Photo leaks of the Nokia Lumia 928, heading to Verizon
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2013, 23:58 posted on
Serial leaker @evleaks has released a picture of what is allegedly the Nokia Lumia 928 aka "Laser" for Verizon Wireless; this is the Verizon/CDMA version of the Nokia Lumia 920 with a sleek aluminum body instead of the usual polycarbonate casing, and a previous leak revealed that the device will be offered in four colors, White, Red, Cyan and Blue...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. asingha94 (Posts: 266; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
No doubt it will be the best windows phone...wishing better camera with better megapixels..!!!gooxluck nokia!!
24. Cammo (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Blackberry 10 Outsells wp in USA and the UK .......
26. Billy33 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
In phone arenas camera test
Samsung and Iphone has the best cameras.....
35. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Excuse me have you seen the Nokia lumias photos in low light....amazing and it beats the iPhone hands down on all other sites...
64. iushnt (Posts: 461; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I know nokia takes good lowlight pics but I won't prefer it just for optical stabilization and low light.. As a smartphone it really has low feature..
38. papss (Posts: 3393; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Philly I mean billy if you knew anything about this sites lumia you would know that theirs doesn't have that very important update.. Stop reaching with your fanboyism
42. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Why Android flagships don't have branded lense and xenon flash not even one?
65. iushnt (Posts: 461; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Why wp flagship doesn't have usb on the go, torrent client, file manager, good sales, etc
47. sbw44 (Posts: 294; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Dude please! that test was done by one of the biggest Nokia haters writing on this site! Every other site praises Nokia's camera but only here it gets mediocre shots! Amazing how that guy can rig the 920 so that it gets such ugly shots and make if it was on normal settings!
48. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Its the truth, don't be in denial!
66. iushnt (Posts: 461; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
So if it's rated good then the website is good otherwise the website is biased? 920's camera cannot compete in daylight situations.. It couldn't win in blind camera test either.. Group, if your preferred device doesn't win then it doesn't mean that the comparison is biased.
34. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Sorry were did you get that from because that is wrong. You cannot say a single phone which has only been out 3 months is beating a whole fleet of phones. Get your facts right
60. akki20892 (Posts: 2656; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Same stuff like NL920 have. And little differences between NL920 - 10.2mm thick, 133mm tall, 68.9mm wide, OLED screen.
2. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh boy Camera with Xenon flash. Good luck with the Lumia, Nokia!
25. Billy33 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Still a brick, like 920 thick and Heavy with old specs
Nokia have the biggest bezels out there.
29. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, the 920 is thick and heavy, plus BULKY. But this 928 aren't released yet, how could you say that?
84. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 947; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Coz Billy is a bot, and a stupid one at that ;o)
36. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Have you seen the bezels on the Z10 recently?
37. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
As opposed to all other phones who are err spaced as circles and triangles....dude all other phones are the same shape and 136g isn't heavy. But hey I suppose you know more than me about a device which hasn't even come out yet...I'm looking at the specs given stop the blind hatred.
49. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Thats right, huge big and thick and a plastic phone weighing 180Grms, wTf yea if it was Nokias fine craftmanship 8800 ARTE well that's ok. Cause the Nokia8800 weights at 150Grms™
Carring this in your trousers will feel really heavyyyyyyyyyyyy™
55. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well defentely tells you being lifting someone balls and now unable to cary any more then 120gm using both hands weeklings
61. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 947; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL isn't used to carrying much in his trousers...but let's leave that discussion alone ;o)
63. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No if it was Nokias 8800 Arte series weighing even at 200Grms I would love that, a prestige feel and touch, not frickn plastic™
My beloved one and only 8800 Arte pride and joy®
Nokia are making fail products, look at the Lumia fail!
All these were a major big hits, and I have bought all of those phones then
Since eflop took over Nokia are dustbin know
75. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
n8-took other companys 3 years to catch up to its camera
808-king of camera phones
920- bought nokia back to the general audience (808 was a niche device) and runs head to head with all current flagships for day to day use
the only difference is your getting more in the camera department then any other company with the smooth os. octacore etc all bragging rights that arent needed thanks to a more optimised os
you talk crap basically, plus the n96 wasnt a big hit or the the n97.
hush now baby troll
4. Penny (Posts: 988; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Lol I was literally going to go pick up the Blackberry Z10 tomorrow because I was tired of waiting for a flagship Lumia on Verizon, and all other rumors today had been pointing to a late June-early July release. Sigh, I guess I'll give it one or two more weeks to see if any new information comes up.
I wish somebody would just make an official announcement already so I don't have to torture myself.
9. Hemlocke (unregistered)
The Z10 is a great phone. BB is still light on apps, but the OS is fantastic.
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5281; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If I had to choose a new OS to learn, I would take a shot with WP8 before I tried the Z10 OS. I was recently at a Verizon store and tried using the Z10 demo unit. I stopped after about 5 attempts to exit the demo program that was running.
17. Penny (Posts: 988; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Geez, what exactly in my post garnered 7 thumbs down already?
Anyway, @Hemlocke yeah I'm a huge proponent of having good core functionality and I don't use a ton of apps, which explains why my interest in the Z10 was so high. I really do appreciate that OS.
