Pictures of the HTC M8's back cover leak, reveal mysterious new element
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2013, 02:45 posted on
You might recall that before the HTC One received its real name, it had a code name, the M7; now, pictures allegedly showing the back cover of the M8 have leaked. And judging from the hole near the top of the part, a fingerprint scanner will be one of the features of the Taiwan manufacturer's new flagship phone. But unlike the scanner on the HTC One max, which is found under the camera lens, the scanner will now be found above the snapper...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. NoComment (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
Jeez, not that I'm complaining or anything, but Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 is in everything. It's an amazing processor, but I wouldn't mind more variety, then again, others haven't managed to come up to par with it, such as the tegra 4.
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
The Tegra 4 is actually good performance-wise. Unfortunately it produces so much heat that it just isn't suitable for smartphones.
7. NoComment (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
I'm crossing my fingers for the Kepler powered Nvidia Logan (tegra 5), and the 64 bit Nvidia Parker (tegra 6)
30. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If it is true and resolution will be 2K, then I wish it will better have powerful GPU.
77. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
everything is great about this specs but HTC needs 13 ultra pixels or 13 mp camera to be a killer phone.
55. Beijendorf (Posts: 182; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
As Woodshop20 also mentioned, the Tegra 4 is actually a better GPU. The only problem with it is that it also requires more power which means increased heat and shorter battery life.
It could be useful in tablets and some phablets, but there's probably a reason for the S800 choice other than the good public image.
2. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
What is with manufacturers and fingerprint scanners??!!
Seriously, all they do is rack up the price of the device and they're pretty much useless on phones anyway.
Oh well, at least they put a Snapdragon 800 in it this time.
34. dickwyn (Posts: 552; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yeah agreed, maybe samsung can come up with a feature which takes advantage of the sensor
4. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
same old design
note 3 much better
6. Trex95 (Posts: 518; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Note 3 Uglier . 2K resolution, Boom sound, Aluminum built and ultra pixels camera better than your note 3 plastic wanna be lather lol.
18. dratomic (Posts: 335; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
it has already been established that ultrapixel was cr*p. and boom sound isnt new. nokia 5800 had superior stereo speakers. htc is the most over rated brand ever. they dont listen. look at sony. theyre listening to customer demands and are improving with each new phone they release
19. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
is the nokia 5800's speakers in its current flagship? didnt think so either..
25. dratomic (Posts: 335; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
unfortunately not. i just said it to remind others that quality speakers is no innovation
23. Trex95 (Posts: 518; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
That what you think. I used to hate HTC myself before but after the HTC one things changed a lot with HTC One, They start listen to customers and ultra pixels camera isn't crap but has less megapixels than other phone it's only 4MP and still shoot pics better than lot of notorious MP camera phones.
PS. I own HTC one and LG G2 BTW and still HTC One shoot better pics at night than 13MP OIS G2!
35. vandroid (Posts: 243; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
You mean Nokia is the most over rated brand ever
44. alpinejason (Posts: 251; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
nokia 5800? what about n95 96 91 and all of those phones with dual stereo speakers i still have my n95 and have yet to see ANY PHONE even come close to it volume or sound quality
47. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...i still have my n95 and have yet to see ANY PHONE even come close to it volume or sound quality"
The answer is HTC One.
And I also still have my Nokia N95 8GB and keep it in my drawer.
52. Castro90 (Posts: 27; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I agree in a way, I believe HTC is some-what over hyped but not overrated. I noticed even with Mods and Beats Audio ON/OFF, I could still get louder playback from a GS4.
And then look at the N5, it took some cues from Sense 5.0 and added the Google Now app as if it were BlinkFeed. Nevertheless, to each their own.
53. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I noticed even with Mods and Beats Audio ON/OFF, I could still get louder playback from a GS4."
Louder doesn't mean better quality.
67. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Wrong again bob. If the ultrapixel was crap why has ever review raved on about it. Aaron Baker at phone dog. Brian Klug at Anand Tech. And ultrapixel camera was amazing. You are just a pissed of fanboy of another OEM who hates HTC for making superior products.
Nokia 5800 speakers were utter crap.
No the most overrated brand would be your precious Samsung. Nokia. And Apple.
HTC does listen to their customer moron. Because they keep giving me what I want. Also look at the design changes from the One to the One Mini those changes were made based on customer feedback you idiot.
32. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 9; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Ultrapixel Camera is a failure.
HTC One Max is also a failure because of its sucking camera.
43. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Why Ultrapixel Camera is a failure?
I agree that 4MP is not enough, but apart that I don't see why Ultrapixel Camera should be marked as a failure.
10. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
wait hold up. Did you seriously just try to say samsung has better design than htc? hahahahahahahahaha okay.
14. EgyDroid (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Just remember......You started it
PS: no way in HELL that the note 3 is better than htc's designs
17. dratomic (Posts: 335; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
htc cant make any devices that challenge note series. so somehow this guy is right. note 3 ftw (best phone in the world right now)
btw i am nokia fan. and design wise sony and nokia are way superior to htc.
73. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Note 3 is trash.
Please. Nokia's design is utterly horrible. They couldn't design their way out of a paper bag. Nokia and Sony wish their design was as good as HTC.
It is a common fact that HTC has the best design. Every review says it and so on and so forth. So nice try.
