Phones in 2012: the year in numbers
0. phoneArena 19 Dec 2012, 08:57 posted on
The world is a huge place, but there is one thing nearly all of it has in common - cell phones. In 2012, nearly 94% of all people…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Firedrops (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
That means that the number stated counts people with multiple subscriptions as only one entry.
e.g. Mr Smith has a phone contract in Canada, and concurrently one in USA. It is counted as only one.
6. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Sounds like Mr. Smith has an iPhone and,
since one iPhone equals ½ a regular Smartphone, two halves make a whole. Maybe Mr. Smith should go to Washington and seek fairer legislation to better account for his partial statistics so he's not forevermore considered incomplete??
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hahaha good humor lol
18. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
A unique Mobile user is me!!! DUHH!!!!?!!!!
3. johnnh (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
unique person, in most developed countries they are 5 phones per person
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3605; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Everything in billions and counting...wow!!
5. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
How does this study factor and quantify the Trillions of iPhone users around the world who can only use wi-fi and, therefore, do not have Mobile Subscriptions because they only use mobile hotspots set up by 3rd parties?
14. Commentator (Posts: 3654; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
iPhones can definitely use cellular data. I actually know a lot of people with iPhones that also have mobile subscriptions.
I can't believe that you don't know this. Granted, it's possible that you're being sarcastic, but that's pretty hard to believe since nobody is ever sarcastic on the internet.
7. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 973; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Incredible :o quite scary how far the mobile phone has come in the last decade, yet so many companies just dont get how crucial it is to gain an understanding and skills in digital marketing, especially for mobile.
8. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Only two days left and "2012" film will be moved to comedy genre.
10. rupeshwar (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Human population . . . . . . . . . 7.1 Billion
That includes kids too. So Mobile subscriptions per capita must be more.
11. The_Innovation (Posts: 603; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Quite a way to keep check on everyone. We have made it easy for them ;)
12. adnankhan (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Interesting statistics. I was hoping the article would give the numbers of each kind of phones sold this year.
13. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Just 81% of people use their phones for voice calls
Why do the others own them? To check the time?
16. Commentator (Posts: 3654; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well yeah, you can get a cell phone for about the same price as a cheap watch these days.