Photoshop magic brings a clearer picture of the Samsung Nexus Prime
1. android_hitman posted on 06 Oct 2011, 06:46 6 1
Now this is generating HYPE not iPhone 4S :)
16. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:50 6 1
Exactly, this looks like a piece of art. This is a true mixture of art meets technology. It's a very sexy looking device. Samsung is on fire & is taking the mobile design to another level. Samsung makes great components, but are implementing those components it in avant-garde ways! Thus the Google Nexus Prime!
35. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:00 1 0
I hear this Google Nexus Prime will have some metal. Again I could be wrong but that is what "they" are saying!
36. remixfa posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:02 2 0
i know its not gonna happen, but i thought that metallic render of the nexus1 look alike for the prime was sexy. I dont really care..if it has exynos 1.5ghz and ICS im sold.. period..lol
44. bobnnate posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:30 0 0
the body apparently has a metal chasis
42. amoled + (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:26 0 0
my dear friend that SAMSUNG plastic on galaxy S2 is made up of carbon FIBER and is so damn flexible it wont break even if u fold it like a paper....
Now dats piece of art...........
29. Firedrops posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:47 0 0
I suspect that the upcoming D-C 1.5GHzs are going to destroy the iPhone 5.
3. Timothy87 (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 06:57 0 0
That screen is huge! It's over a Hand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_(unit)); more than a third of a foot! Wow.
What's next... a screen a seventh of a yard big?!
18. roldefol posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:57 0 1
I'm still getting used to phones bigger than one decicubit.
52. vu2ikl posted on 06 Oct 2011, 10:28 0 0
i agree.. i find 4' screen size to be apt. it fits comfortably in hand and is big enough. though SE arc and htc sensation has worked hard to increase the size of screen to 4.2' and yet keep the same size of 4' phone..sammy has kept increasing the vertical growth of phone.
but that again is a personal taste.
54. roldefol posted on 06 Oct 2011, 10:57 0 0
Agreed. I think newer HTC devices like the Sensation, EVO 3D and Vigor are the perfect size - they kept the width of a 4" screen but stretched it to full 16:9. Others prefer fatter phones like the EVO and Thunderbolt. Another matter of taste. At least we have options!
26. Shape (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:31 1 0
Yes, because of the banana shape.
37. remixfa posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:03 2 0
so, are cases for it going to be called..
banana hammocks? :) :) :)
5. Droid_X_Doug posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:00 0 0
Unveiling is not the same as being available for purchase.... I hope this is available for purchase in the U.S. sooner than it took for the GSII.
11. protozeloz posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:19 0 0
Its a Nexus, fist country they are available is US
22. tech-head posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:14 1 0
Really? Awesome. I don't know why I thought it would be overseas first. Hope it comes to AT&T soon!!!!!
38. remixfa posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:05 0 0
rumor is VZW is getting some kind of exclusivity.. which at this point i doubt.. or at least hope not. Tmo has launched every nexus thus far so i doubt they will be left out in the cold for launch. Sprint will want it asap.. hopefully ATT has learned their lessons and sells it right away too instead of waiting till its nearly irrelevant like last time.
45. bobnnate posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:32 0 0
everyone except verizon wont be getting the pone until later.thts why verizon doesnt has an s2 device is so it can gain exclusivity for the nexus for some time
55. roldefol posted on 06 Oct 2011, 10:58 0 0
Even if it's only 3 months exclusivity, that gets them through the holiday sea$on.
6. whoknows (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:07 0 0
It doesn't look like the hump at the top and bottom is part of the phone. Heard someone say there will be a tablet it will dock into similar to the Asus Padfone. We can only hope...
7. Apple Conspiracy (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:10 0 0
Photoshoped image shows that screen is far less curved than video suggested, because of extended glowing line that emphasized it. This is pretty good curvature, maybe more than Nexus S but not too much, just the right amount.
8. Knicknevin posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:11 0 0
*crossing my fingers whispering* "Verizon...Verizon...Verizon..."
10. oddmanout posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:19 0 0
you don't need to wish/hope... If the rumors hold true (which they are looking quite so), it will be exclusive to verizon as the droid prime.
40. remixfa posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:06 0 0
concidering how many iphone rumors proved to be crap, i wouldnt put too much stock in nexus rumors just to keep from getting your hopes too high, lest we end up with our own "Iphone4S" drama
19. remixfa posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:59 4 2
no, then it wouldnt have access to exynos 2nd gen chips nor super amoled HD, which are the 2 stand out features of this phone other than ICS. Noone comes close to samsung when it comes to tech advancements.
24. dacastrator posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:19 1 2
yea you're right, i just based my thoughts on the nexus one and nexus s.. never heard any major issues with the nexus one and nexus s is a dissapointment..
30. remixfa posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:47 1 1
lol, no phone is perfect, not a nexus, not an iphone. its all luck of the draw from when it rolls off the factory floor if yours is gonna have issues or not.. lol sad but true.