80. vandroid (Posts: 243; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
LOL design wise Nokia is better? No way in hell Nokia uses the same exact design every year which is no better than apple and the lumias are ugly
28. hboy857 (Posts: 130; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
You should say " wow! same old GORGEOUS design" and no one in their right mind would say note 3 design is better than HTC one. Go away troll.
72. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
The design is amazing.
No it is beautiful
Note 3 is ugly and utter trash. Anyone who buys it needs to have their head examined.
79. irellemot (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I just measured the entire glass area of my HTC one. It's about 5.4 inches, so chances are they're gonna have a very similar design, probably make it thinner, and use onscreen buttons.
12. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I felt the OneS was really beautiful, I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it had the same 4.7" screen
8. mr.techdude (Posts: 491; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I hope its not the s800 because Qualcomm is releasing the new chip of snapdragon series such has andreno 400 graphics chip, now that sounds like a 2014 flagship. I hope also they put their price down, less profit margin but higher demand and soon they can gain their recognition.
74. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
All phones released next year HTC (2014) HTC 2. HTC ONE TWO. Galaxy S5. All will have S800.
11. mmmanuuu (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
HTC ONE TWO ? what an awefully weird name for a phone !!!! Its got to be HTC TWO. By the way where is htc one max ? Did you guys flushed them on a closet or what ??? By the time htc one max reaches retail outlets, people who are thinking of upgrading their phone would buy something else. I mean they have so many options out there. Which are superior than the htc one max. Its been more than 6 months that the rumours and pics about htc one max spreading all over the web. If you are running this company to make some profit, then make use of your iron man and start shipping the phone than making people wait. At the moment almost everyone who are waiting for this phone have a doubt in our mind because of the older processor and the ultra pixel camera. By the time htc one max hits the store, it will be way older compared to the other well specced phones out there. Its almost the end of the year. CES 2014 is on january 7th. And there are rumours about Xperia Z2 and Galasy s5 lauch early next year with 64 bit processor, 16 mp ois camera and so on. I have a feeling htc is digging their own hole.
41. remtothemax (Posts: 205; Member since: 02 May 2012)
maybe it will be followed by the htc one two step?
13. EgyDroid (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Is it blue or is it just me....
39. wattabulb (Posts: 8; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
It looks like sombody took back panel of HTC One and drilled a hole @ the top ...lol :P
16. aayupanday (Posts: 353; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
HTC should give it a Carbon Fiber chassis as they keep on topping their own design.
A turbocharged Snapdragon 800 with Adreno 440 graphics would be a great addition
Also they should simply call it the HTC One 2014.
Last but not the least... They need to get rid of that UltraPixel Crap.
20. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
not s800, im thinking more next gen soc.
69. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Next gen SOC won't be hear until late summer next year. S800 will be used in HTC One 2 or HTC Two whatever it is called and the S5.
22. Taters (Posts: 2361; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I don't care about HTC and I am sure the quality control will be garbage again with more gapfull design and poor finishing at the USB port and headphone jacks, dead pixels, speaker hiss, unresponsive home buttons etc. And it looks like retarded button placement and really horrible ergonomics is in full HTC form if that is actually where the fingerprint sensor is going to be
Anyways, the name HTC One squared(to the power of two with the little 2 in the top right hand corner would be a great name. You can really market that name too by saying this isn't just an HTC One times two, this is an HTC One times an HTC One which is pretty powerful statement.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Why I didn't heard about such quality problems with HTC before? Or it is just me?
54. maherk (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It is just you. Hundreds of videos can be found on youtube showing the defects people had with their HTC ones
56. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I saw a lot of videos with HTC One, but none of them was with such problems. I saw a lot of videos and reviews praising HTC One build quality. Opposite situation with iPhone 5.
76. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Wrong again bob. Nice try lying. The One ha been universally praised. Never heard a bad thing about it but for pissed off Sammy fantwats that can't take that HTC is superior.
81. Taters (Posts: 2361; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
HTC Fanboys just choose to ignore it or don't notice them but the observant people know all too well how poorly manufactured and designed HTC phones are.
75. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Because you have a low IQ.
Gapfull design? Nope. Gapless actually. Idiot.
Poor finishing round usb and headphone ports. Nope. Wrong again bob.
Dead pixels. Nope.
Speaker hiss? Doesn't exist.
Home button works like a champ. To well in fact.
The button placement is awesome. I love it. Anyone who has used it likes it.
You are an idoit.
How much did Samsuck pay you to write this comment you pathetic little bitch?
82. Taters (Posts: 2361; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
ROFL Someone is butt hurt.
They advertise as a gapless design but I have never seen so many gaps in a phone in my life, both of them. The one I used for awhile and the one I returned. In fact, the HTC One was so gapful that they had no choice but to put a thick plastic frame around the revised HTC One Mini and HTC One Max. Of course HTC being themselves, they found other ways to screw up those handsets. LOL I feel sorry for the HTC homers. Maybe some day they will see how crappy HTC is.
Let's just put it this way. Give me an HTC phone and I will be able to find at least 4 and usually a lot more issues with it. EVERY SINGLE HTC phone I have ever handled and that includes ones demoed in the store, ones I have owned, and ones that my friends have owned.
83. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
You probably work at a htc recall factory.
Good job, btw whats your hourly rate? Im still looking for a part time job you know
24. sarge77 (Posts: 201; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
still waiting to see whos bringing the T4 amazing just hoping when does drop that the benchmarks will speak for itself not to surr why there is a difference between the T4 in tablet vs the nvidia shield might be because the extra fan.
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
5" - 5.2" screen