Pictures of Samsung Galaxy S4 mini leak
0. phoneArena 11 May 2013, 13:51 posted on
With the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini now expected to be introduced at the end of this month, some new pictures of the byte-sized version of Samsung's flagship Android phone have leaked; the latest speculation is that the mini will be announced alongside the rugged Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, and the camera-centric Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Is it just me or the front of the Galaxy S4 mini does look like the old Galaxy Ace?
11. TripleTwo (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
All the galaxies have the same design.
And this one is as ugly as it's big brother.
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree, but I think that this little fella is uglier than it's big brother.
Just look at the design, it gives me a headache!
60. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Yes. what are they doing with that all 44 Billion cash money. Can't they hire a good designer team ? :(
61. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They use those billions of cash to buy cheap plastic materials, I guess........
Wait, plastic ain't expensive, right?
62. TripleTwo (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
They will, but only when they lose market share to HTC, Sony and Apple.
71. kissily (Posts: 53; Member since: 09 Oct 2012)
This is the design for the Galaxy just like iPhones.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
iPhones and iPads also has same design.
34. ecmedic4 (Posts: 305; Member since: 02 May 2013)
iPhones and iPads def do not look as similar as the galaxy series phones and tablets. The iPhone 5 and current iPad do not look hardly alike at all, especially the backsides, whereas the S4 and galaxy note 8.0 and tab 3 7.0 look the same front and back pretty much.
47. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Yes but we don't pay $650 and $500 for s**t.
64. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 757; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Galaxy s4 is not ugly..
getting design cues from its predecssor doesn't mean it is ugly.
The slim bezels of galaxy s4 help the phone to look stunning.
Screen On-galaxy s4 is more stunning than htc one
While watching video comparisons, i cant help but be wowed by the big screen and less bezels of galaxy s4 while htc one renders fat bezels.. black background will help htc one sometimes..
I know that the fat bezels are brought to give way for d incredible speakers but im talking about how they look..
Screen on-gs4, OPTIMus g Pro and XZL are the most stunning phones out there
67. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
And this design leak is also a leak of the design of the Note 3. Just that Note 3 is just bigger.
3. Ryotech (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 May 2013)
What's so hard about making a smaller phone while still being high end?! Samsung just doesn't get it!
7. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't understand why you would specifically point out Samsung for that. How many high-end Android phones can you name that have come out this year from ANY manufacturer that have a screen smaller than 4.5"?
50. grahaman27 (Posts: 361; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
HTC will bring highend with the codename M4, which I am going to be looking into.
Motorola has said they wont forget those who like smaller phones. (razr m)
so there are a couple others, and the BIGGEST android maker doesnt get it.(no pun intended)
63. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Wrong. The Razr M is not high-end. It was mid to high & it came out in 2012. I said this year. Also, the M4 is in the same category. I'm talking flagship. The answer is none.
24. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Let's ask Windows Phone, Blackberry and iPhone users the same question. All three still have 720p or lower resolutions and dual core processors with 1gig of ram. Can't blame Samsung for at least matching the competition. Plus the iPhone 4/4s (with 640x960 display) outsells the iPhone 5. Your average Apple customer does not care about specs. You make it seem that the iPhone 5, Nokia 920 or the Z10 has a quad core processor, 2gig of ram and a 1080p display in a small package.
Does it make sense for Toyota to put a 500hp V8 in a Corolla driven by middle age professionals? Well guess what; that is the same audience these phones are attracting.
And another thing. I have gotten use to the Note 2 and the S4 is small in comparison.
30. tedkord (Posts: 8974; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, the company that sells more smartphones than any other company in the world doesn't get it.
46. akki20892 (Posts: 3872; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
because right now sammy phones are getting popular around world, so sammy want to make more money to make bunch of galaxies phones, who know after what happen.
56. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 757; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I think theyr protecting d sales of d galaxy s4
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
That's an epic battery bed. Could get around 2300mAh, and for such a small energy friendly device it could be a great thing.
14. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
iPhone 5s won't be lonely this fall. Even better if we pretend that the HTC One, S4, Note 3, Motorola X and the next LG Nexus won't be released this year either. The iPhone 5s might have a chance against android.
26. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
The first image that popped in my head was the iPhone.
17. amats69 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
another Cheap Looking Samsung Device with boring design.
45. maccess (Posts: 739; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
another cheap comment from samsung hater that always bitching about design.. (even though i know no matter how beautiful samsung could manage to pull out a good design phone you still won't buy it either..)
51. maccess (Posts: 739; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
do you realise sir that your lumia is made from plastic too??
68. aldridhl (Posts: 69; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
there's a clear aesthetic difference between nokia's plastic (polycarbonate) than samsung's that screams "I'm cheap!!"
69. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 757; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Stop bragging about cheap plastic, i didnt find note2 and s3 feeling that cheap..
54. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's Samsung starts to use Dragontrail front glasses, rear with solid carbon fiber or 18k stainless steel™
Listen to what your customers want, need, and deliver it. In return you will achieve what your expectations and goals.
Samsun please listen to your customers, not what you want, like©
49. amats69 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
always bitching about design?...lets just say, im just got bored with samsung nowadays... because mobile market is now flooding with Galaxy phone that we can only defferentiate by the size of the screen! you're always bitching apple on thier boring design without thinking that your beloved Samesung is doing the same..truth hurts dude :)
52. maccess (Posts: 739; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
me bitching about apple?? where did you get that fact kid?? i never care about what apple gonna release.. i don't even bother try to bash them.. don't try to make up your own story about me kid...
57. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 757; Member since: 11 May 2013)
You get bored because of Samsung's design? I bet you bought many of them..
25. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Why can't Samsung make a matte polycarbonate phone??? This glossy finish and this texture are just awful...
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Please come to the u.s
38. selena1000 (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i bet the rumoured mid/low end iphone is gonna look like a premium phone infront of that
53. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
S4 Mini is a fail®
If it had the same feautres of the S4, this S4 mini would'ev been a big catastrophic impact all over the world™
55. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
How is any of Samsung's leaks exciting? :/
I do hope they change it with their upcoming phones. Would really love to see some new design!
59. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
This phone is quite cute! Hehe a smaller version of the S4 would be just right in size..and its not that smaller than the S3! Perfect, just like the original S4!
65. Sondae (Posts: 234; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I hope samsung galaxy s4 mini is less expensive than s3.
66. najib1312 (Posts: 120; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Gimmie 1 good reason y ppl should consider buying this Sammy over the Awesome + Affordable Xperia SP. That sony beast can beat the crap out of this piece of plastic.
70. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
People are getting more clueless by the day. Somehow all Samsung devices all look the same but Apple and other companies devices look quite different....yeah okay there haters.