PhoneArena Q&A Ep 6: Samsung's "metal" phones, LG G2 speaker, Note 3 screen brightness and more
0. phoneArena 19 Oct 2013, 12:55 posted on
In the sixth episode of our Q&A series, Ray S. is going through a number of interesting topics, such as Samsung's typical design language, the questionable nit count of the Galaxy Note 3's display, the Xperia Z Ultra's processor, and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ijklmnop (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
no tech site has reviewed quickcharge supposed to come with s800.
would like to know about that.thank you
3. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I know the G2 is 3000 mah and from what I have seen it typically take like 1 hour to 1 hour 30 min.
22. Mittal (Posts: 445; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
i really dont think these videos are adding any value or knowledge to the readers.... i mean y would anyone want to know Ray's opinion on what resolutions would 2014 bring ?? They will just HAVE TO wait and watch
29. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Most of the ppl , don't want tin-can sealed phones. The market prove it. Only iboys buy it, because they are Unique Breed.
Ray and the other iTech "experts" must shut up, ones and forever. LOL
2. slavytodorov (Posts: 33; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Is there a chance that the iPad 5 will be more expensive than its predecessor? I certainly hope not!
5. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
No the ipad 4 is already overpriced they have plenty of headroom for their profit margins.
4. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
I don't really have any sound knowledge about android devices but my question is if samsung builds metal devices will they have a plastic frame?
9. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
So you admit you don't have any "sound knowledge" about Android devices, yet chatting sh¡T about them.
10. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
chill dude, I just know Samsung = plastic
12. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
The "plastic" which sold hundreds of millions.
13. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
...and they're changing to metal O_o
6. vedraj (Posts: 35; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
Hi ray,i was thinking of buying the z ultra because of its awesome screen,design,performance and the fact that it is Water Proof. Now i'm a bit confused about which phone to buy as the note 3 is available. I here that the note 3 is more compact than the ZU cos of its lower screen size,but which screen is more vibrant?
as Sony has used its Triluminos display,which appears to produce a true to life colors
than the over saturated screen of the Note 3.
Please guide me to buy a better screened phone
25. almostdone (Posts: 130; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Z ultra is a tablet with phone functions. Buy it If you want something that doesn't fit in your trouser / pants pcokets.
8. rallyguy (Posts: 574; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
So now there is a video to justify his biased reviews?
11. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
What might we see different on phones from next year?
14. maccess (Posts: 633; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
ray , did you uncheck the "auto adjust screen tone" on the note 3 display setting already?? you have to uncheck it to make the note 3 or all the galaxy phone's screen brighter..
15. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
That awkward moment when you write an article and refer yourself as a third person
"In the sixth episode of our Q&A series, Ray S. is going through a number of interesting topics, ..."
Yet this article was written by Ray S.
Was it that hard to say "In the sixth episode of our Q&A series. I'll be going through a number of interesting topics, ..."
lol, just saying
16. user996 (Posts: 193; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
600 nits and brightest smartphone screen ever? :D LoL nokia 701 is unbeatable in this category with result of 1000+ nits
17. tedkord (Posts: 5270; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Brightest they'd ever tested. Certainly brighter than the iPhone 5s in sunlight, which they had tested.
The problem was probably that Ray didn't test it in auto brightness. Though since this is a tech blog, he rely should have known that.
My question was actually rhetorical. We all know Ray's agenda.
20. youdug (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
in soviet russia, note 3 does not have high nits, only broken arm.
21. mohabmemo (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
hi ray i want to buy new flagship which best (sony/htc/samsung/nokia lumia/lg)
23. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
In almost all benchmark tests the iphone comes out on top, is it because of the awesomeness of the 64bit processor or is it just because ios is a lighter OS compared to android? Peace.
37. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
The iPhone has a low resolution screen compared to Android flagships and that contributes to it along with iOS being lighter and better optimized.
24. Ohrules (Posts: 325; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
where do you guys store the phones you review? is there some secret hoard in the basement of your office? :D
26. c.sonnen (Posts: 37; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Why charging time is not included in a battery test?
27. mui2g6 (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
how does the Persia zu cam stack up against that of the z1?
30. night_elf (Posts: 38; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
So, you where really lying about the Note3 Screen, on the comparasion you said 310 now in the video its 380, while display mate says more. I think someone got paid by apple, to say their display is better.
33. Raihanpatel111 (unregistered)
Finally I got someone who speaks English...
exactly man.... you are right .... The Review makers Paid by Apple, to say their Display is better ..... I'm happy to see that other peoples also can understand the politics of Apple....
31. therocker (Posts: 16; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
Hey ray,currently i'm going to buy a new cellphone and i'm damn confused between LG G2 and HTC One....i like G2's features and screen but also like One's body and boom speakers....please give me a suggestion :)
32. Raihanpatel111 (unregistered)
Hi Ray... What you thing About Flexible Phones...Are they Useful ??? for Right Now , Actually Flexible Phones are not really Flexible , They are just curved....you don't think that this type of Phones are just useless .....
35. keanuxxx (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
so the volume levels of the speaker are not that loud, so what about when you put a pair of earphones, how is the volume levels there, i need to know cause i listen to music alot. thx
36. skyflier (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
Hey Ray, this subject has been bothering me for quite a while. As you know, Android 4.4 is rumoured to have a feature that will allow it to run on lower end devices and that Google will be making it available for legacy devices. My question is, is this going to really happen? Since OEM's are responsible for their upgrades and many smartphones are buried and stuck in old versions of Android and it will be their interest to update such phones. Is Google going to deal with manufacturers to achieve this?
38. varunrawal (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
Hey quick question all these gadgets are cellphones with the generic purpose of making calls so how come none of the companies have ever emphasised on call quality or increasing the signal strength?,and lastly how come you guys never review different versions of a particular cellphone example the note 3 (snapdragon 800) vs the note 3 octa-core? Hope you could make one review soon.