Pictures show mystery Android tablet in North Korea; Google takes note
0. phoneArena 29 Sep 2012, 13:21 posted on
Time to gas up the Mystery Van, grab all the Scooby snacks that you can and do whatever it is Shaggy does to get ready to solve the case of "The Mysterious Korean Android Tablet"; of course, it will turn out not to be a tablet after all but Old Man Johnson wearing a mask.,..
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
It's only a matter of time before North Koreans find a way to communicate to the outside world using those Android devices.
19. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Does google have power to stop companies in North korea?
2. cj100570 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 May 2009)
The fact that this was deemed post worthy is truly sad! The fact that I took time to comment on it, even sadder!
3. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
What's more interesting than this arctlce is the "superdollar"
North Korea is the worlds biggest counterfeiter of the US dollar. They actually have the same kind of printing press and use the same ink as the federal reserve. So they are buying these fake android tablets with a fake US dollar =D
13. MeoCao (unregistered)
This is not Android but iOS I guess, the tablet can't do multitasking, it can only show the picture of "dear leader" all the time. LOL
6. regkilla (Posts: 83; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
No internet access in North Korea?! I would shoot myself
15. MeoCao (unregistered)
People in North Korea don't care about internet, they care only about food.
7. Levon (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i'm sure it's a cheap chinese-made tab labeled for n. koreans
8. MattAdorno (Posts: 19; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Whats the point if you have no internet access to get content for it?
9. myclevername (Posts: 94; Member since: 07 Jun 2010)
Everyone in North Korea who knows the internet exists and is allowed to access it and use electronic devices is in this picture.
16. NokiaLumia920 (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Jong Il is dead, its the era of fat Un ;)
14. androidrockzz (Posts: 51; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
is what i read right or that the north korean's are not allowed to access to internet ???
so this means none of the people there have internet or use internet???
17. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
N.koreans aren't allowed to use internet..There is a heavy censorship..
Most of these Koreans don't even know what is INTERNET..
It's a very isolated country..
Google about it man..!
22. unbiasedcommenter (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
They are not allowed to use the internet as the rest of us know it. They do have a special disconnected version of "the internet" in which the North Korean government controls all of the content, they do not see the rest of the world as it is, only as they want it portrayed...
20. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
what the heck will people on n korea do with a tablet or any other electronic gadget like cell phones?
they cant even eat properly!!!
i really wish the new leadership of n korea will change! and be like s korea!
lets pray for that country!
21. superguy (Posts: 293; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
This is a gadget for the elite that live in Pyongyang. The average person could never afford a device like this.
It would probably be a stretch for even most in Pyongyang to buy it.