Picture leaked allegedly showing BlackBerry London packaging
0. phoneArena 27 Apr 2012, 10:59 posted on
BerryReview has just obtained a photo purportedly revealing the packaging that the first BlackBerry 10 handset will be resting in when put on sale; starting in Tuesday, BlackBerry Jam will begin in Orlando and 2,000 special developer handsets powered by BB10 are supposed to be handed out...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Looks pretty decent, still not getting my money.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5783; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I suspect the success or failure of the BB10 handsets will determine whether RIM remains in the handset business. I can't say I am impressed at this point. It still looks like RIM is stuck on technology that is 2 years old. Anything about LTE connectivity?
20. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 110; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Why not the OS looks amazing an functional if i had a windows phone i would switch to this
24. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Do you have any idea how popular these things would have to be to get any developer support? Its almost like trying to get developers on WP7 or blackberry 7, its nearly impossible because they aren't popular, It isn't the functionality that matters entirely, Its about the mix of software,hardware, and design to meld into one great device, and if nobody wants to develop for it well then there goes your software.
2. itiswhatitis (Posts: 422; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
I'll have to agree with kshell1 on that,like the design but......
11. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Exactly. A lot of Windows Phones have nice designs too and they're still having a hell of a time gaining market share. And while it looks nice, it's probably got last year's (if not 2010) technology on the inside and for the screen.
3. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Got to say...looks good and all but I don't think will be spending my money on this...
9. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I dont want to say, but why people like u have already made ur mind that u wont buy it without looking at its functionality, to my understanding this will have same OS as BB playbook.
I have bb playbook, it was priced $500, no one bought it wasreduced to $200 few people bought it, i was one of them.
I will say, i could be happier when i compared it to IPAD 2.
It is silky super smooth, grt performance and OS has amazing UI. it runs any thing as if its a joke... u know it has same processor what laggy kindle, nook andhttp://html5test.com/ has rated its browser to be best.
and not just html its flash performance is even better than any other mobile device, I own a galaxy s2 which runs flash like liquid... but u know playbook runs even better... BUT STILL PEOPLE WILL NOT BUY IT BCOZ THE FOLLOWING LIKE SHEEPS.. ATLEAST ONE SHOULD GO TO A STORE AND DO A HANDS ON BEFORE SAYING NO... only think i think playbook misses is major free apps, it has paid versions
15. Commentator (Posts: 2419; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
A lot of people passed up on the Playbook because it's too small.
5. Commentator (Posts: 2419; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Will PhoneArena be present at Blackberry Jam and, if so, what are the odds of getting a hands-on review of BB 10? Depending on what it looks like I might possibly consider looking into thinking about contemplating making a Blackberry my next phone... maybe...
6. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1284; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
The design looks nice and kind of refreshing. Wouldn't mind to get one to switch between phones. I do love BB's e-mail service.
7. pathmarkpolice (Posts: 102; Member since: 05 Feb 2009)
Looks great. I might buy it, but I'd want to wait and see what improvements RIM has made to the BB OS. Any idea if the Bold 9900 is getting the BB OS 10 upgrade? Would definitely rock one of those.
8. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Depending on the specs I may try this one.
Unless there are too many other awesome phones from other platforms coming out by then...
(it would look nicer if the black bezel was thinner though...)
10. Dameon (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
phone looks nice could be an interesting device
12. HugeTroller (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Who still use a BB today? Its a brick.
13. beefsupreme (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
It seems like everyone hates BB devices because its the cool thing to do, but this phone actually looks good. And the BB's that I've owned have been solid so I'm hopeful this had the same build quality.
17. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
The UI looks nice the phone is a little weird though...
18. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 110; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I like the design, but it takes more than good looks to get sales.
I hope BB 10 puts RIM back on the map though, the 8520 was my first smartphone and what got me hooked on stuff like this. I'd hate to see them fail.
19. locote (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
it all makes sense now....its a droidberry phone! a stock android cloak in some crap berry skin! this is the phone that was leak running bbm.... easy math if u dont believe look at the previous pic of an android running bbm... this is that phone!
22. HugeTroller (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
lmao who are you to say BB copied Android because Android stole them.
23. locote (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
umm i didnt said bb copied android i said that they took stock android and dressed it with bb
this phone reminds me of this one from previous leaks rumour to be an android phone running bbm....
as u can see this phone looks a lot like this one...
so they prob took stock android and skinned it with bb.....
btw i didnt said they copied it.......
25. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
looks like web os to me not thats a bad thing
26. BattleBrat (Posts: 1071; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Call me crazy, but, I would really like to play with this "London" phone, I find it intriguing. I found the HTC Titan 1 a windows phone to be a beautiful marriage of hardware and software (Darn Titan was smoother than the iPhone 4s I compared it to!), and with this London, I expect to find the same, Hope it comes to Verizon...
27. grif_ (Posts: 61; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
bb10 is based on QNX not android get your facts straight. just because the phone will be able to run android apps doesn't make it an android device. and QNX has been around longer than android.