Pictures from the possible 13MP Motorola DROID RAZR HD camera found on Picasa
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2012, 18:53 posted on
EXIF data links pictures found on Picasa with the possible 13MP camera on the Motorola DROID RAZR HD; as recent reports suggest that the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX has been outselling the Apple iPhone 4S at Verizon, the carrier is in no rush to launch the HD at this time...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if this does have a 13MP Camera which seems likely i'll probably be in more of a hurry to pick this up because you know i'm an Instagram Fiend over here. xD
oh btw my Xyboard 8.2 will be here in a few days. ;D
2. Birds (Posts: 927; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
This would be cool. I wonder will it be dual core or quadcore? I hear TI-OMAP 5 processor will be a frickin beast when it is ready....
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, the OMAP5 would've been ideal but it's almost certainly going to use a 1.5GHz S4 based on the more solid rumors about this.
4. Captain_Doug (Posts: 736; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
s4 isn't bad but I agree, omap5430 would've been drool worthy. They'll make us wait for that one.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
maybe they'll bring the Original Droid Lineage out of the Shadows and have the 5th Iteration powered by the OMAP5.
7. jove39 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Don't what deal with TI...they are no where to be seen...its been long time they demoed OMAP 5x
23. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
May be they will use OMAP5 in the Dinara/Atrix 3
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's unlikely, the leaks put it's launch time frame at around the same time as the HD.
6. CellularNinja (Posts: 265; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I don't like the way phone manufacturers (especially on android) just add specs to the phones to make them look good on paper. I understand that more cores in a processor actually do help, but I think it's being rushed. Do mobile phones really need four cores? I believe the answer is no. My Xbox doesn't even have four cores. Rather than just add cores to make it sound good, why not add a better graphics card. Sure, alot of people won't understand what it is, but the results will be better.
Same goes for megapixels. The quality of a camera is hardly dependant on the number of megapixels. As long as it's about 5 or higher, the photo will have enough pixels to make it smooth. So manufacturers should improve the actual image quality, not just improve the looks on paper.
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well to run Android u do require all those mentioned, cause its a full OS which was designed for linux, laptop and windows, not for phones...
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4616; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...cause its a full OS which was designed for linux..."
OS designed for Linux???????
20. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
More cores is more performance, and for now you can expect the next generation of phones to go back to dual core due to higher power requirements of Cortex A15. More megapixels is theoretically better assuming that you can expand the sensor size to keep the individual sensors from getting too small, as you can do PureView type pixel combination to reduce noise and improve image quality.
10. Ubi2447 (Posts: 126; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
There hasn't been any peaks on the display technology that they have chosen. All that is known is that it's a 720 HD display that looks "Amazing". I've been waiting on more leaks on these sort of specs too.
They should really try and push more out about the device to gather interest in it. I mean mainstream consumers have zero idea about the device and it's [reportedly] only a month or two out. It's beyond me why they are choosing to be so quiet about a flagship device. I'm very excited about the device, think it's sounding like a great little handset, and I want to see it be successful. Not sure what Moto's agenda is though. Baffling.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well the last time they hyped a phone before it was ready was the Bionic and we all know how that turned out...
21. jove39 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Even if they save money on publicity...at least launch it on all carriers...Motorola is tied to Verizon!
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well there's the Atrix 3 coming out on AT&T, we've seen images of that lately and there's rumors for a new Photon on Sprint which i think is pretty solid. T-Mobile definitely needs some Moto lovin' though. o:
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's probably an HDSA because Moto has no business changing the display type from the other phones in the Razr series.
18. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2875; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Motorola has been using pentile for over a year now so I would not be surprised if it was in fact SUPER AMOLED HD.
I would like SuperLCD2 like the ONE series uses but Motorola hasnt been using that at all.
11. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 791; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
When's the last time Moto actually had a decent camera on their phone? Yeah, probably the ZN5 they did with Kodak. Who cares about 13MP if the photo quality sucks. The Razr's camera was hardly impressive at all. Unless they've finally decided to take imaging seriously, I expect the same mediocre results from this.
14. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Any rumors to when the razr hd could come out?
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well with the idea that they're not using the OMAP5 and with all the rumors surrounding it lately i'd say this summer, maybe sooner rather than later. o:
17. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2875; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Either way I am fine with it being S4. S4 has proven time and time again to be not a step down but a fine replacement for terga 3 quad core, arguably better even.
yes I am also curious to see the next OMAP processor, but this is no longer the crapdragon era(thank god) so bring on the S4 devices.
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
eh, it's not bad but in the long scheme of things it'll eventually return to Crapdragon Status unless Samsung doesn't bring the Exynos5 to the States with LTE support in which case it'll just be between our old friends Qualcomm and Texas Instruments which TI would certainly win if these two companies' past are any indication.
16. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2875; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
"the Motorola DROID RAZR HD could turn out to be the most highly spec'd DROID of them all."
lol Alan I would certainly hope at the next Motorola Droid phone that is coming out to be the best spec'd. =P