Phones with the new LTE Snapdragon chipset to be as fast as Xbox 360 or PS3 in 2012
0. phoneArena 18 Nov 2010, 03:25 posted on
Qualcomm clarified the roadmap for its new Snapdragon chipsets made with the 28nm process. The fourth generation will be five times more powerful than the first, and will have just a quarter of the energy consumption...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Rane718 (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Oct 2010)
Faster yes, but were will all the heat generated by the chip go?
3. skymitch89 (Posts: 1159; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
It's a smaller chip that uses less power so there won't be as much heat as the current chips.
4. skymitch89 (Posts: 1159; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
And by the time these come out in phones/tablets, there will be something about 5x more powerful than these. It'll be interesting to see if they can actually produce the same level of graphics as a PlayStation 3 or an X-Box 360.
5. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I am from the future. What the article says is true. If you see a user named Taco50, then give him a thumbs down on everything he says.