PhoneArena Q&A Ep 3: iPad 5's screen, Lumia 1520, Nexus 5's design, updates for the Nexus 4 and more
0. phoneArena 26 Sep 2013, 10:23 posted on
It's time for another Q&A episode, and boy do we have some sizzling-hot topics to discuss this time! We've gotten questions about the iPad 5's screen, the Lumia 1520's screen, the Nexus 5's design, Xperia Z1's camera and so on and so forth. Sure, information about most of these things isn't really abundant, but we can still share a thing or two...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sauce (unregistered)
So, I clicked on this article because from the thumbnail on the home page, Ray looks like Eminem.
Good Q&A btw.
2. BattalBoy (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
In the leaked picture of the nexus 5 from the FCC it seemed to have a black rectangle thing on the back. do you think this is a fingerprint scanner and if not what is it for?
3. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
so this is what the most hated person on phone arena looks like
7. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2047; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
He was. Now it's John V., primarily due to his biased reviews.
10. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4806; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I think I may have to agree here. John V. was always VERY unbiased but lately ESPECIALLY on his Apple iPhone 5c review he has been very questionable.
25. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I concur. Ray S redeemed himself with his improved reviewsstarting late last year, and when he traded in his iphail for a Lumia 720. John V apparently has become the new old-Ray S.
21. promise7 (Posts: 867; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Definitely John V, but only because of his annoying Joooooooooooooooooohn V here.
28. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Phonearena's reviews are faaaar better and unbiased than others. I once saw a c-net review of the Lumia 1020 (by Molly, I guess. Not sure about her name.)
At the end of the review, she said the Apple iphone 5 had the best camera in any smartphone!!
(And I was like, Oh man, I don't want to live in this planet anymore...)
31. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2247; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Oh yea.. i seen that review.. it made me sick ..
34. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Yeah. She didn't even know the difference between shutter speed and the time the camera app took to load..
I stopped watching cnet videos after that!! Stuck with PA, Verge, Engadget and PocketNow.. These guys do a far better job!
35. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
C-NET are literally retarded. They compared the Nokia Lumia 520 ($150 Australian Dollars) to the iPhone 5C ($739 Aus Dollars) ... Huh.
4. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2047; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
What will be the screen size on the Nexus 5?
13. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2047; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Ignore that question, here's the question I'd like answered:
What do you think of Microsoft acquiring Nokia? Is it better for Windows Phone?
5. Rongocook (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
Is their any chance of lumia 725 or 730 unveiling along with the 1520 on oct 22?want a mid-range wp along with my 5s
6. slavytodorov (Posts: 43; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
My God! I actually got mentioned in a video! Hurraaayy! Famous! #hollywood star :D :D :D
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What would you guys like to see in the Sony Xperia Z2?
11. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1231; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Is it worth upgrading to the Nexus 5 from the Nexus 4?
12. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
I'm surprised many dont know how they look. Guess there is no one on Google + -_-.
14. Commentator (Posts: 3664; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Was that last part not rhetorical...?
16. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1342; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Will iPad 5 increase its screen resolution?? Or feature a finger print scanner???
and what do you think about Lumia 1520?? Does it stand against its competitors like note 3 , Xperia ultra??
and what will gdr3 update bring other than hardware improvements???
will nexus 5 feature more premium design? Like aluminum back etc??
and do you think more than one nexus to introduce this year, like a high end version and an affordable version???
17. TrueGee85 (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Can the Amazon Fire HDX be hacked to run android?
18. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Question: What is the dimension of the rumoured Lumia 1520 compare to the P6 of huawei and the Galaxy Note 3. How big is this device. Thank you.. :)
19. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Why do i have a message like this below and i cannot comment using IE 10 in my windows 8 laptop. Its weird because i have to use chrome (which i really hate) and post comments there. What's wrong PA?
"You are using an old version Internet Explorer which PhoneArena.com no longer supports. Please update to Internet Explorer 8 or better, Chrome or Firefox."
20. milesboy5 (Posts: 176; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
I have had that problem a lot recently as well. Along with IE 10 not being able to go to certain websites because adobe no longer works on it.
26. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Make sure Compatibility Mode is turned off. F12 and click where it says "IE 10 Comparability Mode" click the drop down option for "IE 10".
I'm unable to click the "thumbs up" and "reply" on my Lumia 925 in IE.
Why PA refuses to serve the largest technological user base on the planet astounds me
33. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2247; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
My PC is on windows 8 pro, and it lets me comment on iE
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Ray, there was a news that people trying out the new iOS 7 parallax and zoom features are getting sick to their stomach, experiencing vertigo, headaches and nausea. Have you experienced something like that while using iOS 7 ? :D
24. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
He's a Apple fan! Why would he?
Me and PAPINYC have!
29. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3713; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Why G2 and Z1 and many are using Onscreen buttons which makes the screen smaller than actual?
30. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2247; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Thanks Ray S.. for answering my question... either screen display, is going to rawk \m/
36. slavytodorov (Posts: 43; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Is there a chance that the iPad 5 will have the iPhone 5S's camera or at least a 5 megapixel one with larger pixels and better low-light performance?
37. Samir_Maric (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
I have a big question. Is Sony Xperia z1 has pencil input support like Xperia Z Ultra???
38. Jobayer (Posts: 167; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Will the nexus 5 have a 2300mah or 2700mah battery ?
39. Lumia720loverZ1getter (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Hey Phonearena, can u please tell me whether we can change the Launcher on Xperia Z1 or not from its custom sony Launcher??? I mean something like Smart Launcher or lets say Go Launcher? can we change that or not? And as u say the camera didn't performed as expected, so will there be a performance improvement with updates or not? Please please answer my questions? ME buying the xperia Z1 depend alot ob these 2 questions aside from others
40. Hmong_Xiong (Posts: 32; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Is it really worth upgrading to the Nexus 5 from the Nexus 4? What are the pros and cons of upgrading to the N5 from the N4?
41. Qwerty-keyboard (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
i will buy next lumia if it wil have same desing like 920 and updrade specs + nokia logo but not microsh*t logo,,,,