Plants vs Zombies 2 generates record 16 million downloads in just 5 days as an iOS exclusive
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2013, 13:38 posted on
If you're an Android user, don't subject yourself to this article, because it will just hurt too much. Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time was released to everyone on iOS just five days ago, but there was no Android version, and no word on when to expect one. But, even without an Android version, Plants vs Zombies 2 is breaking download records in Apple's App Store...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
It really is a great game. I'm not digging the p2p format but you can earn all the plants without paying. Love playing on my ipad
2. -Shadow- (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
i really don't know why people complain on 4 plants being with money when you have 20 free
7. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Me neither, this is probably the best "freemium" game I've played. I havent once felt like I need to buy anything in order to advance in the game.
15. jael206 (Posts: 133; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
wait when it comes to android, then the downloads will triple..
4. Sauce (unregistered)
Played for the first time today with my girlfriends phone. Im hooked haha
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Played for the first time today with my girlfriends phone."
And the last one. :D
6. Moodi (Posts: 38; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Dude don't pretend that you have a girlfriend :D
11. Sauce (unregistered)
People have to deal with insecurities some how. I guess that is yours lol xD
10. livyatan (Posts: 822; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I guess you meant to say it's a record for the first two days.
Because there are many games with over 50 million downloads even over 100 million, such as Angry Birds, Temple Run etc
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Is Dave still in the game?
13. mottykels (Posts: 372; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Im almost done here, i hope there is update for a new stages/ places
16. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
no surprise really, the 1st one was great and was a hit even when it was a paid app so no surprise the sequel which is ''free'' is a super hit..heres hoping it comes to android soon as im a fan of the 1st..shouldnt be too long
18. Sondae (Posts: 217; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Yep waiting here in android. Wish they will have a free version to try on.
19. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 282; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I quite happily spent a fiver on 2 of the plants - the game is easily worth that.