i mentioned the word 'MOSTLY'.........
33. TechDork (Posts: 264; Member since: 10 May 2010)
I'm not rich...I just wanted an iPhone because I wanted an iPhone. I went from iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S3 then to the iPhone 5 (now). Nothing rich about me, lol. Not yet, at least.
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 16212; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Me either tech. I just like how the iPhone works. Buy what you like, and be done with it.
47. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I love macs....I hate iPhones purely because they are just boring in my eyes dark, but i know what you mean for user experience and ecosystem I will give that to apple...
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 16212; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
+1 WH. They're not for everyone that's true, but for a solid dependable device, you can't go wrong with em.
43. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i mentioned the word 'MOSTLY'.........
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9881; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's an IPod Touch 5th gen basically. Nothing new here...
2. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I wonder why they wouldn't just make a 5th gen iPod touch as a launching pad, that's practically a phone already!
3. toiletcleaner (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
low-end iPhone : $329, High-end Nexus 4:$299, great job
38. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Agreed, but Nexus4 is mid/mid-high range. Got pushed down after the 2nd-gen quads and the octa-cores started selling
4. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I wouldn't trade my frAgile shatter-prone iPhone 5 for this hideous iPos!!
21. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Two Thumbs down and one finger up.
53. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
You have an awfully BIG head, which means you probably have a VERY small head.
5. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
3G... slower processor??? Welcome BACK to 2010 iphone fans, LOL!
But seriously, this is a good look for the iPhone. This may actually bring the customization the iPhone is in desperate need of, especially if the rear housing is changeable.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 16212; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think it'll reach its target demographic WM. it'll be an entry level phone, hope they price it accordingly.
37. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Even some outside that target demo. At least I think so, it really looks good.
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Who knows if we apply import duty Lumia 920 would be cheaper than this in India. Currently 820 is definitely cheaper than this with it selling on ebay for ~ $320. Would rather prefer 820/920 to this anyday.
9. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
looks like the evil offspring of a Lumia 520 and 620. Not in a good way.
10. TechnoTechyes (Posts: 63; Member since: 24 Jan 2011)
I think targeting India is a great idea for Apple. Maybe they will get more innovative apps developed for their phones.
12. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
This is NOT Apple. Seeming that their stock is at an all time low, they have to do it, but this is unacceptable for such a company in my view. But at least an A6 chip, and same resolution as an iPhone 5. Oh, and 16 GB of storage is a must-have.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9881; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol you really think they'll put a A6 chip on this? Lmfao keep dreaming.
18. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I'm thinking internal specs closer to a 3GS or 4.
40. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
I said this based on what I was hoping for, but even if you think about it, 5th iPod Touch has A5, iPhone 5 has A6. Low cost iPhone- A6, iPhone 5S- A7. This seems logical. All we can do is wait and see.
39. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
For all we know they're taking traded-in prior-gen models and putting them in a different shell as "new", or unused parts from previous iterations.
19. MrMagoo (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
Judging by the price of an unlocked iphone 4 (US$450) I think you can spect Maybe A4 oveclocked inside to support ios7 and newer, 8GB built-in memory, 5 MP cam, a not so good 4' retina display and you are ready to go
20. TechDork (Posts: 264; Member since: 10 May 2010)
I actually....really like it! But, 3G connectivity? Slower processor? Lower camera quality? Steering me far, far away. Maybe they'll have the same color options for the iPhone 6. If it wasn't for those 2009 stats, I'd snatch one up!
34. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
This isn't suppose to be a flagship model if it ever does come to fruition. Apple isn't looking to debut this as "the next best thing". This is solely for lower income markets; think more of along the lines of the types of smartphones you would get for free with Cricket, Revol, or some other regional carrier.
Keep this line in mind: "The low-cost Apple iPhone is expected to be launched later this year in emerging markets like Africa and India, priced at $329 off-contract." More than likely we'll only see this phone online and never in our markets.
44. TechDork (Posts: 264; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Makes sense. Didn't read into it that much.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 16212; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
People will bash, but adding multiple colors will result in huge sales. And isn't that what all companies want?
28. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Decent sales but lower profits and a hit to their image. And here's what does not make any sense. Why not make cheaper iMac's if you want to throw your profits down the toilet? Apple is way confused.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 16212; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, apples not confused. They're a mega company that's in the process of reinventing their brand. On this issue you're confused bro. Trust...apple didn't get where they're at with confusion.
25. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Is it just me, or does that look smaller than an iPhone 5? I was hoping it would be at least big enough for a 4" screen...
32. TechDork (Posts: 264; Member since: 10 May 2010)
It doesn't remind you of a Granny Smith apple?
45. Furbal (Posts: 617; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
$329 is hardly low cost compared to what you can get for that now....
48. Sondae (Posts: 228; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I sure like to try Iphone if the price is right as budget friendly phone and not a rip off on your wallet.