Pictures of the premium Samsung Galaxy F leak
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2014, 10:36 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy F is expected to be the "premium" version of the Samsung Galaxy S5, with features that include a 5.3 inch 1440 x 2560 QHD screen, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, 3GB of RAM, and a 16MP rear camera with OIS. Instead of a plastic body, the Galaxy F employs a metal casing. What gives this rumor some bite, is that prior to the unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S5 at MWC, there was speculation about a QHD screened Samsung Galaxy F...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
63. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The Galaxy S series sucks anyway, only Samsung's note series is good.
65. wilsong17 (Posts: 962; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Yeah lol one guys point of view vs the million they have sold hahaha funny
73. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Have you actually used the Note 3 next to the S5? Its hilarious how much better their phone that came out in September 2013 is... I own both phones from T-Mobile.
104. wilsong17 (Posts: 962; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
i feel you but the s5 is not that bad they made touchwiz so simple is like a child can get with it... i own the note 3 waiting for the note 4.. but i really dont see myself changing the note right now i dont need to change
lol also guess wat i just froze 220 app on my note 3 now
119. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lmaoooo. my dad has had a note 3 since maybe september yeah. I've been using the GS5 for a week now, and even my dad tells you that it outshines his Note in every single area, but surely not screen size and S-Pen, but in every other aspect, it beats the h*ll out of it.
8. CrazyIvan (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Jun 2014)
oooh it's has F on the box.. how appropriate : FAIL. - same brick. no imagination.
10. refillable (Posts: 641; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I'll wait for the Note 4 instead. I believe everyone goes biannually now, like Sony, which I initially don't really like.
11. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Just another aftermarket case for the s5.
21. maherk (Posts: 1027; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
This is a removable back panel, I have 3 of them (but not the metal ones, they affect network signal and locks down the gps). Anyways, just like I said yesterday, phonearena will publish whatever they stumble upon.
34. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
No they dont, I got to use my friends M8 in this little craptop town and it consistently had better service than my s5.
41. maherk (Posts: 1027; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I didn't mean to bash the M8. I was talking about those aftermarket battery covers. I never tried the M8 to comment on that matter, but my S5 always have 4 to 5 signal bars.
69. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 1001; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
You don't have the M8 crap, or the great S5. You just wanna bash Samsung.
98. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Yep you know exactly what I own or have messed with.. effing idiot
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2944; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I just want that "powered by Android" text on my phone. Though I basically never turn my phone off/on.
As for that phone, it's FUGLY
14. fredmode01 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
If I remember correctly, their Chief Designer was fired, or left the house several monthes ago.. That was a clever idea.. let's hope they found someone else, a better designer with fresh new and inspiring ideas for 2015, because they won't get me buy any Galaxy phone which looks that way (and i loved my SGS2 and Galaxy Nexus a lot)
18. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2043; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I like this phone. Its the best looking Samsung phone to date IMO.
19. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
new design and new touchwizz then Im sold
20. Emmanuelz (Posts: 68; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Looks the same though waiting fore note 4
22. vintage (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Most Of Yall Dont Have Your Own Mind You Comment The Same Thing As Someone Else For Likes. If You Dont Like Samsung Why Go On A Article Thats About It?
23. MINDoSOUL (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
SAMSUNG will you please give us a another design language, i am so sick of the physical button and capacitive ones. i was one of your loyal customers until you stopped listening to your customers a lot of us have been asking for the change for like 2 years now, at least start a pilot project and see the response i bet you will regain and maintain a lot of your customers. Just look at LG they are doing it right.
74. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 1001; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
The physical button and capacitive ones, are the best things that Samsung give us.
Though I agree that is time Sansung to change the design.(its funny how much the iboys speak about "design", because have nothing else to speak. But the iphone is fugly, and M8 too. Wrong design for smartphones )
81. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
There isn't much to change on the front they could really just change the design of the phone speaker and the button and the curve of the corners.
The M8 is targetted at people who like shiny expensive looking stuff even though its cheap alumnium that is not premium at all. Aluminum is actually cheaper than a lot of the plastics used in phones.
29. PorkyBurger (Posts: 230; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Wow, that's uninspiring at ALL. All they have done is slap a metal back cover on original S5.
Please be fake, please be fake, please be fake~!!!
32. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Wow this is super disappointing, it looks like the regular one with a different back cover. SS stop putting that generic front on everything... looks terrible
99. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Huh? Not sure I know what you are getting at.
33. take1sub (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Jan 2014)
Just Say one thing. "Canceled project / Prototype model"
37. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Does anyone know what update the s5 had on att yesterday? Mine updated but I didn't notice any changes
43. fzacek (Posts: 1869; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Samsung is stupid if it actually announces this phone. This is what the S5 should have been in the first place if Samsung wanted to have a more premium phone to compete with the G3. Now, they're just screwing S5 owners and making many people dislike Samsung's ways. Bad move, Samsung, bad move...
48. teerex42 (Posts: 161; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Wrong why do you think they out sell every others. ..best phones best screens.
53. fzacek (Posts: 1869; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
True, but that doesn't justify them coming out with a flagship and then after three months changing their mind and coming out with something better. This kind of behaviour pisses people off...
78. GreekGeek (Posts: 842; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Times are a-changing brother,
The days of 1 year flagship cycle is, safe to say, OVER
I guess we just have to accept this, it is what it is, after all we have no business complaining, we're only given choices, which is for the most part, a good thing
86. Cicero (Posts: 403; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
805 is ready for the market now. Do you want Samsung not stepping on? All the time the technology evolved especially mobile site. Ram, Cpu, Gpu, screen, factoring on 20 nm etc.
52. .KRATOS. (Posts: 121; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Who ever doesn't like the design, it's easy jst don't f*** buy it n stop complaining.
55. spasticpat (Posts: 67; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
The way I look at it, there's always going to be a newer and better device right around the corner, so when I'm ready to upgrade I look at what's available to me to order or preorder and I get what works best for me. Samsung just wants to make a profit like any other company.
67. DogeShibe (Posts: 737; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
The only two phones (design) that i like from samsung are Samsung F400 & S8500 Wave.
76. na7noo7 (Posts: 263; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
If this device has no heartrate sensor, then I will have a great phone.
79. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
The phone looks sturdy and heavy. I like it but the back cover looks blech. The front does look sexy, though.
85. JMartin22 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The design language of this S5 is fine. People that just inherently hate or despise Samsung will always go out of their way to illogically hate anything the company does, regardless if it's plastic, cheap soda can aluminum or what have you.
You want to know what I really think is ugly design language?
The M8 and its colossal size for a "small" 5 inch display, on top of the on-screen capacitive buttons that already eat into a good 15-20% of the screen real-estate
The Z2 for featuring such big and unattractive bezels that needlessly eat into the footprint of the phone and also make fitting a smaller screen onto something more cumbersome than it has to be. I'm sure they could achieve their IP ratings with more smarter and intelligent design engineering on their products.
91. HarryWild (Posts: 40; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
So this is the Prime? Not that much to look at! Kind of ugly! But I'm going to buy it so it might be beautiful to someone that like it!
93. scy1192 (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 May 2014)
Last time we heard a prototype came with an 801 but would have an 805 on launch, it was the G3 and that certainly doesn't have an 805
101. LeBrownJames (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
If this is still the design, then its Galaxy Fail.
102. simpleas (Posts: 51; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
Not sure why you guys are so mad lol. Here's how I see it. Samsung makes great phones but looks wise, it could improve on a lot. But the fact is, their phones are great. Why it sells. I just wish they'd get a new design team. That, is their missing link.
105. willywanta (Posts: 37; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
i don't know. I think the design is still uninspiring.
Dear samsung, please retreat to your era 5-6 years ago when you produced beautiful phones. I miss my sensing bijoux agh-t500, my samsung true i sgh-t100, the chic slider agh-e800, and oh the ultra series.
Take inspiration from that and i'm sure your phones will be great
109. phljcnth (Posts: 269; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Again, this is fabricated! The placement of the 'F' is very asymmetrical it's obvious the 'S' and '5' were tampered. The brushed metallic battery cover can also be bought from eBay for 10 bucks. THIS. IS. FAKE!
110. kryme (Posts: 141; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
these geeks need to remember wen samsung is making a phone, wat u want is exactly wat samsung dont care about... samsung going for the 200+million people who are actually buying their phones yearly than the 10 thousand geeks around the world who whine about how a phone looks.....
111. Jalil (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Design is the same as original GS5.
I prefer LG G3 design.