Picture and video samples from the LG G2's 13MP snapper are outed
0. phoneArena 24 Aug 2013, 16:49 posted on
The LG G2 is one of the most anticipated Android handsets coming in the latter months of the year; besides the unique design of the handset, with the power and volume buttons placed on the back of the phone, the specs are pretty mouth-watering as well. That includes the 13MP camera on the rear of the device. With optical image stabilization and High Dynamic Range, the rear-facing camera on the LG G2 promises to take outstanding photographs and video...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HASHTAG (unregistered)
LG really did a fantastic job on the camera! One of the best smartphone cameras that I've seen to date!
24. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
for a 13 mp pictures came pretty nice but i think they can still make improvements on software and add more clarity to each pixels. pictures seems to lose sharpness as the auto ISO is interfering.
but for regular use. its pretty nice.
30. _Bone_ (Posts: 2138; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
More clarity? What? :)
Dude these are very impressive shots with great per pixel performance. There are no ISO issues either.
34. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
He is right. The pics are stunning but when zoomed, the edges are a bit soft. A close resemblance to G pro but significantly improved.
35. _Bone_ (Posts: 2138; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I hate over-sharpening, it's not natural. A clean photo that has some natural softness to the small details but everything is smooth and clean without processing or compressing artifacts is the best thing for the fan of photography. You can always saturate and sharpen yourself, but once "damage" is done, you can't un-process. Surprisingly even the Lumia 1020 overdoes it, some of the Octa-core S4 shots are the best I've seen taken by a phone, I suspect the Exmor RS here as well.
2. Pancoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Amazing pictures. The video is good, just a lot of wind interference.
29. _Bone_ (Posts: 2138; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Spectacular picture quality, my bet is a Sony Exmor RS sensor, and a newer one than the one in the Exynos S4. 60FPS is a little choopy but hey, it's pre-release.
BTW, the low-light samples taken inside the G2 announcement event are also very highly impressive.
The more input I get about the G2 the more impressed I am. My God if the Nexus 5 will be based on it, we'll be in for a treat!
5. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Dude up there is probably some sort of fan boy, those pictures are gorgeous
6. zig8100 (Posts: 140; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Nice pics and video. Please post some pics inside in low light and darkness. Video also.Also post video with loud music to see if it can pick up bass and highs without distorting or popping.
7. Pancoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Hahaha, you make me laugh. You do realize that PA didn't take these, and no other tech reviewer has gotten a review model. Someone got there hands on a G2 and decided to post these pics and videos :P
12. zig8100 (Posts: 140; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Why is that funny? I didn't ask who took the pics. I asked for different samples. Don't be a douche.
23. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
He is saying wait for the review buddy.. It's just a random fanboy wants to share his pictures and video.
9. philansel7 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
in photo number 5 !! is the cat that ugly of there's a problem with the camera ?
and in photo 4 the picture seems pixaleted ?
11. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its a problem with the photoviewer, in fullscreen its fine.
10. 007james (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
Those pictures are mighty nice. The video... It's ok.
13. papss (unregistered)
Wow those are very impressive pictures, detail is very nice. Video is okay though. Nice job LG!
14. jmonteiro829 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I was really looking forward to this phone coming out... the pics look nice... video doesn't come close to comparing to my Lumia 928. I know the specs say that it has OIS but not seeing it in the video. Seems herky jerky to me while moving. It's not a deal breaker but with what other manufacturers are putting in the phones for cameras I was hoping for better video. I may be a little biased though. Still like it.
25. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Yup, its a little bit shakey. But all in all, good capture. It's a start.. :)
15. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
The pictures are awesome. A little soft and saturated but still, eye catching. Good job LG. You really improved optimus g's camera. :D
16. lalalaman (Posts: 375; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
pics are great bt videos r ok...there is a lot of noise in them too
17. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Even as a self proclaimed techie, I have to admit as mobile tech matures the difference between last years top of the line and this years really isn't worth the upgrade. My 2 Cents.
19. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
the pics look real good. the cat pic looked like it has too much sharpening to it. when you take it to full screen and look at the cats fur you can see pixelation. the "video test sample 30fps" has stuter in it. especially at the last 5 sec of the video. the 60fps video looked good. that noise in the background is annoying though.
20. pocketdrummer (Posts: 20; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Why does auto-focus SUCK SO MUCH ON THESE NEWER PHONES!?
I'd rather have it focus on one thing too much and require user intervention than have it constantly zooming in and out throughout the entire video.
Still are fantastic though.
21. Feanor (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Fantastic camera for a smartphone, first time from an LG. I'd still go for the next Sony Honami because expensive design is important to me but I doubt it will beat this LG in the camera department despite it's 20MPX and G Lens tech. I think this G2 seems to be thenew cameraphone king under droids.
22. sergiobr (Posts: 432; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Thanks LG ! I don´t need to buy WP ANYMORE !!!! I´m passioned by photos, my target was Nokia 1020 , but now I have this WONDERFUL camera ! Take my money , great job !!!!
28. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1161; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
yep in 60fps the quality degrades. cam is good.
i always choose lg than samsung phones.
31. Cod3rror (Posts: 61; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
If you look at daylight images at 100%, they look like oil painted. I wonder if OIS and night improvements have anything to do with this. Because Nokia's night focused Lumias exhibit the same behaviour, daylight images look like oil paintings.
32. k.elbullock (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
these are really good photos although i don't think they are astonishing, but they're still good
36. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 863; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Good but oversharpened photos... Same playing field as GS4. Someone needs to grow a sack and put a xenon flash in their phone.
37. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2822; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
First time ever great improvement in camera by LG...
Gosh!!! These pics are so lovely and awesome, better than S4.