Pictures of the Nokia Lumia 1520 mini appear; possible April release seen
0. phoneArena 25 Jan 2014, 20:55 posted on
Earlier this month we passed along information about a mini version of the Nokia Lumia 1520, called the Nokia Lumia 1520 V. On Saturday, a leaked photo of the device was posted on a site out of China, allegedly showing the Lumia 1520 V next to an Apple iPhone. Right now, the full-sized Nokia Lumia 1520 would be considered the flagship Windows Phone model with top-shelf specs that match up with powerful Android devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aditya.k (Posts: 492; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Looks like an iPhone from the front in 2nd pic.
9. Liveitup (Posts: 1776; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah sorta looks like Lumia 925 with the black gap at the bottom. The 1520 V is an awesome smartphone, great specs to compliment the OS, it also has a killer screen.
22. Doakie (Posts: 1596; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Wait...this is just another 4.5" 720p Lumia so technically they are actually just 're releasing the 925......... :-/ Who cares?
26. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Reports indicate it will carry an affordable price tag so it will be a great upgrade for the Lumia 720 - so I care! I care very much!
31. akki20892 (Posts: 3776; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Phone have not release yet. And check other specs.
14. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 407; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Yup, no one noticed that? Strange.
5. starkiller306 (Posts: 58; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
that's actually an iphone on the right. :P
25. great (Posts: 80; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
they compared the size of the phone with an iphone !
30. akki20892 (Posts: 3776; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
In second picture. There is iPhone on right hand side and nokoa lumia 1520v left hand side. They are comparing size. Get it guys.
3. djripster (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
I thought three columns on Windows Phone was only available on devices with 5 inches or larger displays
7. apple4never (Posts: 1028; Member since: 08 May 2013)
thats what i thought, they may be smaller i guess, seems like a great phone though
8. corporateJP (Posts: 2324; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Why not give it a different model number and get on with life?
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9727; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1520 V.. Wtf? Why not give it a name like 1100 or something?
15. starkiller306 (Posts: 58; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
1100 was an old nokia phone. don't think they'll use that number.
20. amasog (Posts: 266; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
WTF!! Why not wait until nokia annouce the phone to know how will they call it?
you are condemning a phone that is not announced yet? what if nokia officialy call it 1502?
27. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
LOL! But I personally believe it will most likely be called either Lumia 730 or Lumia 830. Heard it will carry an affordable price tag so really a good upgrade path for the 720, or even the 820.
11. Aplusk (Posts: 113; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
please release it with win8.1 update & bring apps to sd, browsers, file manager, vlc or whatever you planned.
13. NateAdam8 (Posts: 268; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
The only thing people like about iPhone is it App Store cause it's a limited UI and Android's great but full of holes big enough for people to hack it to the point of brinking. WP would be better if they'd just get more apps but it's not a bad OS.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9727; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1) iOS apps are somewhat better than anything else on the market
2) Jailbreaking an iPhone does wonders
3) Full of holes? Never had an issue with malware or hackers since 2010
4) WP does need more apps, and official ones
18. Rongocook (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
4.45 seems even better than 4.3. perfect for me man!
21. Snoobab (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
There won't be an extra row of tiles unless the res is 1080p. I'm sceptical about the above photos.
33. NateAdam8 (Posts: 268; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
It's gotta have a screen size of 4.7 or bigger for the extra row of tiles
23. boosook (Posts: 1237; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Nokia didn't change the design in the last two years… it looks like any other yellow Lumia phone. I prefer the Z1 Compact, though I must admit that this is a good move: Nokia is the second, after Sony, to understand that lots of people want a powerful phone with a smaller screen than current 5" flagships.
32. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1318; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I hear Apple is going to a 4.8 inch screen for the Iphone six. I think good Smart phones have to be able to fit in a Person's Pocket to be useful to most folks. therefore the 4.5 to 5 inch smart phones are the way to go for big screen smart phones. the 6 inch plus smart phone mini tablets will sell but will have a smaller sales number because the are too big to be put in a person's pocket.