Picture of 5th-generation Apple iPad case shows slimmer body, thinner bezels
Apple iPad mini. It will have a sleeker, narrower design with thinner bezels on both sides of the display. Some other changes from the fourth-gen iPad include the relocation of the microphone from the top to the back of the device
Sound familiar? That is because earlier on Friday we passed along a rumor that the 5th-gen iPad will be launched in the third quarter of this year and will arrive with a re-design offering thinner bezels similar to the iPad mini, and a sleeker design. Amazing how two completely different sources can come up with the same information. Well, almost the same information. According to MiniSuit, the new iPad will launch in June.
source: MacRumors via AppleInsider
7. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I will believe these leaks 100% for sure....
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Ordered a dozen of it already :)
13. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Of iPad Mini and "Larger iPad Mini" or just the Mini?
4. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Yesterday we saw sgs4's casing. Now this.
5. Taters (Posts: 3532; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Xperia tablet Z design looks a lot better except for the tiny battery. Fix that and you got a winner Sony.
8. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Lets see what kind of update would apple give to the ipad 4 in terms of processing and display
9. nikenturd (unregistered)
Of course it'll come with an eternal dual core cpu + 1 gig.RAM....by the time APPLE introduces their first ever quad core device ( which will prolly be 5 years down the line) they will dub it as '' revolutionary'' and '' nothing like this exists in the market''....that's because everybody goes octa-core...
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Funny, when nvidia released 4+1 core chips, they don't call it penta core, but why exynos call 4+4 chips an octa core? Is this marketing trap?
14. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
And yet, Apple's device manage to be smoother and faster than the rest.
16. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Could the lack of multitasking help it manage that?
12. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1278; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Predictability will be Apple's greatest downfall.
20. quakan (Posts: 1215; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I just told my friend that yesterday. I was telling him I think Apple needs to skip the 5S and go straight into the 6 and innovate with iOS (it desperately needs it).
15. neurobiologist (Posts: 82; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Not yet assembled, but looks outdated already, as for me.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 12410; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
All this hate based off of a possible leaked case of a possibility of a possible design. What a bunch of fools, and Wendy how could you have already ordered a dozen of what doesn't even exist yet? Only KingKurogiii made any sense.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 12410; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol exactly. Even a thicker bezel would actually be a redesign, just an ugly one.