@Doug, I checked the Z10 at my local Verizon store as well. There's a button on the bottom that says "Exit Demo," so it should be easy enough to find if you want to give it another try. Either way, I'd recommend watching a video or two first so you know how to navigate the OS and can get more out of your demo experience.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5281; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Penny, I tried the Exit Demo button but it didn't register my press/click. If the OS gets confused running a BB demo program, how is it going to respond in the 'real' world?
The Z10 was a real let down. And I was a former BB owner (Curve 8330 and 3 earlier BBs before the 8330). If you are looking for a better camera, you should see what the L928 has to offer. Everything I have read about the Z10s camera is underwhelming.
After my short experience with the Z10, I am done with BB.
22. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Eh, the unit that I used was pretty good. I found it much better than a friends S3 for the time I used it. The only let-down is the design and materials used.
43. Hemlocke (unregistered)
I've had my Z10 for a little more than a week, and I have been quite impressed with the OS. I'm a first-time BB user, but I have had quite a few Android flagship, iPhones, and three WP phones. I'm not sure I will ever look at those three A's BB10 peers again. Android is just broken and slow, by comparison, and iOS and WP lack the horsepower.
14. Kreft (Posts: 81; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
If you can hold off for a bit I'd def go with wp over bb.
18. Penny (Posts: 988; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Well, that's kinda the thing. I much prefer Nokia's hardware over BlackBerry's and am willing to wait for that, but I've been using Windows Phone 7/7.8 for almost two years now and am getting kind of bored with it. It's still just as good as it always was (WP8 is even a bit better, actually), but I really like BB10's take on what a smartphone OS should be focused on. If the Z10 had a comparable camera to a Nokia and better battery life, I would 100% go with the Z10 this time around.
5. amats69 (Posts: 827; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Oh another good looking device! Good luck Nokia! One thing I like on Nokia is their maps and navigation.
67. iushnt (Posts: 461; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Same design since n9..You know why people aren't bored of this design because only few buy this..
72. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
Brick covered by tiles from the top is a good combination for flooring not for a smartphone ;-)
6. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
what about the screen size? hope it stretches to 4.8 to 5 inches with higher density pixel about 600ppi
33. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 660; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
nokia already late in dual core competition and its quad core era (octa in case of samsung) and you start dreaming a Full HD screen from Nokia....
41. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 764; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
that's where your wrong it doesn't matter if it's dual core or quadcore or even single core as long as the performance is good i could have an os programmed by 2 guys that is crappy and buggy running on quadcore and it will still be slow and buggy on the other uand i could have a nicely programmed os that will run extremely smoothly
examples: MeeGo runs extremely smoothly on my n9
wp7/8 both run on 90fps on dual core while android on quad-core and ios on dual core run on 60fps
70. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Boom, that makes perfect sense. All these android phones sporting quad and octo core processors. Windows Phone, MeeGo and iOS need dual core to run as fast, or even faster.
78. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 660; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
every good OS nokia is leaving just for a siht OS called WP......... at least nokia could give us a meego ...... meego was a good OS
80. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
bet you havent even tried wp8, all people like you do is senseless closed minded hate
get over it, wp8 is growing and gives people another choice instead of just android or ios
sure meego was promising but move on stop living in the past. besides you dont know what makes a successful business.
82. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 660; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i really tried WP, iOS, Meego, symbian (use too much) And android .............
WP is limited
iOS is restricted
meego is no more
symbian is dead
Android is my priority
7. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1037; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Sorry but the design does not impress me. Too much bezel and just bland looking. I've seen so much better from Nokia.
8. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Love the new camera flash design, looks sleeker and sexier.
10. Taters (Posts: 2368; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Anything that isn't a brick is a HUGE improvement over the 920.
16. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Anyone who tells 185g heavy and 10.7mm thick rectangle qualifies as a brick needs to work on their physique. Anything that comes out of your mouth not bashing anything not samsung is a huge achievement.
12. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 764; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
noice nokia i love the flash and design looks nice overall
13. maverick786us (Posts: 116; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
I was expecting Nokia to release a real competitor for Galaxy S4. Its not HD, its not quad core Its not 5 inch. Its no way close to S4 :(
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Windows Phone doesnt need that much to run, even iPhone 5 is still running duo core processor. Only those on Android cares so much about specs in pure numbers. A midrange windows phone's default IE browser itself is faster than the quad core Exynos variant of Galaxy S3.
The specs upgrade to quad core will only happen for the next generation of windows phone devices due out this Oct-December.
20. taikucing (unregistered)
That's because WP apps don't run on Java. Quad cores & its computation power don't say sh*t.
I hope Google will make the android apps run natively on the OS just like the other Linux & Unix based OS (iOS, BB10, ubuntu, Tizen, etc.), not using Java. Just my hope...
69. iushnt (Posts: 461; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
It's also because wp8 isn't as powerful as android.. It does so much less than android..
77. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your such a fanboy
symbian can do pretty much everything android can on a single core
whats your response to that
81. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Symbian will lag when using Flash Player 11
Live widgets lag
Running more than 10 Apps will lag, due to stingy Ram they put on Symbian
Camera will lag
Opening large files lag
Highend games lag crap gpu
Ovi store lag takes to long to open
S60 slow buggy
Developes and writers are fed up with nokia symbian no longer advocate this crpy slow outdated cpu gpu scrap
The list continues...™