Pictures of the premium Samsung Galaxy F leak
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2014, 10:36 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy F is expected to be the "premium" version of the Samsung Galaxy S5, with features that include a 5.3 inch 1440 x 2560 QHD screen, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, 3GB of RAM, and a 16MP rear camera with OIS. Instead of a plastic body, the Galaxy F employs a metal casing. What gives this rumor some bite, is that prior to the unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S5 at MWC, there was speculation about a QHD screened Samsung Galaxy F...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Oh my God samsung! I wanna puke already!
6. sipha (Posts: 261; Member since: 12 May 2012)
I realy dont get why samsung likes that design so much.. It was a disapoint 3 years ago and still is today..
15. ajac09 (Posts: 1365; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Lets look at it this way samsung makes how much a year? How much do you make a year? Thats why.
30. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2527; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You're a customer. You don't have to care how much money companies get. Only thing you have to care is that you can get the best possible product.
57. Tizen007 (Posts: 500; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I respect the troll's views on the Sammy devices. But why don't you try and step back and have a neutral eye for once? This time I think you guys should retreat from the (Sammy phone = ugly^2) equation and actually look at this phone without any bias feelings.
You will find this phone very attractive. And the majority of the other customers will.
132. marcski07 (Posts: 311; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
I followed your suggestions, but still I find samsung design ugly... :/
120. rehanmustafa90 (Posts: 11; Member since: 13 May 2014)
!!!As usual, we suggest that you take these images with a grain of salt. It is always healthy to be cynical to a certain degree when dealing with leaks. !!!
26. nothingmuch (Posts: 161; Member since: 03 May 2013)
OMG! Its a candy bar design! How many different ways can they make a rectangle look better?
35. sipha (Posts: 261; Member since: 12 May 2012)
HTC One M8, iPhone 5s and Xperia Z2 are 3 completely different looking desings(or rectangle) and also manage to look AMAZING.. & the was also this samsung patent:
90. nothingmuch (Posts: 161; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Think about it for a minute. .. wait for it.... thats right other companies, not Samsung, do you want the SG5 to impose other company designs traits onto their flagship? Its called signature designs like iphone uses for all their undogly amount of silicon they've released in the past half decade. before you open your qwerty keyboard and comment next time, please realize the structure of design patents and why each of those other companies look the way they do.
36. wedjat (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
HTC SONY Huaweii ask them
its a soup design no candy bar for samsung
38. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
look at other flagships and you will get your answer
87. nothingmuch (Posts: 161; Member since: 03 May 2013)
each have their signature look without imposing rival oem's design traits. Thats why they are other flagships. Do you want Samsung to look like other flagships? Samsung is using what works for them! And you ask if I LOOK at other flagships, I owned other flagships and still came back to Samsung . Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
46. akki20892 (Posts: 3327; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Samsung will keep this design till Galaxy S-Googolplex
61. cncrim (Posts: 479; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
You probably heard "if it is not broken, dont fix it" right? Look at HTC they are learn the hard way..... Htc used to be the king of android before 2009 what happen they try to change.
People love the look the pure flat rectangle look on the phone and every time company try curve round odd shape etc the phone just doesnt sale. Look back begin of time of the cell phone to today all the flat rectangle phone sale like hot cake..... The only company maintain that stream line make money, the example is Apple and Samsung.
128. MINDoSOUL (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
That is one narrative of the story, the reason HTC went down hill was because of many reasons ( price, battery life, ....). The main reason was the competition offered better devices than HTC with lower prices and bigger competitors such Samsung had more resources to push their products around the world not like in the case of HTC and not due to design language only, the period since 2009 was so asperous every other smartphone manufacturer was changing their design and playing with it, Samsung since S2 was on an incline in terms of growth especially after the Note series and grew even more popular with it and that was all great until now were they reached maturity and i believe they are stepping to the decline phase if they continue with the same tweaks they do to their devices since S3, they need to offer a new fresh design at least as a prototype like what S2 was back in the days and see how the market reacts to it. the main reason they sticked with the design language was because it was favored back then but now a lot of the customers are bored and tired with the old design they need something new something which will start another growth cycle for Samsung. That is simply what everyone is asking for.
115. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
What disappointment? with all these sales and all the costumers and all the billions they made/are making out of it. I find it a success, and lmao yes no one cares about your opinion
137. RuiBacelar (Posts: 123; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Earning billions doesnt mean good services.
They have some good tablets and the trully awsome Note series, apart from that they just SPAM the market with lots of Galaxy's.
But this Galaxy F could be something worth considering
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5474; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Looks a bit better than regular Samsung Galaxy S5 but still not good. LG G3 design looks much better to me.
49. wrm2013 (Posts: 142; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Please explain how this looks different than the phone I'm currently typing this message with?
51. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5474; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sorry but I'm unable to explain it since I don't know what phone you used to wrote this message.
88. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5474; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
1) There is no "band aid" texture on the back cover.
2) There is no speaker grills on the back cover.
116. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
LMAO. I own a Gold Edition GS5. and yes the color is GOLD, and it's AMAZING, plus it's an eye catcher as when there are people next to me the GS5 goes from hand to hand. and hey, the band aid joke is now kinda old. you iphone old grandpa htc/sony dudes from the 80s need to find something else
127. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5474; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
First of all what your comment has to do with my comment #88?
Also by saying "band aid" I was not joking, using this I just described texture of Samsung Galaxy S5 back cover.
89. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 270; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I own an s5 and i think it is fugly, but i prefer amoled so there aint much choice.
45. teerex42 (Posts: 154; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Dude what crack r u on!!!! This is what the S5 should have been!! Take my money sammy!
50. shuaibhere (Posts: 1302; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well... what do see through that water mark????
I literally see nothing...
Ah these f**king water marks???
56. Ashoaib (Posts: 1506; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Wow... seems like this time samsung is going to make a beautiful phone
117. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
like they always did. in fact, the opinion of the 0.0001% buutthurt internet group doesn't matter.
134. RuiBacelar (Posts: 123; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Dude, with the ammount of trash you state, the only butthurt around here is you!
If you like your S5 that's great, enjoy it.
I for once prefer the engineer masterpiece wich is Xperia Z2, gotta love those front speakers, while not being as loud as M8's, that's due to waterprofing.
Anyway, this Galaxy F looks good, that alright, but now Sammy had the costumers buying a lot of band aids, and now they want you to buy a decent device. Money Money money.
About the band aid...that texture looks and feels good on the Black version, the white one is hard plastic! WTF??? it looks and feels cheap, the gold and blue...toy'ish....but eyecatchy yes.
64. rd_nest (Posts: 743; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Please go outside and puke to your heart's content.
Why do you assume that all those thousands of Samsung employees working tirelessly to satisfy your bloated ego? You act as if they are going to be doomed if they don;t satisfy your so-called aesthetics sense?
People (read as trolls) have been saying the same thing for last 3/4 years. And look how many people in reality purchase Samsung products. They sell more devices than next 5 vendors combined.
They must be doing something right to be that successful. Don't over estimate yourself. Like any other troll, you are irrelevant and useless.
71. Shatter (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Most users put cases on their devices anyway so only the look of the front matters.
If you don't use a case on an aluminum phone like the M8 your going to have a bad time.
118. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
MY GS5 LOOKS AMAZING FRONT AND BACK, EVERYONE WHO HAS SEEN IT HAS BEEN WOWED. And I hate cases and covers.
135. RuiBacelar (Posts: 123; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
ok ok....chill broh....guess you're needing a baind-aid for your "auchie".
Mad chicken strikes =D
82. Cicero (Posts: 278; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Well said. And looking at this render I see less surrounding bezels and a better proportion.
70. Shatter (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I doubt you even looked at the pictures, you just saw the title and skipped straight to the comments.
80. tahirk (Posts: 23; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Don't know why but Samsung won't know how to design better looking phones, HTC won't learn how to get the best camera phone and Sony won't learn how to utilize the best camera hardware with equally good software so that we didn't have to settle for 8 mega pixels to get great looking shots.
114. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lmao. Like Samsung with it's hundreds of millions in sales and billions in profit cares about your opinion.
136. RuiBacelar (Posts: 123; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
They make billions out of ignorant buyers such as.....hum....you maybe?
why the hell are you defending sammy like that, you must be getting paid!
126. cuzed (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Mar 2014)
i think what samsung needs to do is just to make the faux metal sides to be a real metal.. i think this will make a great difference. A back plastic is okay.
131. Nabil2511 (Posts: 148; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
so changing the back, makes it look premium? thats the only effort theyre gonna do?
2. Basharhd99 (Posts: 31; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This is what the GS5 was supposed to be in the first place
31. fzacek (Posts: 1443; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Yeah, this is a bad move on Samsung's part. Screwing S5 owners and deviating from their yearly flagship cycle...
72. Shatter (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 May 2013)
This is a premium phone, it is going to cost $200 more than the S5.
3. DaftPunk (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Thank you PA we see everything with your logo !
16. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1900; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Are you the REAL Daft Punk? OMG OMG OMG I'm such a HUGE fan!
24. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
Im a big fan of daft punk too waiting for alive 2017
9. shead202 (Posts: 40; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
No one mentioned the G3. Why do Samsung fans always have to bring up the G3? Does it make them feel uncomfortable?
40. MINDoSOUL (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Nope but because we like the LG design for one and second because we wish well for SAMSUNG and want it to prosper but the way they are doing things it looks like they are going down hill.
42. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I hate the G3. I think it's an experiment on customers. The real Quad HD smartphones are not here yet. They will have SD 805
47. teerex42 (Posts: 154; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
This prime line will be the true qhd. Super amoled..qhd ftw and I mean fck the world wooooo!!!! Screw the LG lcd qhd super amoled is the best!!
60. wargreymon (Posts: 141; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Sorry to say, but even Qualcomm said you need a large enough phone to fit a snapdragon 805 and separate modem. It's not pin to pin compatible with 801, so very small chance galaxy f will have it. Maybe note 4 since that is larger.