Phones belonging to doomed MH370 passengers could reveal what really happened
0. phoneArena 13 Apr 2014, 14:01 posted on
CNN has been all over the story of the missing Malaysian Airlines jetliner. The all-news network has even speculated that if recovered, cell phones belonging to the passengers might be a treasure trove of information that could help solve the mystery of what happened to the plane. Now you're probably thinking that the odds favor that passenger's phones have been sitting in saltwater for weeks, so how could any information on a data card be saved?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3736; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Mystery.... I hope they find something....we don't know what happened with those passengers.
3. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
bermuda triangle took them deep inside i believe.....?
5. apple4never (Posts: 1008; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i think its a coverup, the government can find a phone but not a plane, somethings up
8. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
somethings not right and fishy going on there,,, mmmm, wonder whats in there mind? hiding something,,,,?
13. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
It's not that they can find the phones?
It's that of they find the plane, then the phones can provide more insight...
18. apple4never (Posts: 1008; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i mean that they can track a phone but not a plane
19. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
love the avatar,,,, Android inside apple.
soon Android will eat 3quarter of Apple
14. Doakie (Posts: 1415; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Let me guess, you probably think Bush planned it all right?
7. akki20892 (Posts: 3736; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
If someone did this then its huge, and its not safe. We have high technology this days and still not a single trace.
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
looks like the sea or the SATAN ate them all.....?
23. nazyr1803 (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Please dont make speculations. I am malaysian.
42. lyndon420 (Posts: 2103; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Sorry...but it doesn't matter where you are from, and if you lost loved ones on this flight you have our condolences. But until we have hard core evidence...speculation will run rampant I'm afraid.
36. Utopian (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
The flight did not have fuel to fly as far as bermuda triangle...!
47. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Wrong body of water, but possibly the Devil's Triangle then.
6. apple4never (Posts: 1008; Member since: 08 May 2013)
most likely theyll find them at the same time or around the same time
4. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3648; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yeah Black box is more important. Cockpit conversations can reveal all the mystery.
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
normally all previous crashes theyve found the black box, but in this case theres no sign of it.....?
37. shuaibhere (Posts: 1740; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I heard that after some time black box will not work...and that time has crossed in this particular..so black box will of no use I think...
44. DONUT (Posts: 322; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
nope. the black box battery will run out, thus silencing the "pings" that they emit making it harder to locate. but once they retrieve the box, the recordings can still be played
11. MrTzr (unregistered)
Why isn't the information from the black box or the CVR connected to the cloud?
12. apple4never (Posts: 1008; Member since: 08 May 2013)
because the transmitters would interfere with the on board systems but by now they shouldve made a way to use a satelite to keep uploading flight info
35. nlbates66 (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
no, because everyone is too busy making sure their stupid fat bank accounts keep getting fatter, for the same reason black boxes have such limited ping ranges and data sizes (what was it, only the last 2 hours on a recording loop?).
a lot of this equipment could've been made several hundred times better but nobody wants to spend their money toward it when they can just keep the status quo and thus the money to themselves.
15. thadjudda (Posts: 24; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Yeah, but you gotta find the damn airplane first and they gotta start looking in Space, Yes Outer space
17. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Air transport is the safest mode of transport they said.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 13812; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sadly, this plane is most likely at the bottom of the Indian Ocean. I don't think it's being held somewhere. I hope I'm 100% wrong though.
38. shuaibhere (Posts: 1740; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I just you're right..if not under indian ocean...it should be the with of terrorist....that is bad imo...
26. Adrian38 (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
It's definitely gonna be hard to find the plane now that the batteries in the black box have died. Who knows how far down in the ocean this plane is. This whole situation is just odd. Something is not right here.
30. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i read an article in news paper saying that the plane is 4,500 meter underneath the seabed, approximately 5 times of the Tallest Building in Dubai...and i wonder, even if the rescue or searching team able to determine the blackbox location, how would they travel up to 4,500 meter to get that blackbox.
45. Adrian38 (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Yeah, it's gonna be extremely hard to retrieve the black box. If it's even possible to retrieve it. This mystery might never get solved.
31. skyline88 (Posts: 371; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
Malaysian government is the most idiotic in the world
34. berry889 (Posts: 23; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
You are trully the most idiotic person in the world
33. Gamas_K (Posts: 68; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
So, they can't find the blackbox and decided to use phone as their information?
39. Prabs (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Anyone else have a problem with the title of this article? Doomed? Have some respect, especially when the author nor else yet has any idea what happened.
41. express77 (unregistered)
does this means they record all passengers phone data?