Photos taken with Nokia Lumia 920 and 1020 went on exhibit in New York City gallery
0. phoneArena 10 Mar 2014, 20:32 posted on
A group of mobile photographers, known as We Are Juxt, has been on a mission to show just how wide...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That looks very cool. may be should have a CELL PHONE PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT
4. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
too much of Marketing :D
still nothing can replace High End Compact Digital Camera's or DSLR
12. znellu (Posts: 74; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
They're talking about mobile photography and not about smartphone cameras replacing High End Compact Digital Cameras or DSLRs :D
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
My 920 still takes better pictures than most of these newer high end smartphones..
7. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Do you have a 920, or does anyone you know have one?
14. android_hitman (unregistered)
i have one, it's not that great. I also own an SGS4 and NOTE3 and they take better pictures day and night despite the missing OIS.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is where I'd have to agree... Pre 2013? Yes. Post 2012? No. G2, Note 3 and iPhone 5S perform above the 920. The 1020 is in a league of its own.
9. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
It's definitely not as good as the 1520.. I have both.. But, it takes much better video than the 1520...
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Well of course. The 1520 with Zeiss lens is untouchable. Even Sony can't match the quality. Couple that with the software behind Nokia, it's a home run. I really want to see how the 16MP ISOCELL camera on the S5 compares against the 1520 in all honesty.
11. lalalaman (Posts: 469; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Well I have heard it has some software issues which makes the video grainy at night, an update should fix that, overall 1520 is a beast.but 920 also is known for its camera u know=)....it blows away its league like iphone5, Samsung s3 and htc one x..........also the video recording is excellent the 1080p is a real 1080p unlike others:D
13. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Sony does not needs to prove itself in Photography
They are masters in professional
Its all fault goes to Software optimization in mobile
If nokia launched any compact camera with zeiss they can never match Sony or Nikon
Better try to respect a brand which was.established more than your age ago
Even Steve jobs admired Sony
17. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
and dont forget some Zeiss lens are made by Sony
and their high end Compact uses ZEISS
still Nikon's 1 inch cant beat Sony's RX100 (UnBeatable)
which was Awarded Best invention of Year
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My comment still stands. Zeiss is still better than Exmor RS and everyone can agree on that.
18. papss (unregistered)
Why do their phones lack in overall quality then? They are hit or miss at best. Sony should be worried about going belly up
19. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Why are they praised in professional Camera's??
20. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Why sony made lenses are being used in mostly all flagships??
Because other manufacturers have good software optimization than Sony's
21. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
sony should not be worried in proff. camera department as they are doing excellent in that rather than Mobile camera
all they need to do is optimize a good compression and improved software optimization
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because they're terrible with software. Plain and simple.