Pictures of the Motorola DROID 4 dummy show off dimensions of the device
0. phoneArena 30 Dec 2011, 22:13 posted on
TechnoBuffalo got its hand on the dummy unit of the upcoming Motorola DROID 4 and as a result, we have a multitude of pictures showing what the real working model will look like when it is launched, most likely in February...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
A bunch of BB owners are really hoping the D4 is released before February 2nd....
2. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 525; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
wow, i like how it has the sort of octagonal edges like the razr.. i'm not a fan of motorola at all but they do have a pretty good design team.
11. snowgator (Posts: 3558; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I am sure it is coming for it. But I will be surprised if ICS is the standard before the summer selling season.
4. roscuthiii (Posts: 2207; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I'm looking forward to the first couple weeks of reviews after its released. I'd like this to be my next phone, but I have reservations.
5. garbageALLofIT (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Take this POS along with the bionic, evo 3d, razr, and that new POS nexus and put it in the garbage because thats what they are. LAGGY and full of problems.
10. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 272; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
hah, good one...
have u even tried them out yet?
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Nah. garbage is just a garbage troll.
8. 8mileroad (Posts: 7; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I'm kind of curious why they say 1GB "nearly" doubles 512MB when it exactly doubles it... or am I missing something?
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you didn't do so great at math when you were in school did you?
16. AngusNG12345 (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
1gb of ram is always 1024mb equivalent.
25. shnibz (Posts: 286; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Why would anyone thumbs down angusNG12345 comment? 1gb IS 1024 mb. It just is...what's there to thumbs down about that?.....?
32. 8mileroad (Posts: 7; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I was taking college classes my Junior year.
33. 8mileroad (Posts: 7; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
By the way, they fixed the article. Go reread it.
14. snowgator (Posts: 3558; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I hope this is the monster device those who want physical keyboards deserve. My Daughter owns the Captivate Glide on AT&T and it is a very good phone except for the keyboard, which is flat keyed and just bland in it's design and function. There is still a large demand for QWERTY love, and this could cater to them. This bad boy was so on my radar. I really was blown away by the RAZR and it's performance, and I liked both the Photon on Sprint and the original Atrix on AT&T (never played with the Atrix 2). And I loved the Droid 3. I am a huge Motorola fan these days. I am cheering for it.
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The only down-side that I can see at the moment for the D4 is the potential February 2nd release date. Based on my friends who have BBs and are wanting to move to the D4 reaction, they are really wishing the D4 was available NOW. Maybe VZW will come to its senses and release the D4 sooner? (Dunno)
17. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
ICS is only for the galaxy nexus for the time being. Dont worry this will get ics down the road.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think that if the Feb launch stays true this will probably have ICS preloaded as all Droids in the original lineage have always had the latest version of Android out of the box.
19. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Sorry, but to me this thing just looks a razr with a slide out.....
Still damn sexy though I wish sprint would offer more of a variety
21. doubleD (Posts: 78; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
My only complaint on the Droid 3 is the camera quality. Megapixels mean nothing when the pictures have odd looking color tones. Hopefully that is improved with the Droid 4. Since I don't live in a 4G area, I probably won't be getting the Droid 4 unless something happens to either my Droid 2 or Droid 3. Droid 5 (if they make it) will probably be out around the time I get 4G and my Droid 2 is eligible for upgade.
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the weird picture color tones was fixed with an update.
29. doubleD (Posts: 78; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
I didn't know that. That's why you're the King! Ironically though, after my post, my wife's Droid 2 started having serious problems. Guess I'll probably be getting the Droid 4 after all.
30. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yerp, i also own a Droid 3.
the Droid 3 was a great upgrade from the 2 for me so i'm sure you guys will love the 4. c:
22. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
So glad I have the RAZR - why would anyone choose this phone (if specs are true) over a RAZR? Besides having an actual keyboard.
31. cthunder (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
It's simple. Some people just prefer Qwerty kybd phones over a regular one. I have big hands and for someone like me, a qwerty kybd is the way to go. I can type much faster on a kybd than I can on a virtual kybd. It's all about preference.
23. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
@networkdood - I agree completely. However, I understand the part about needing a keyboard. Until July, 2010, I was a BB owner because of the keyboard. I finally got fed up enough with RIM that I decided to try an Android phone without a keyboard and went with the X. By September, I had migrated completely to the X and haven't looked back. But I can understand the reluctance to give up a keyboard.
For those who are dependent on a physical keyboard, the D4 gives them close to the RAZR in screen size, while having the same specs (CPU, RAM, display resolution, etc.) and they get to have a good keyboard as well. They are just wishing VZW would release the D4 now instead of in February.
27. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I had a TILT I in 2008, prior to switching to non-keyboard phones - I thought I would miss the keyboard, but I do not. However, if the right phone came along, with a keyboard, I would consider it.
24. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 467; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Verizon could have easily released this phone as the D3....same specs exact...as one is 3g and global...and the D4 is LTE...Motorola had LTE radios when the D3 was released...i guess the D5 will be global....
28. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Latest rumor I heard is the D4 is gonna have ICS, but really, really wants to make sure all the bugs are out. lol