43. dacastrator posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:26 0 0
i got your point. i work for sprint. samsung epic 4g, and nexus s has a lot of problems in both software and cellular.. and it even looks like the galaxyS2 epic touch 4g are having issues too.. im talking about signal receptions.. a lot of customers are complaining. and this is the reason why im not buying any samsung products.
46. Murfpass posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:41 0 0
Same here. I work at Sprint and have had lots of complaints about the SGSII has lots of reception issues. And data speeds are super slow compared to phones like the 3d or the photon.
33. stillthisguy posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:57 0 1
Nexus one was made by HTC.
41. dacastrator posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:15 0 0
you sound so dumb dude. read before you post.
56. roldefol posted on 06 Oct 2011, 11:02 0 0
2.0 Droid by Motorola
2.1 Nexus One by HTC
3.0 Xoom by Motorola
2.3 Nexus S by Samsung
4.0 Nexus Prime by Samsung
...probably the next one will be back to Motorola
Just depends on who takes the contract and who has the right hardware.
12. protozeloz posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:20 0 0
I'm still wondering about whats on the side of the device, is it for charging? docking? will be something new?
15. DarkOdyssey posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:34 0 0
I don't think it's for docking...not enough pins. Possibly charging, but then it has one too many pins. My first thought when I saw it was maybe a button-less volume adjustment. Imagine you just drag your finger along them (kind of like a wheel, but no moving parts). That's probably not the case, but just a thought.
20. remixfa posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:59 0 0
that would be very neat dark, but im pretty sure its just a chargin/syncing doc of some sort.
47. Murfpass posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:42 0 0
When I first saw it, I thought it might be something like a buttonless camera button where you can slide your finger left and right to zoom in and out
14. rob (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:23 0 0
that hump at bottom is just like the hump on the samsung infuse houses the speaker.
that actually helps nicely in "hug" my finger to better rest phone in hand. also that slight protrusion at other end is probably the camera . as is the same on my samsung infuse
17. Apple Conspiracy (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 07:52 0 0
That hump appears on most Samsung smartphones (and Nexus S for that matter) which have plastic body because its main purpose is to reduce the surface of the phone that touches the surface of table or whatever it is on which the phone is placed. Every "bumb" has very slim line as "peak" of surface, so it doesn't get scratched over time. Metal-bodied phones don't need this, and of course every phone that has some kind of scratch-resistant coating and surface (like iPhone 4).
However, Nexus Prime will, as far as rumors are concerned, be with metal back, so the only purpose the hump has is to level it with the surface it stands on, to prevent swinging due to curved line of the phone.
21. remixfa posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:01 0 0
or to house important things like the antenna and speakers since being so thin doesnt leave you much room for that in other places, unless you wanna be like the iphone and have it loop around the outside and have singal interference all the time from your hand.
25. Mike S (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:22 0 0
'Love the shape.. I hope it to comes to market soon. I am up for a contract renewal in May of next year. That's when I can get a new phone heavily discounted. Hopefully it will be ready by then.
27. cristhiansaid posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:35 0 0
mmmm jummm I don't like the design, is almost similar like Samsung galaxy S2. I want something different....and more thin and light lol :)
28. andro. posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:40 2 0
this is everything the iphone 4s could and should be,ice cream sandwich then to top it off,will be huge success
31. remixfa posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:49 2 0
i love the surf board design. you call it banana, but it looks just like a surf board. Surfin the net at super speed. :)
I really hope there is no real exclusivity window with VZW. It wouldnt make a lot of sense to me anyways if they are really trying to put this thing head to head with the ip4s, they need to have it everywhere as soon as possible. everywhere including my pockets! lol
48. Striker (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:53 0 2
First - it's samsung, second it runs on android. No, thanks :)
49. Striker (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:53 0 2
First - it's samsung, second it runs on android. No, thanks :)
50. InspectorGadget80 posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:59 0 0
I SO WANT THIS SO BADLY NOW! AND I DON'T HAVE VERIZON!!!
51. motu (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 10:26 0 0
1280 x 720 at 4.65" = 315.83 ppi density.
Retina display achieved.
57. roldefol posted on 06 Oct 2011, 11:04 0 0
Almost. PenTile brings the (sub)pixel density down a bit. Will look like somewhere between 250-300 ppi.
58. gallitoking posted on 06 Oct 2011, 11:30 0 0
well no exynos ... no 8 mp camera.. talk all you want about mp but a device should have the 8 mp camera... 1 gig or ram... so please tell me again how this device will blow the ihone 4s out of the water again?... lucky it wasnt the iphone5 or ... consider your self lucky... we will see you guys back in October 12.
60. cncrim posted on 06 Oct 2011, 13:21 0 0
I think you can google some more on Camera..... how it is work and what make a good camera..... it's not just about MP but how well the camera take picture. And I hope Prime not fail me with the 5MP.
61. gallitoking posted on 06 Oct 2011, 13:59 0 0
then why most people were expecting a 12 mp camera... but ok... cant believed you guys are drooling over the side onf a phone.. at least be reasonable and look at a complete picture.,... is Samsung.. is full of plastic...
59. cncrim posted on 06 Oct 2011, 13:16 0 0
Now that's innovation, curve glass however Samsung should make the phone less plastic please special high end phone.