Pick up the Nokia Lumia 520 from Best Buy for $49.99; deal is good for today only
0. phoneArena 20 Apr 2014, 13:47 posted on
The Nokia Lumia 520 is the most popular Windows Phone model in the world. The value priced handset will be updated to Windows Phone 8.1 despite sporting just 512MB of RAM and a dual-core 1GHz CPU. On Easter Sunday, Best Buy is offering a special deal. You can pick up the Nokia Lumia 520 for only $49.99, lock, stock and barrel...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
lol They deleted the Loch Ness article :D
2. Finalflash (Posts: 1982; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
No its still there, it's just tough to find, try using an iPhone with Apple maps.
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It seems since last Thanksgiving, there has been a blowout sale of the Nokia 520 every other weekend. And yet there are still more to be sold. Just how many of these phones are sitting in Microsoft Mobile warehouses? There must be huge warehouses full of 520s that are keeping the 525 away from the US.
4. Liveitup (Posts: 1730; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Keep selling the Lumia 520 at these price points between this and the 525 budget devices never had it this good, before budget devices were cheap and crappy now these devices redefined budget smartphones, cheap but quality.
5. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Would this work on Net10, or is it locked to GoPhone
7. hurrycanger (Posts: 1411; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Not until you unlock it.
I've heard that the Lumia 520 had issue with heating while the 521 didn't. So yeah, just get the 521. You can go to eBay and get a used like-new-condition Lumia 521 for $50.
9. Gemmol (Posts: 621; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
no issues, my mother and father who have the 520 had no heating issues. who ever had those issues just had a bad build I think, not all people who buy the same phone have the same issues
10. hurrycanger (Posts: 1411; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Yeah. Maybe just bad built units.
Though I didn't say "a few units". Many people (in a specific country) got that issues. CellphoneS, a big phone retailer over there made a review on the 520 and stated that it got so hot you could make an omelet with it. xD.
But anyway, I'm glad you were here to confirm you got no heating issues with the 520.
8. Gemmol (Posts: 621; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
you need the tmobile version the 521, same exact phone but works on tmobile
12. hurrycanger (Posts: 1411; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
and also longer.
(This is critical when you buy a case or screen protector, lol.)
11. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Thanks for the advice. I wanted to pick up a cheap WP to try out the OS since I have only had android phones.
13. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I suggest you pick the Lumia 525 which has more RAM & doesn't cost much more.
14. Hector (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Aug 2008)
I just got one of these phones from Microsoft and it came with a case for free. I only bought it cause I am interested in getting a windows phone but didnt want to buy a full price phone until i knew that i would like it. I am oredered the Nokia Icon i have the iPhone 5 now, i think i am gonna like the window OS