Picture of HTC EVO Shift 4G shows physical QWERTY, but no front facing camera
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Dec 2010, 22:43
Looking like a Sprint 4G version of the HTC Desire/G2/Merge, the HTC EVO Shift 4G offers a landscape sliding physical QWERTY keyboard but does not offer a front facing camera for video chats; when launched this will be the third 4G enabled device on the carrier's lineup...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nicksully23 posted on 12 Dec 2010, 08:50 2 0
isn't there one on the left side of the speaker at the top?
2. portal posted on 12 Dec 2010, 11:54 0 0
i think it's a camera there. as it is big enough. eventhough it's not officially yet...
4. bk13 (unregistered) posted on 12 Dec 2010, 13:13 0 0
The "camera" is the proximity sensor for the touch screen (most likely)
5. luis_lopez_351 posted on 12 Dec 2010, 13:35 0 0
if the phone is black/dark grey, why is the qwerty out line blue then its out line of the outline is grey and the fnt is yellow and track pad white??? HTC could of done way better but this showed they have no taste and are lazy hopefully they didnt do the same thing to its performance
7. corps1089 posted on 12 Dec 2010, 16:52 0 0
Function txt on keys in Sprint yellow.
htc has used blue backlit qwerty keyboards on the last 3 phones I have owned.
I suspect the qwerty keys are white on black and the photo lighting does not show this well [white on black is highest contrast I can think of].
I think the trackpad is useless so I have no thoughts on why it may be white...
6. smpdx posted on 12 Dec 2010, 16:04 0 0
Either way, it looks ridiculous.
If they are going to make a new Evo, it should look very similar, with no keayboard.
8. baldilocks posted on 12 Dec 2010, 20:13 0 0
The R O F L on the keypad are underlined and also written on the screen of the phone. Looks like a fake or someone having fun putting two phones together to me.
9. mr. droid posted on 13 Dec 2010, 00:59 0 0
yeah look at the sun on the screen. clearly says ROFL. this is not a real phone. its a fake. even if its not, what a waste of time by HTC to take am evo and slap a keyboard under it. not to mention the snap on cover.. looks like part of a droid2 to me by looking at the keyboard.
10. ant (unregistered) posted on 13 Dec 2010, 10:37 0 0
this is a fake!!
11. TechDork posted on 14 Dec 2010, 03:00 0 1
Has anyone realized that there is a case on that? lol.
12. ray up to di time (unregistered) posted on 15 Dec 2010, 15:12 0 0
dat would suck if its not a camera at da front