Phones in 2012: the year in numbers
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Dec 2012, 08:57
The world is a huge place, but there is one thing nearly all of it has in common - cell phones. In 2012, nearly 94% of all people…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Firedrops posted on 19 Dec 2012, 09:18 7 0
That means that the number stated counts people with multiple subscriptions as only one entry.
e.g. Mr Smith has a phone contract in Canada, and concurrently one in USA. It is counted as only one.
6. Cynipap999 (banned) posted on 19 Dec 2012, 09:33 1 12
Sounds like Mr. Smith has an iPhone and,
since one iPhone equals ½ a regular Smartphone, two halves make a whole. Maybe Mr. Smith should go to Washington and seek fairer legislation to better account for his partial statistics so he's not forevermore considered incomplete??
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 19 Dec 2012, 16:39 0 0
hahaha good humor lol
18. Nadr1212 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 21:12 0 0
A unique Mobile user is me!!! DUHH!!!!?!!!!
3. johnnh posted on 19 Dec 2012, 09:22 0 0
unique person, in most developed countries they are 5 phones per person
5. Cynipap999 (banned) posted on 19 Dec 2012, 09:29 1 3
How does this study factor and quantify the Trillions of iPhone users around the world who can only use wi-fi and, therefore, do not have Mobile Subscriptions because they only use mobile hotspots set up by 3rd parties?
14. Commentator posted on 19 Dec 2012, 13:02 1 0
iPhones can definitely use cellular data. I actually know a lot of people with iPhones that also have mobile subscriptions.
I can't believe that you don't know this. Granted, it's possible that you're being sarcastic, but that's pretty hard to believe since nobody is ever sarcastic on the internet.
7. Tsepz_GP posted on 19 Dec 2012, 09:36 1 1
Incredible :o quite scary how far the mobile phone has come in the last decade, yet so many companies just dont get how crucial it is to gain an understanding and skills in digital marketing, especially for mobile.
8. Thephonegeek posted on 19 Dec 2012, 09:37 2 0
Only two days left and "2012" film will be moved to comedy genre.
10. rupeshwar posted on 19 Dec 2012, 10:37 0 0
Human population . . . . . . . . . 7.1 Billion
That includes kids too. So Mobile subscriptions per capita must be more.
11. The_Innovation posted on 19 Dec 2012, 10:37 1 0
Quite a way to keep check on everyone. We have made it easy for them ;)
12. adnankhan posted on 19 Dec 2012, 11:33 0 0
Interesting statistics. I was hoping the article would give the numbers of each kind of phones sold this year.
13. iDroid8 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 11:58 0 0
Just 81% of people use their phones for voice calls
Why do the others own them? To check the time?
16. Commentator posted on 19 Dec 2012, 13:05 1 0
Well yeah, you can get a cell phone for about the same price as a cheap watch these days.