PhoneArena Q&A Ep 4: Nexus 5's "fingerprint scanner", Xperia Z2, iOS 7's nasty parallax effect and more
0. phoneArena 04 Oct 2013, 08:41 posted on
It's once again time for PhoneArena's Ray S. to dive into the most interesting questions you've submitted - in the latest episode of the PhoneArena Q&A! This time, we're discussing sizzling-hot topics like the Nexus 5's "fingerprint sensor," our hopes for the Xperia Z2, iOS 7's nausea-causing parallax effect and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PowTheBowl (Posts: 86; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Do you think the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be made of metal?
20. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Will samsung use famous brands like Beats or JBL, Bose to their multimedia sound depatment?
23. kozza3 (Posts: 587; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
doubt it... maybe they will follow up with this whole "leather" look like on the Note 3 but personally i would love to see some carbon fiber
2. Arsen (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
The problem with sony is that the "SCREEN" is eating too much battery! Xperia Z1's "beefy" 3,000mAh battery is useless.
That's why i didnt bought one. Because i also experienced it with my. Xperia Z and Xperia S.
not impressed with sony atm.
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Ray.S what do you mean "wannabe" iP5s is a "wannabe of Motorola Atrix™ wannabe" Lmao! Correct that please!
4. bloodline (Posts: 703; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Hi, my name is Ray.S and I don't smile because I think I am cool. Reality is that what ever I do I am just one floppy apple loving nerd
6. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well said bloodline®
Ray.S is a big Apple fan.
Me2 I'm a big time hardcore Apple Royally™ fanboy® along with ninetysixMxzydarkkjeddisyedzainquezdagreatquadrezus
27. Airforce (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
AT LAST there is a face to the FAMOUS Iphonearena RAY.S
5. Gaurav008 (Posts: 293; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
What do you think about 'the supposed fingerprint sensor' of Nexus 5 ? Will it have some new functionalities (as compared to the apple one) ? And what are your expectations from the device from a geek pov ? :)
7. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Am not able to watch this as i am at work and they have blocked the proxy. What's this about a fingerprint scanner for the Nexus 5?
8. zekes (Posts: 220; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
why does android need java code but CANT run apps or its own OS native VIA LINIX
9. Scorpion (Posts: 96; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Hey Phone Arena, do you think that Google buying that company Flutter which specializes in gestures, has to do with the success of the GS4 and it's Air "gimmiks" (Which by my expirience are useful but battery eating). After all Google should feel worried that Samsung is becoming Android incarnate, blocking all other manufacturers.
11. LikeMyself (Posts: 352; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Hopes for xperia z2:
Compact size like Z if not ZL.Make it IP57 if this would reduce bezels and size.
But same materials!!! They appear to be solid from the drop test video. Improved internal strength coz despite being solid externally, the phone did not boot after drop test.
Lower bezels like LG G2.Reduce the bezels,man!
Multi window mode and IR like S4.No need to exaggerate though!
Stay simple like now!
Expandable storage (Why I'm not buying the One)
OIS camera.1080p @ 60fps
Mp3 Fm radio transmitter like my old Nokia
Still cannot find my perfect phone.Hope Sony(Z2) or HTC(One +) will make it.Can it be?
25. poping (unregistered)
also, add wolfson audio or equivalent...
12. SPIDERMAN4 (Posts: 25; Member since: 13 Apr 2011)
hi Ray,what do you think the resolution of high end Android tablets in late 2014 will be considering that some phones/phablets is going to have 2560x1600?
13. Scarambay (Posts: 57; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
1. Why does Google persist with LG and Asus to make Nexus devices?
2. Why do OEMs keep making the same mistakes again and again? For example, Sony's phones have always been criticized for washed out displays and feeble loudspeakers, HTC's phones are known for lacking microSD slots and less than stellar battery capacities, Samsung's phones are mocked for cheap, plasticky feel. My point is, do all these OEMs are ignorant of their mistakes or simply don't care to correct their mistakes?
14. HalaMadrid (Posts: 92; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Which Display you think is Better Super AMOLED Or Retina display or any other (mention)?
16. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1563; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
What do you prefer: on-screen buttons, or buttons on bezel? And why?
17. kirholstov (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Hi! Do you think it is the end for htc? Can htc One Max save them, considering that htc One, one of their most successful phones, didn't? Thank you.
18. atakaragyozov (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Is it true that Samsung Galaxy s5 will be fully controllable with eyes?
22. theaztech (unregistered)
eyes is so last year, the s5 will run telepathically with your mind.
19. tedkord (Posts: 6230; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well, that answers that question. I knew Ray wasn't a naive English speaker.
21. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 226; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Is HTC going to survive?Or there is a bad ending?
24. abhijithkumar.nit (Posts: 44; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
Ray, Which phone's OIS technology is better --LG G2 or Lumia range or Note 3?
26. dis1111 (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
i like xperia z1 very much but it is very bulky for me i want to know when xperia z1 mini is going to launch and will it be as good as z1