PhoneArena Q&A Ep 1: Devices at IFA 2013, Apple's iPhone 5S/5C unveiling, Key Lime Pie features and more
Welcome to our first PhoneArena Q&A show where we try to get the answers for the things that interest you. You can watch our pilot episode above and give us your feedback in the comments below.
Got anything you want to ask us? (Preferably mobile-related...) Go ahead, then! Our goal right now is to produce this on a weekly basis, but of course, it'll all depend on the number of questions we get from you. Don't be shy to post your questions below, and we'll do our best to answer them next time!
14. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Thought we had that already - no one used it.
22. user996 (Posts: 215; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
as you guess someone uses it. there won't be any compromise if Google adds software for FM transmitter because almost every mobile CPU supports FM radios. i don't care if update will be 5 or 10 MB bigger or ever 50, it is very useful feature on Nokia phones. only people who will be unsatisfied with that are GS4 users as they DO NOT HAVE FM chip in a phone anymore
2. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
My question would be. What so exciting about key lime pie. And does the current 2013 flagship still upgradable to that version?
3. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1268; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I like to know about key lime pie. What will be the features its going to have? And I heard it'll run smooth on low specification like 512mb ram, are they rebuilding Android from the beginning?? (I remember reading somewhere "android never be as smooth as iOS or WP" unless rebuilding it).
will comparible with old hardware and anything about new UI???
and is iPhone C going to price as rumoured?? 350$-450$??
4. nothingmuch (Posts: 188; Member since: 03 May 2013)
The Samsung Ativ Q has been cancelled due to a patent, what patent and who owns it? And how can a there be a patent on a device that runs completly 2 different OS' s?
Please dont say its Apple!
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I just throwing a random question to see if it'll be featured on the next video.
Which smartphone features the best 1080p screen on the market as of now?
36. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Galaxy s4 with a small margin to htc one
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Do you guys think that BlackBerry is too late to release their upcoming flagship - the BlackBerry Z30? And do you guys think that BlackBerry will make a comeback? :)
13. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Blackberry is dead. No, actually, Blackberry is beyond dead; it's been wrapped in special bandages and mummified so that it may be discovered as an ancient artifact 2000 years from now.
7. omar98 (Posts: 42; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
What will be the major features of key lime pie?
Why can't nokia go Android + Windows phone?
There are so many Mobile operating systems coming soon , How will all of these succeed as an OS?
When will BBM arrive to android?
8. TechTitan (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
What's the next step of innovation as the hardware race slows?
9. li0nh3art (Posts: 28; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Do you think that Nokia has finally nailed it with Windows Phone 8? Most users (Including me, I'm Nexus 4 user as well) have started to like the different and smooth UI!
But also, its only Nokia who is showing some efforts for promoting Windows Phone 8, microsoft is not doing good regarding updates for Windows Phone 8 like notification centre which is really necessary to have.
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Is there anything (other than the larger battery) that is different between the new Droid Ultra and Maxx phones? The local VZW store rep said no (other than the non-smudgy case on the Maxx), but this is Q&A, so here's my Q.
12. ravivarma639 (Posts: 21; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Will klp 5.0 bring ios smoothness & responsiveness to android
15. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1930; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
How can I get multiple home pages on my friend's iphone?
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
By dragging an app to another homepage?
16. Fallin (Posts: 69; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Do you think we will see Motorola make a Nexus device or will it just be LG again? Should Blackberry go private or stay a public traded company? Should Blackberry separate the BBM service into its own company? Do you think KLP will bring Project Roadrunner?
17. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1930; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Ok, this question I want on the next video: What will the next WP update bring?
18. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
D you think WP will ever reach the features and maturity of more progressed OS's like Android or iOS??
19. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Ah, the KLP..
I have a feeling this will be Google's all out tour the force, bringing true optimization and flexibility.
I expect a smooth operation in low end devices, and a desktop mode with full blown multitasking for high end devices.
28. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I have some nice expectations, and as much as I want everything said about it to be true I think it will be slightly underwhelming with so much hype.
21. ijustcoolin (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
My question is will apple will introduce in any of there upcoming iphones a feature called
Can we Pause the video while shooting it on there phone or ipad ? Its so basic thaugh but apple is apple can we see any feature like this .....
23. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
My question is: Does PhoneArena.com correspondent at IFA 2013 will get free food and drinks? :D
24. Madarres (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
What kind of last minute updates will samsung make to the galaxy note 3 now that sony and htc are stepping up their phablet game?
27. Jurdiales (Posts: 131; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Motorola needs to reinvent and resurrect the original Droid line, i´m talking about the Droid 5, the last leaked Moto looks like a scrapped design but what about if Motorola designs the Slider??? With the 8X Soc and maybe a huge battery and cutting edge specs... but the only problem is that Android is not optimized for qwerty phones...
30. slavytodorov (Posts: 43; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Is it true that Apple is also going to announce the new Ipads on September 10? Please tell me it is!
31. abhijithkumar.nit (Posts: 47; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
It is told time and again that higher megapixel count doesn't ensure good picture quality but seeing Htc one failing miserably in the camera shootout of yours, isn't it true that lower mp count can be more worse?
32. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Can KLP run on 256 MB RAMs and 600 MHz processor? If so then old android phones will get an upgrade or not?
Why Nokia is putting so much efforts in promoting WPs than MS? If for sales then why MS is so slow or delaying for WP OS?
34. gaby1451 (Posts: 113; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
omg Ray you're so cute :D but more importantly: Any idea as to wether the new iPad will sport a larger screen size or 16:9 aspect ratio?
35. devil888 (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
When will the new Nexus smartphone come out, and do you think it will retain the same price tag as the Nexus 4 had when it was unveiled? Also, do you think that it will be based on the LG G2 as the rumours suggest or you think those are just hoax?
37. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
If nokia went android instead of WP, will it have a close fight with samsung? Or will it just be inferior just like htc even if it has great design, quality and specifications?