PhoneArena Q&A Ep 2: Android 4.4 KitKat, Nexus 5, 1080p smartphones, BlackBerry Z30 and more
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2013, 01:21 posted on
It's time for us to launch the second episode of our new Q&A series. This time, our own Ray S. answers interesting questions about the next version of Android, the Nexus 5, BlackBerry Z30 and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Shenoy (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
will we see a Nokia aluminium phablet with 1080p display this year...we alreay know that there is a Nokia 1520 coming this month...but what about the previously leaked picture on the aluminium shell in mass production?
20. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Nokia would never touch that crap, aluminum is weak and easy to dent/scratch. If they use metal it will be something more reliable like steel or magnesium alloy (magnesium alloy is better than both steel and aluminum, way more durable than plastic)
31. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I guess you've never heard of the Lumia 925.
36. Shenoy (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
i guess i just mentioned phablet with 1080p display...Nokia lumia 925 is not fully aluminium my friend..it just has a frame made of aluminium...m talking about the leaked pictures of the big size aluminium shell that were released back in june...i guess u may need to go back and do some homework of cheking the leaked pics on phonearena
39. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't need to go back & do anything. My comment wasn't a reply to you, it was to Shatter. I know the 925 has an aluminum frame. He said Nokia would never touch aluminum & I was simply proving him wrong.
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Wow, how oblivious one must be to think that 4.4 is still named key lime pie? Has this person been living under a rock recently? :P
11. hadouken (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
You can't blame the person asking because Kitkat 4.4 was announced after the last episode of PA Q&A.
This is kind of a problem in this "series", questions shouldn't be asked in the comment section and be answered weeks later. It's a little late.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Wow my question actually made it on the video lol. Thanks Ray! :)
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Still prefer Super AMOLED though. The saturated colors are just... Perfect.
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
No, it is not. At least for today.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Technical thing is not a user preference.
35. slavytodorov (Posts: 43; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
AMOLEDs have over saturated colors, low brightness level and they cannot display white correctly. Isn't that enough to prove that AMOLEDs aren't the best? I'd say the LG G2's screen is much better in terms of color accuracy and brightness.
12. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Yeah, me to. Thanks Ray, its just sad that KLP still not out, i was really looking forward to it..
And another question. Why is my IE 10 not compatible with you site? Its showing this "You are using an old version Internet Explorer which PhoneArena.com no longer supports. Please update to Internet Explorer 8 or better, Chrome or Firefox." yet im having the latest IE available. Ang becoause of that i cannot comment.
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sorry, but why are you using IE10 in the first place?
6. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2138; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I dont like the whole kitkat name.,... im just goimg to watch the video...
8. slavytodorov (Posts: 43; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Will iPad 5 have a higher resolution display and will the latter really be manufactured by SHARP?
30. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
The Ipad 5 has a high resolution display. A higher display is nonsense.
34. slavytodorov (Posts: 43; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I'd rather disagree. In order to be able to compete with other high-end tablets in terms of screen, the iPad 5 should have a ppi of over 300, isn't that right? I'm not saying the current resolution isn't very high but why not be even higher? Think about it. :)
37. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
You are right, but other high end tablets have a lower resolution than iPad (except the Nexus 10 and one or two others). You can see the pixels if you look very closely even with devices with 441 ppi (at least I can do) but in normal usage, you look at the phone like 20 cm away and at the tablets nearly 40 cm, so even with 200 ppi, you can't see the pixels on normal usage.
If iPad 5 has -for example- 4k resolution, then there wouldn't be much visual difference, but it would definetly get slower.
9. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2138; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
PA . Will the upcoming Nokia 1520 , have amoled display? Or SLCD?
10. mottykels (Posts: 373; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Haha, i really love u Ray S. are you singel? ;) hehe
14. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
after kitkat next version of android is ladoo????
16. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Will Nexus 5 get a design close to G2, I mean regarding less bezels as G2, cause its looking very big from backside in the guy's hand.
18. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
can someone update me on samsung ativ tab3. samsung are suppose to release the device on Sept 1st but are yet to come public why device have been released yet and when will it available. also anyone have an idea of Sony vio tap 11 price when it goes on sell.
19. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I have always wanted to slap Ray.s...now I have seen him I want to do it more.
21. ivanprskalo (Posts: 123; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
What do you think guys what is holding back Sony's penetration to US and Canadian market?
And why is Samsung so dominant in Android world? (Because I do not think that they make best smartphones, and I don't know a single person who thinks so)
22. PhoenixWright (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I've always thought about getting a 10 inch tablet for casual use but I also want it to be very powerful. I want to choose the Xperia Tablet Z or the next generation iPad. So here's my question:
Is there going to be a next generation Sony Tablet Z?
If so, any rumors or specs about it?
29. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
The Xperia Tablet Z released in march (or something like that) so I am sure the next Xperia tablet won't be released until next year, so ıt's completely expected that there isn't any rumors about it yet.
23. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1926; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Do you think the Z1's camera can compete with that of Lumia 1020?
Another question! Will the Nexus 4 also get the 4.4 update around the same date as on the N5?
28. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Doesn't Xperia Z1 have a trilominous display which makes it better than Htc One and Lg G2?
33. Fallin (Posts: 69; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Do you think that KitKat 4.4 will bring project Roadrunner? Would changing the processors to 64-bit make a difference for our phones, like improvements upon battery life, better performance? Would we see our phone get more ram to better support the 64-bit processors?
38. Samir_Maric (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Next version of android is 4.4.. Why should goolge still goes 4.+ something? is that means 4.4 kitkat is just a minor update for android???
41. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
You are talking like 4.1 was a minor update