Picture of the HTC Proto leaks
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2012, 18:25 posted on
Touted earlier as a refresh for the HTC One V, the low man on the HTC One totem pole, a picture of the HTC Proto was leaked out and the specs show a bump up from those gracing the HTC One V including the larger 4 inch display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Hah, that's HTC's terrible ROM coding at work...
Even if they put 4 GB of RAM in the device, it would still have issues.
14. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Ikr. The One X is beautiful, just fix that error, HTC... UGH.
15. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
I do know that AOSP ROMs don't have the issue at all, and that if a developer digs deep through HTC's ROM frameworks, they can remove the code that HTC added. There's code that limits the max number of apps that can run, and how long they can run in the background. It's pretty bad...
They probably should've just changed the OOM killer settings to kick in around 130 MB free memory left instead of going with a bunch of spaghetti code.
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I find the design for this very appealing. It would have been nice to have this as a high end smartphone, but eh hope htc comes back.
3. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why it looks like the desire V ?
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yeah it looks exactly as the desire v with even similar specs except that this time, the proto appears in black. Maybe this will even be more cheaper...
7. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
I almost thought that they made a mistake and it really was just going to be the Desire V....
10. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Only that it will not have V's s**tty processor, but a far more contemporary one
5. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Looks like beefed up HTC desire v minus the dual sim.
12. i_am_aman (Posts: 13; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
What about price cut, when they're gonna do that??
13. Cyan3boN (Posts: 444; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
if only it falls under the same price range of the desire v, this is going to be an instant hit.
16. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Looks good but, what's the point? HTC has already has high, mid and multiple low range phones on the market. Do they really need to make yet another phone. I though the whole point of the One series was to get rid of "loose-end" phone models like this and replace them with phones that use the easy to recognize name "One". So what's with these Wildfires, Incredibles and now Protos which breaks into the One series being more powerful then the One V. I don't get it. I like the phone though, is a big Wildfires or a small One S depending on how you look at it.