PhoneArena is perfectly safe to browse
0. phoneArena 15 Jan 2013, 13:23 posted on
Dear PhoneArena readers, it came to our attention that one of the advertisements on our site contained malware. We have immediately removed this advertisement from our pages, but unfortunately Google has already detected it, which is why some of you may be getting warning messages, upon loading the site. We want to assure you that all necessary measures have been taken to ensure that PhoneArena is absolutely safe to browse. We have submitted a report to Google to let them know about the situation, but it will probably take about a couple of hours until it gets processed, so it's possible for some of you to continue seeing the warning message for a while...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
26. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 650; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Thank u for detecting it but my phone still takes me to some porn site everytime I open Phonearena and I thought I was d only person, I wasn't going to reply to this but just when I was reading the article, booom, porn site popped up, and this happened like 3 days ago when my iPhone was on phonearena on d table and next thing there we half naked ladies on my screen, I hope no one looked at my phone.
27. tedkord (Posts: 7170; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
What's the problem? I mean full naked would be better, I suppose.
60. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4641; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
We when you are popular you get malware. Just like Android. When you are top dog everyone wants to bring you down.
I knew this was just a small issue & I am VERY glad that PhoneArena.com moved with the quickness & resolved the situaltion.
I have been a long time reader & VERY proud to be part of this community.
54. maier9900 (Posts: 272; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
yeah, thank you PA for making my computer go mad... Still not safe to browse PA, if this happened then it will happen again and again and whos to say theres no malware right now...
56. JC557 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Which is why you should have an updated browser and some decent AV/ Firewall just in case. Even MS Security Essentials works very well.
58. anshul0000 (unregistered)
i use adblock...
2. Deaconclgi (Posts: 395; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Phonearena, what AD service does the site use?
3. cripton805 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
It took Google for you guys to figure it out?
How long was this up for?
10. cripton805 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I guess Im the only one a little ticked about it.
4. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
this is why you get boosters for your vaccines.. to keep infections down. lol :)
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I had shot them email with screenshot :)
6. andrews317 (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I saw that message but ignored it because I'm on ubuntu.
7. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
So what was the virus, and what would EV went wrong, or what kind of malware was it, no wonder Lookout premium detected saying unsafe, I thought wtf, PA unsafe......?
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Wow THANK YOU PA! im currently using IE because of that message but will try chrome again soon.......So once again thanks for bein conscious about the situation :)
9. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
"Caution. This website is trying to install Malware or contains Malware. Are you sure you want to continue?" is what i keep getting.
13. easymomo (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Thanks guys, I was reading the news with Google Reader because I couldn't open the site with Chrome. Now I'm using Firefox.
24. buccob (Posts: 2009; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
you can still use Chrome... "proceeding at your own risk"...
59. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1308; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I was getting the message in Firefox, so it won't help on the long run.
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
sadly.....i had ad block installed :(
35. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
if you have FIRE FOX use this add on AhmadAslayegh it's called Adblock Plus and theirs even a app for Android phones too.
62. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
i find avast does a great job at blocking crap out of webpages and u can still load the page too
17. -SEUL8TR- (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Try these websites, stock888cn 17ebook, gncrorg, yt118.com
19. sprockkets (Posts: 1572; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
"What is the current listing status for phonearena.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 2624 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 28 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-01-15, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-01-15.
Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including adsbyisocket.com/.
This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS4436 (AS), AS22576 (LAYER3), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, phonearena.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message."
20. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Keep those full page pop out off PA and I'll be happy.
Its my tablet weakness
21. Fallin (Posts: 65; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Looks like you got my email about it. Thanks for fixing it. Keep bringing my tech news. Thanks.
22. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Thanks for the update PA. I'm reading this on my iPad but was slightly taken back when Chrome flashed up with a warning message on my PC.
23. JGuinan007 (Posts: 654; Member since: 19 May 2011)
So is there a fix for the virus you gave me?
29. nasznjoka (Posts: 376; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
but i just received that warning right now and I had to choose "continue at your own risk" and I clicked yes
31. aco96 (Posts: 227; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I have no problems with PA website - Internet Explorer 10
36. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Shouldn't you be worried that your browser and search engine doesn't give you a warning for sites infected with malware?
37. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
IE is adware/malaware friendly browser right from early days.
32. Not_Amused321 (Posts: 20; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
My browser wouldn't let me go onto this site just recently. Said there where malware on the site and I had to continue to site "at my own risk".
34. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
damn when i went on here it says UNSAFE on my FIRE FOX waited few hours same time. did u guys have like a MALWARE attack or something?
38. RohanM (Posts: 135; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
lol lol lol,
I am following/reading PA for more than a year now, but never register.
today thought to register so i can comment...and bang my crome shows this site can harm, i had a big laugh.... finally issue resolved... good. :-)
39. MartyK (Posts: 730; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
PA, really really needs to thank Google for finding PA issues!
41. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I wondering what in the hell happened when Firefox basically told me to abandon ship, every man for himself earlier today trying to get on
44. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
So that's why Firefox and Chrome have both warned me that Phonearena was unsafe and tried to prevent me from accessing the website earlier. Thank you for removing that malware advertisement and the website being functional again!!! I absolutely love and need this site for any cellphone and other technology news! It's all (mostly) here, organized and together.
45. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Well, just the same you have many cookies on here that try to attempt to spam my email:
Google Adsense Blocked here
Vibrant Ads Blocked here
BlueKai Blocked here
Google Analytics Blocked here
NetShelter Blocked here
Quantcast Blocked here
Doubleclick Blocked here
Turn Blocked here
Invite Media Blocked here
MediaMath Blocked here
AdNexus Blocked here
Media Innovation Group Blocked here
Collective Media Blocked here
46. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
You should also make a mobile friendly site too. The annoying advertisement in the beginning is annoying
47. ray77 (Posts: 126; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
finale l got my favorite site again thank u phone arena ^-^
48. reyenrique (Posts: 99; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
uraaa back again thank you PA love ur site (((:
49. toyboyz (Posts: 132; Member since: 22 Jan 2010)
Dam Malware! Almost missed my daily dose of phonearena:)
50. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Wow back to business PA great to have u back love ur site better than Cnet :))
51. ramonleonjr62 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
awesome great to see my favorite site back again great job pa love ur site and keep it safe, we need u guys ^-*
52. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The malware was probably all these apple articles.. oh wait - these are still here.
Anyway - gj for taking the steps timely to ensure that the site is up.