Picture allegedly reveals LG G3 nestled in a case
Other rumored specs include a 5.5 inch screen, a Snapdragon 801 CPU, 16MP camera, a 3000mAh battery and an IPX7 water and dust resistant rating. The phone will compete in a crowded high-end market with the HTC One (M8) and the Samsung Galaxy S5. Keep in mind that this could be a photoshopped fake, so take this with a grain of salt and keep a cynical eye on the story. If this is indeed the LG G3, we are getting a good look at the new Optimus UI that will debut on the phone.
The latest reports out of Korea have LG already starting production of the phone with a goal of shipping 10 million units.
Thanks for the tip!
source: Ortud.com, GforGames via GSMArena
1. azers07 (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
Even G2 and G pro 2 are at least on par and in some criterias smoke out S5 and M8... it will be a good phone (other than UI)
21. AnukulVcool (unregistered)
No! and let it even release
24. AnTuTu (Posts: 1307; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Yes it will be a very good phone but not one of the best.
Just wait & watch for Note 4 :)
26. PBXtech (Posts: 1024; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
It'll be one of the best. The best? Who knows.
3. latinlegend (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
this looks photoshoped. if you look closely at the rear view it looks like the phone is facing straight while the case is at an angle and it looks real pixelated around the camera and flash. Also on the front view close to the bezels you can tell that its two different tones.
7. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
yeah thats what I thought too. if you compare this to the LG G3 MOCKUP the back and front looks exactly the same. The only exception is that this one has the plastic protection coat.
Nevertheless it's going to be an awesome phone. Looking forward to it!!
10. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Plus if you look closely the back buttons are different from the ones that were leaked on Twitter
27. 3rdDegree (Posts: 209; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Actually they do look similar, this is just like a cartoonish version of them
29. 3rdDegree (Posts: 209; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Actually I'd say this is a fake picture because LG usually the back buttons and camera as one entire piece, i.e together in a small frame. I know because I have the G2 and the G Pro 2.
4. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
man it looks great..... and I really like there ui too,clean and simple.....
30. papss (unregistered)
Agreed.. I love the shape of what appear s to be the g3 and really love The way the buttons appear
33. Diezparda (Posts: 335; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
more useful, if only they add pen feature it would be perfect
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Man why people use such ugly cases. I love my gadget naked and slim.
11. AtheK (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
The UI Pic looks like it is photoshopped, see the borders, no phone will emit so much light from borders.
12. Reeyawn (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
If thats the real thing then I wish that LG also brings that UI to the G2. But knowing LG...it might just be wishful thinking or it might take years.lol
17. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Exactly what I'm hoping for. I hope those software tweaks come to the predecessor. The G2 is still an amazing device. The G3 specs aren't a huge bump for me. I don't care much for the UHD display, or the other processor speed bumps. 5.5" is too much for me as well. Even the G2 has crossed my comfort limit from 5". At least the G2 is the smallest of the 5"+ phones out there and still king in that regard.
I do think waterproofing is a great idea for the G3 and 3gb RAM. G2 is more than fast enough, I just need more RAM to hold even more apps in memory so as to resume from where I left off.
19. AtheK (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
true, but guess lot of those UI changes look like just icon change. We can do a lot of tweaking using Nova.
25. Mreveryphone (Posts: 100; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Please bring that weather widget from the flex to the G3, that thing is beautiful!
13. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
My S4 looks better than this piece of garbage.
14. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
bcuze its in case myfriend dont be fanboy...
18. npaladin2000 (Posts: 165; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Hate the thought of a rear speaker. Otherwise, take my money.
22. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Throw an SD 805 processor in there and I'm upgrading from my G2.
Impressive! Looks like they managed to keep the same size as the G2 and increase screen size.
23. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
A smaller battery than the G2 with a quad display, I'll pass. Also if the buttons are already that small and ugly I can only imagine what Verizon will do to them
28. 3rdDegree (Posts: 209; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
These aren't the official specs! Just wait and see.
31. Diezparda (Posts: 335; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Okay it's not the best looking phone, still it's worthy to be called best flagship phone for 2014 based on G2 and because it was released later than the other. The only worthy opponent for G3 is Galaxy Note 4.
32. jcj5884 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Mar 2014)
Please have an S805!! But something tells me it wont :(